Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro?

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
1965 135 gasser, 1967 135 diesel
Woods never sold a TC38 Garden Tiller with a two point hitch. The third point is motorized wti an accuator. They made and still do a three point hitch type. All requiring more HP though.

Terrapro88

Tractor
1988 Yamaha Terrapro
When you say PTO cover. Are you talking about the dust cover that goes over the PTO output fitting. When you talk about belts. Are you speaking of the PTO belts on the Terrapro? They are an in stock part. Pricey but in stock. I saw a set on eBay for sale.

Hey! I am meaning the dust cover that goes over the PTO output fitting. I never even knew there was one until I saw it on an old one that was for sale on ebay a good while back. I tried to buy it, but the guy didn't want to separate it from the Terrapro.

It is the PTO belts on the Terrapro itself. For now, I took the belts off the Terrapro I am restoring and put them on the Terrapro I am using. You are correct about the price for the belts.... I have searched everywhere for ones that might work and not really found anything I like. I have hit every tractor place, Motion Industries, Fastenal, lawnmower places etc... I guess I am just going to have to bite the bullet and pay for a new oem set.

I also had to buy a new belt for the FM48. Yamaha/Woods are very proud of those also. I managed to find one on ebay that was new-old stock that I picked up for about 50 dollars. The belts for the RC42 are not that bad. I have a new wheel for one of the RC42's that I need to get put on before I start mowing again.

I have found one auger, but the guy wanted more for it than I was willing to give. I could buy a nice self-powered auger for what it would have cost me.

The suitcase weighs for the front would be nice. With the RT38 on the back, the front end is pretty light.

Speaking of expensive, I think the actuators for the RT38 are very expensive if you can even find them. Have you been able to locate one? There was a Terrapro with a RT38 on it that was for sale in the Huntsville, Alabama craigslist a while back that they had put a winch on also. Thought it wasn't a bad idea if it ever goes out and I can't find or don't want to pay for a new actuator.

Thanks!

Michael

Terrapro88

Tractor
1988 Yamaha Terrapro
Do you have the owners Manual for the RT38 tiller? I found one online last year and bought it. If you need any part numbers etc. let me know.

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
Do you have the owners Manual for the RT38 tiller? I found one online last year and bought it. If you need any part numbers etc. let me know.
I have a near mint one. Thanks. I also have manuals for the RC42 and FM48, they are like new as well.

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
Hi all! I have two Terrapro's. I am restoring one now and using the other. The one I am restoring was used for a couple years and then was parked in a storage garage and not used for the next 22 years. It came with almost every piece of equipment that was made for it.
I'd like to see some pictures of all this. Post a few here. -kid

facundo88

Tractor
terrapro 350
Hi Good afternoon my name is Facundo Gatti and am restoring a TerraPro 350 in Argentina, was a long time lying in a barn and some hoses coming from the Transmit and a kind of pump that is in the PTO Nose which are connected one has a manual that you can show me where to find these hoses are connected?

Tanks

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
Hi Good afternoon my name is Facundo Gatti and am restoring a TerraPro 350 in Argentina, was a long time lying in a barn and some hoses coming from the Transmit and a kind of pump that is in the PTO Nose which are connected one has a manual that you can show me where to find these hoses are connected?

Tanks
There are no pumps in this machine to drive the PTO. It is done with clutch to gears. Are you talking about an ATV or something else?

facundo88

Tractor
terrapro 350
no, they are a MANIFOLDS leaving the rear wheel right and one that goes above the PTO, and go to the front of the quad, where are disconnected

facundo88

Tractor
terrapro 350
Tuesday I took some pictures and the costs to see the hoses I'm talking about. have some of the ATV Manual?

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
If you are speaking of a YFP350U Yamaha Terrapro, the PTO is twin belt driven to a gearbox that outputs the PTO. I'll take a look at your pictures when you get them posted here.

facundo88

Tractor
terrapro 350
Hello Here are the pictures. hoses run from the back of the ATV and end at the front, where they are disconnected.

