Anyone got a DeWalt 20V saw (DCCS620B)?

/ Anyone got a DeWalt 20V saw (DCCS620B)? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
Just got said saw to:
Capitalize on my investment in 20V dewalt batteries
Because my back was hurting bending over to cut up small limbs with my Lynxx 40v
To put in my Ford Escape or F350 for the occasional limb across the road, (the Lynxx is a little too big).

Only used it for about 10 minutes so far cutting up some downed limbs. Seemed to work well, considering it's size. It's light and I can operate it with either hand and it definitely will save my back pain.

But I'm concerned about oil output. The chain never got hot but was barely greasy. I've been using Bailey's Motion Lotion and I'm concerned it might be too thick.

Anyone else have the DCCS620?

Any problems with oiling?

/ Anyone got a DeWalt 20V saw (DCCS620B)? #2  
Maybe you got a better one. My DCCS620 (no B) ran OK until it died, handle with trigger switch got hot. It was no match for my 36v Stihl. Bare saw was a lot cheaper than 2nd Stihl battery.

Looking for cheap saw? I've been looking at these, every link has a cutter tooth
Hyper Tough 2V HT Charge Cordless 1 inch Auto-Oiling Chainsaw HT19-41-3-11 - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

I've modded their polesaw for this project
Found New Job for Root Grapple | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota
only complaint, needs bigger battery- longer run time

Last edited:
   / Anyone got a DeWalt 20V saw (DCCS620B)? #3  
Bought my wife one. Its going on 5 years old and has had a lot of use. Works great and can cut a lot of wood on 1 5ah battery for a battery saw. My only complaint (unlike yours) is the oil runs out too fast. Gets a little messy some times.
Keep a sharp chain on it and you should be quite happy too. As long as the chain is getting some lube you should be ok. Maybe try a different oil. Havnt tried what you are using so I cant say whats too thick of a oil

/ Anyone got a DeWalt 20V saw (DCCS620B)?
<snip>
Keep a sharp chain on it and you should be quite happy too. As long as the chain is getting some lube you should be ok. Maybe try a different oil. Havnt tried what you are using so I cant say whats too thick of a oil
Do you know what you are using for oil?
Got to admit wife got wondering why I was getting cases of "Motion Lotion".
It's a good tacky oil and cost me (then) $6/gallon with free shipping.

/ Anyone got a DeWalt 20V saw (DCCS620B)? #5  
I have one, and generally like it, battery life is good and its light and easy to use.
I use Stihl b/c oil since that's what I have on the shelf and it oils plenty, but it does leak some in storage-that is my only real complaint.

/ Anyone got a DeWalt 20V saw (DCCS620B)? #6  
I agree with Kennyg.
It’s a good, light saw and its ready to go right away, but it does leak bar oil in storage.