Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor?

/ Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor? #1  

wstr75

Gold Member
I rolled over my diesel BCS 853 last Saturday while pulling a subsoiler implement. We were pulling up landscape cloth buried under 20 years of mulch and I lost track how close to a chip mound from a ground stump the right wheel was. It crawled up that mound and promptly flipped over. I let go of the safety handle and fortunately the engine fuel supply cut off the engine. No oil loss and no other problems. Am writing this up so my fellow 2-wheel operators have this knowledge.

/ Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor? #2  
I flipped my 853 on its side brush mowing when the right tire fell in a hole the same moment the left tire ran up on a tree stump hidden by brush. Tractor was uninjured as was I.

/ Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor? #3  
I flipped my Grillo g85d I was pulling a big branch down into the ditch. I ran a rope around a tree down in the brush and back to my tractor wasn't straight with the rope when I hit pressure on the rope, didn't hurt a thing

/ Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor? #4  
I laid our Troy Bilt on its side. First year tilling the garden site. Got tangled with ancient barbed wire. It just kept spinning - pulling & winding that 'ol barbed wire. Then I turned it off. What a chore. Unwrapping barbed wire.

/ Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor? #5  
Guess I can't join this elite club :confused:
Our BCS732 is relatively low powered, though I have had it leap in the air when it hit still frozen soil.
I will have to practice flipping.

Stay safe :drink:

/ Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor? #6  
I never had my BCS or my Troybilt Horse on the side or upside down. I did stand the Troybilt on its nose a few times when it hit a rock, but I pulled it back. Dangerous when that happens if it ever hit you under the chin. I stand way back or to the side.

/ Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor? #7  
I've put my Grillo 107d on its side a few times, haven't flipped it over completely. Yet.

Lots of hills here.

/ Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor? #8  
I never 'rolled' mine while using it, but I did loose it while loading into my truck one time. I used to use wood 2x8 planks to load my old BCS 605 with tiller into my truck. One time I tried it while on my paved driveway which was stupid. As I reached the top edge of the planks, the left plank slipped back and the 605 dropped nose first onto the concrete. It bounced and fell onto it's side. I was lucky, only denting the steel shell around the engine recoil, and the BCS ran fine for years afterwards. I bought a pair of nice aluminum ramps after that, and haven't used wood planks since that day.

/ Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor? #9  
Never upset it but did have to extracate it a time or two when it went too far over an edge.

DSC01382.JPG

I don't think, a couple of guys could have done it. That thing was HEAVY!

/ Anyone Flip Over Their Two Wheel Tractor? #10  
So you guys are saying that Grillo and BCS 2 wheel tractors can take a beating and still survive. I am watching over mine G110 like it was a 1 month old baby. And with its safety factor of around 2.5 or maybe 3 if I close one eye, that gearbox feels really fragile. At least I will not worry so much now hearing your stories.