Anyone have a good source for tractor tires and rims

/ Anyone have a good source for tractor tires and rims #1  

ernemats

Veteran Member
Tractor
power trac 422, and agco-allis 5660, john deere 550 dozer ,1845 power trac
I am looking for some new tractor tires rear 16.9 x 30 and possibly rims as the current rims are getting rusted pretty bad around the valve stems and some on other parts of the rims as they are filled with calcium. The rims are bolted onto the hub in 6 locations. I am located in Pa.

/ Anyone have a good source for tractor tires and rims #3  
I just put a new set of 16.9-30s on the 4630. Called 4 different places and priced Firestone 23 degrees at all four places. Had new tubes put in and fluid added in one that got the hole and was flat. Old ones were 25 years old and needed replacing before I got a quarter size hole in it. Every tire shop I talked to said stay away from the foreign tires cause in 10 years they won’t hold up. Total cost was $1,305 with me taking the tractor to them. I suggest calling every where you can. I went with the cheapest place but they ranged from $100-$300 higher at the other places. Don’t know what to tell you about rims.

/ Anyone have a good source for tractor tires and rims #5  
If you can get a good local installer Jeff's advise is spot on. I had to re-shod my 4610SU last year and scored a set of 16x24 on Ebay for a tick over $500. That was a complete set delivered to a local trucking company. My local installer put them on and had the rims sandblasted and painted. I furnished the antifreeze for the fill and got out for less than $400. These were 12 ply industrial s that were perfect for brush hogging. I realize that 16.9x30 is a larger tire but it is a viable option if you have a good local tire installer.

/ Anyone have a good source for tractor tires and rims #6  
I just put a new set of 16.9-30s on the 4630. Called 4 different places and priced Firestone 23 degrees at all four places. Had new tubes put in and fluid added in one that got the hole and was flat. Old ones were 25 years old and needed replacing before I got a quarter size hole in it. Every tire shop I talked to said stay away from the foreign tires cause in 10 years they won’t hold up. Total cost was $1,305 with me taking the tractor to them. I suggest calling every where you can. I went with the cheapest place but they ranged from $100-$300 higher at the other places. Don’t know what to tell you about rims.

BKT tires are (foreign) made in INDIA, and have a very good reputation.

/ Anyone have a good source for tractor tires and rims
Cannot find any local tire dealers for farm tractors anymore , it seems they all went out of business. Local tire and repair shop can get and install tires but cannot deal with calcium filled tires.

/ Anyone have a good source for tractor tires and rims #8  
Try Ag Equipment Specialties in Mercersburg.