IMG-20140325-00055.jpgIMG-20140325-00056.jpgIMG-20140325-00057.jpgIMG-20140325-00058.jpgIMG-20140325-00059.jpgIMG-20140325-00060.jpg

aczlan

Super Star Member
Tractor
Case 480F LL, Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660
Looks like breather hoses to me.
Me parece que son para premitir que el aire que esta adentro la transmisión, el eje y tal vez otras áreas se expanda cuando se calienten mientras la maquina esta andando.
Si no tuvieron estos mangueras, podría hacer que salia aceite por los sellos cuando el aire se calientaba y hacer que se chupaba aire (o agua si estaba bajo agua) por los sellos cuando se enfriaba.

Aaron Z

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
If you notice the type of clamps that hold these hoses on are non pressure hose clamps. The wire clamps are only meant to hold them in place. As aczlan mentioned they are indeed vent hoses. The problems that arise with these hoses is that they get filled with mud/dirt from use or insects. You can easily crush the ends and shake the dirt out. The first picture is the vent hose on top of the differential that attaches to the right wheel.

I took all the fenders off mine including the fuel tank and went from end to end to check all those lines. Getting back to the differential. There is a hex plug on top to check the oil level in it. Same with the PTO gearbox.

The bike is purely mechanical and does not have any hydraulics other that the rear brake lines. There are no pumps either. -kid

Terrapro88

Tractor
1988 Yamaha Terrapro
I'd like to see some pictures of all this. Post a few here. -kid

Sorry it took so long to get these. Started spring cleaning today and finally moved some stuff from the winter and a remodel project here at the house so I could get some pics.

Attachments

• 1396694274185.jpg
    1396694274185.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 796
  • 1396694375537.jpg
    1396694375537.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 1396694341837.jpg
    1396694341837.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 549
  • 1396694495654.jpg
    1396694495654.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 1,928
  • 1396694597305.jpg
    1396694597305.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 3,307
  • 1396694656124.jpg
    1396694656124.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 539
  • 1396694716093.jpg
    1396694716093.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 1,015
  • 1396694806289.jpg
    1396694806289.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 836
  • 1396694880750.jpg
    1396694880750.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 5,041
  • 20120604_204531.jpg
    20120604_204531.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 554
  • 1396695349539.jpg
    1396695349539.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 472

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
Impressive collection of Terrapro equipment. Some of those implements look barely used. Assuming your location is in Alabama. You obviously don't need a snow blower. Good luck with your restoration which looks only to be cosmetic.

Terrapro88

Tractor
1988 Yamaha Terrapro
Impressive collection of Terrapro equipment. Some of those implements look barely used. Assuming your location is in Alabama. You obviously don't need a snow blower. Good luck with your restoration which looks only to be cosmetic.

Most of the equipment was used very little. The tiller still had plenty of paint on the tines when I got it. The only thing that really needs work is the boom sprayer. I have contacted Broyhill and surprisingly they still had some parts for it.

The pic of the Terrapro torn down is the one I am working on. It had sat for 20+ years and the cylinder had cupped where the piston had sat. It smoked bad even though it was a low hour unit. I had to take it apart have it bored and honed with new piston, rings etc. I have never had anything down this far so I hope I can get it back together and get it going again...

It had also been painted, so I will have to get the body panels back to their original condition. I have new stickers to go on it once the body panels are ready. The racks were painted with rhino lining. Not looking forward to having to get all of that off; may see if they can be sand blasted to get it off.

You are correct, I do not need the snow blower in Alabama...lol. However, I would like to have one just to have one for the collection. I really would like to find the auger post hole digger.

The other Terrapro I have had for 3 years. It runs great. I bought it from a Yamaha dealer. It had been taken care of pretty well. I have taken excellent care of it since we have owned it. Always kept it garaged, pto fluid changed, differential fluid and sub transmission fluid changed every year since we have had it.

Do you know of any belts that will work as the pto drive belts? I have searched and searched and not found anything to match the oem belts, which are expensive. ..

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
You have quite a bit of room if you noticed when the PTO is engaged. If you bought some slightly shorter I believe they would work. I captured this picture somewhere and thought it would be useful one day when I needed at set of PTO belts. I'm finishing up on restoring my FM48. I custom mixed my own paint and matched the ATV almost perfectly. I made my own decals to replace the badly faded ones with a vinyl cutter.

