Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick?

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #61  
That's what I thought until my Mazda3 ate the rear pads in 50K miles. The front pads are still about 50%. I asked my local trusted mechanic about it and he said it's not unusual on many of the small late model cars to eat rear brake pads these days. He actually claimed he'd take rear drums over discs.
NoTrespassing,

The new cars with traction and stability control actually apply the rear brakes independently according to whatever the cars computer thinks is going to happen and is the reason for the newer cars to consume rear brake pads much faster than one would expect. Example: You go into a left hand corner a little to fast and the car sees the front starting to stray out to the right, the car's computer will apply only the left rear brake, causing the left rear tire to slow down and the car will rotate left and back into the corner. When driving on ice and snow the car's computer is constantly managing the cars stability by applying left of right rear brake as it sees fit. Presto. Thinner rear brake pads

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #62  
Yeah, kind of what I figured. Brake design for a truck must be a lot more complicated than a car/SUV due to the front/rear weight imbalance (not to mention loaded vs empty differences).
Oaktree,

Truck rear brake design was very complex BEFORE ABS came on the scene due to truck must behave properly when loaded and unloaded during severe braking. ABS braking improved truck braking performance and significantly simplified the design because ABS monitors each wheel independently for wheel lock-up and moves braking application to the wheels with better traction.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #63  
The hybrid drive train adds another twist to the braking system. I always check the front brakes on my vehicles when I rotate tires. When I took my Fusion hybrid in for new tires I was shocked when they told me my rear brakes were worn out. I did a little research and found that, although most of braking is regen braking on the front wheels, the rear brakes are always lightly applied to insure stability. Therefore, on a hybrid, the rear brakes wear faster than the front brakes, often requiring replacement twice as often.

/ Anyone else ordered or got a Ford Maverick? #64  
My family had 4 Comet's. 1961, 1965, 1971, 1976.
I had a '64 when I was in college (late 60s), had either the 170 or 200 six, 3 in the tree. Liked that car, wish I had it today. Kind of a weak heater, but the core might just have needed to be replaced. Only reason I got rid of it was when I graduated and got my first "real" job, I wanted a new car with a V8. That was the only new car I've ever owned ('70 Dart Swinger, 318/3 on the floor). Put almost 300k on it.

Fast forward about 25 years, saw one almost identical to mine in a junkyard. Funny, back in its day it was considered a compact, but it was bigger than a full-sized 90s car. I put the front seat all the way back, and still had legroom in the rear. Huge trunk too!
Was told to me by a car dealer in Central America who complained about it back in the 80's.
I think he knows what he sold, or didn't sell.
Wasn't the 80s reincarnation just a rebadged corrola?