Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick?

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
We placed an order for a Maverick Lariat hybrid with heated seats at the local dealer. The story is they cannot get onto the order portal until August.

They got an ecoboost in. We went to check it out. Wife did not like it. It was 4wd and appeared much higher than the 0.3 inches that the specs say for 4wd.

I test drove it. Wife didn't want to in the rain and traffic. Plus, she did not like it. Drove fine by me.

May be a year's wait.

Keep seeing Youtube videos about Toyota bringing back the Stout name by converting a Rav4 or Corolla to pickup. The Rav4's hybrid specs are almost identical to those on the Maverick.

Local Toyota dealer says they have not heard about it, and it's usually a year after they've been told to when they get a vehicle.

Others are studying: RAM with a 800 or 1200; Chevy with a Montana, etc.

We've a 2005 Tacoma that is still fine and a 2016 Mazda3. I can no longer drive the 3 because of close placement of brake and clutch: severe neuropathy. Can still drive the Tacoma. Neither of us like the Tacoma: too damn big. We liked the 1997 that we had. Selling the Miata. Same story as the 3.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #2  
Been wondering also about the Ford Maverick pickup. Interesting how they come out with a new model that can't be produced to meet demand.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #3  
I had a '71 for a while? Could never resolve it's electrical issue where it would just randomly engage the starter while going down the road.

😁

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #5  
I had a '71 for a while? Could never resolve it's electrical issue where it would just randomly engage the starter while going down the road.

😁
Slowpoke Slim,

Interesting how Ford recycles a name of a car that, at the height of the 70's fuel crisis, was barely tolerable and always reminded me of a Chevy Vega. However, if I ever find a good condition V-8 powered Maverick I will do my best to find a place in the garage for it.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #6  
   / Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #7  
We placed an order for a Maverick Lariat hybrid with heated seats at the local dealer. The story is they cannot get onto the order portal until August.

They got an ecoboost in. We went to check it out. Wife did not like it. It was 4wd and appeared much higher than the 0.3 inches that the specs say for 4wd.

I test drove it. Wife didn't want to in the rain and traffic. Plus, she did not like it. Drove fine by me.

May be a year's wait.

Keep seeing Youtube videos about Toyota bringing back the Stout name by converting a Rav4 or Corolla to pickup. The Rav4's hybrid specs are almost identical to those on the Maverick.

Local Toyota dealer says they have not heard about it, and it's usually a year after they've been told to when they get a vehicle.

Others are studying: RAM with a 800 or 1200; Chevy with a Montana, etc.

We've a 2005 Tacoma that is still fine and a 2016 Mazda3. I can no longer drive the 3 because of close placement of brake and clutch: severe neuropathy. Can still drive the Tacoma. Neither of us like the Tacoma: too damn big. We liked the 1997 that we had. Selling the Miata. Same story as the 3.
Your reasoning for something like the Maverick is why they are selling so good. Some people want a small truck that isn't pretending to be a big truck. Make it easy to drive, park, get in and out of, and can haul some stuff. Just a nice little truck that you don't need steps to get into it.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #8  
:ROFLMAO: I'm sorry I completely got the wrong impression . . . "Ford Maverick" I was thinking about my brother buying a ford that came out in the early 70's.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #9  
A friend bought 1 with the ecoboost and loves it !!

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #10  
My 1st car was a Maverick back in 1979. I don't recall the model year. It was barf green; a 4 doors, 6 cyl., $600.00.

Some good times. I did not know Ford was recycling the name.