Anyone buy a new car using a web reverse auction?

/ Anyone buy a new car using a web reverse auction? #1  

JJT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710 HST and a Kubota ZD21 60Pro
I'm considering buying a new car and hate the process, I'd love to pay invoice and the dealers would love you to pay MSRP. They do this numerous times a day, I deal once every few years, they are pro's and I'm a rookie.

I tripped across a reverse auction site that puts your car up to bid with a minimum of 10 local dealers. Has anyone here done 1 of these? Sounds like a great way to get the best price, the dealers are bidding against themselves and I don't have to call, email or visit them to facilitate the process.

/ Anyone buy a new car using a web reverse auction? #2  
Well I kind of did that.....but not really. My wife and I were looking for a new ride for her. We spent alot of time out at the dealers just checking them out. I always told the saleman that we were not buying today just want to look. My wife fell in love with the 03 Buick Rendevous. I went to the Buick site and there is an optoin where you can build your own car with the options you want and then the site will go out and find that car at a dealer that is close. It located one and then gave the option to notify that dealer. A salesman responded the next day with the rock bottom price. I then just called other local dealers to price that model and told them what I was doing. That orginal saleman got the sale....he was almost a grand less than everyone else. We scheduled a meeting and bought the car. This was the most relaxed car purchase we have ever made. So I guess I kind of did what you are talking about but did most of the leg work myself with the help of the net. Happy hunting.

/ Anyone buy a new car using a web reverse auction? #3  
One way to get a great price is to use one of Fords discount plans.

A-Plan is a special price for employees of Ford Motor Company to buy a new Ford at "cost". Only Ford employees and their immediate family members can get the A-Plan price.

X-Plan is for Ford "Partners" - employees of Ford suppliers, bankers, and other business partners. The X-Plan price is 4 percent above the A-Plan price but still under dealer invoice.

Ford employees are given a handfull of X-Plan PINs each year - to give out to their "friends and neighbors". So even if you don't qualify for an X-Plan PIN by working for a Ford partner, you might be able to get a PIN by making friends with a Ford employee.

<font color="blue"> Here </font> is a list of companies that qualify for the X plan. I don't know if the other manufactures have the same kind of plans.

/ Anyone buy a new car using a web reverse auction? #4  
Good information. My son works for one of the X-Plan companies. We buy Fords (currently a Windstar and a Focus ZX-3, planning on a new truck to replace my Dakota). How can I work it so I can use his X-Plan pricing?

/ Anyone buy a new car using a web reverse auction? #5  
I don't know if you're eligible to use his X plan or not. Your best bet is to have him check with his Human Relations department. They would know if just he and a spouse are eligible or if his entire family is.

/ Anyone buy a new car using a web reverse auction? #6  
Two ways that I have bought vehicles. The first was via the credit union. They have a autoperks department. You go in and tell them what you want and they do the searching. They will come back to you with some options and very good prices.
The second method I have used is buying via ebay (2 vehicles) and have done very well.
PJ