Google the numbers on the pictured belt. I was down your way and purchased some parts from a guy. Part of by cache was a pair of near mint condition PTO belts. I also picked up a rebuildable MIKUNI carb. I recently rebuilt it. I may sell it to re-coop some money I paid for some parts. Bet you bought your decals from a guy on ebay. If so. They are nice. They are printed decals with clear layered over them. I have another set ready for my second Terrapro I'm fixing to start on.

Here's a picture of my first one when I had it skinned down.

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
Here's some leads for belts used by the Terrapro.
PTO
Terrapro engine to PTO (B30) ($10.99) and RC42 bushhog (B51)(16.39) at Napa Auto Parts. Commercial grade.

FM48 and RC42 belts
http://www.baileysonline.com/Landsc...-and-6000-Series-Tractors-Blade-Belt.axd?=CAT

Anyone else that have sucessfully used non Yamaha belts please post a link or what you found.

Sent via Satellite uplink with portable XZQ300 interface

Terrapro88

Tractor
1988 Yamaha Terrapro
Here's some leads for belts used by the Terrapro.
PTO
Terrapro engine to PTO (B30) ($10.99) and RC42 bushhog (B51)(16.39) at Napa Auto Parts. Commercial grade.

FM48 and RC42 belts
1/2" X 120" Oregon V-Belt For Simplicity 42" 5000 And 6000 Series Tractors (Blade Belt) | Miscellaneous | Belts | www.baileysonline.com

Anyone else that have sucessfully used non Yamaha belts please post a link or what you found.

Sent via Satellite uplink with portable XZQ300 interface

Have you used a B30 belt for the engine to PTO? If so is it a cogged or regular V-belt? Has it worked ok so far? Finding the correct width has been the issue I've had finding the PTO belt. I figure a belt not as wide would work though. I've probably hit a dozen places and not found a belt the same as the oem...

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
To be honest, I haven't tried any of those numbers yet. I had spare belts and haven't had to buy one yet. When I see a belt(s) (NOS) on ebay at a fair price I try to buy them.

pcranch

Tractor
Terra Pro
We have one that was purchased about 10 years ago....not in great shape, but we continue to cobble it together to mow our roadside that is on a slight hill. Looking for anyone that has spare parts or know where we can get parts, one of the RC42 mower rear wheels has bit the dust.

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
We have one that was purchased about 10 years ago....not in great shape, but we continue to cobble it together to mow our roadside that is on a slight hill. Looking for anyone that has spare parts or know where we can get parts, one of the RC42 mower rear wheels has bit the dust.
I have an owners manual for a RC42 and described the tires as 9X 3-1/2 -4 Pneumatic tire and wheel. It uses a sleeve that is 1/2 X 3/4 X 3-9/16. tSC has quite a few different sized wheels.there is a bearing that sits atop the wheel yoke that bares the weight of the mower that needs to be greased on a regular basis or the yoke will seize and the wheels will be hard to swivel. Jacking up the rear wheels mount to take the weight off the wheels and raise high enough to slide the yoke out. Remove the cotter pin and a flat washer and the yoke shaft slides out. You can take that whole assembly with you to someplace like a tractor supply, lowes, depot and find a bolt, nylon locking nut and wheel similar in size to the old one. The tires need not be pneumatic and could be hard filled. I slightly wider tire is best to keep from rutting on soft ground.

Sent via Ipad2

facundo88

Tractor
terrapro 350
Hello, I have a TerraPro and wanted to consult for hoses having the governor, where they connected? if I could take some pictures because I maybe missing parts in the air filter. thank you very much greetings.

huslrusl

Tractor
1988 Yamaha Terrapro
I have a Terrapro in good condition with a RC-42 attachment. Purchased new and titled in 1991 although they were all made in 88. Looking for a TC-38 tiller and came across this site and have now decided to fix up the little things and treat this machine as it should now that I've found some friends that can help me with the problems she has. First off the tiller: if anyone knows of one in good condition-as I plan on using it come spring. My girl has been in use every year I've owned her but have moved and looking to start gardening next year and having my Terrapro it only makes sense to find a tiller any help would be appreciated. In the meantime I will start to work on repairs to this gem in the rough and will be back with questions, concerns and updates. I am pleased to have found a community of Terrapro owners that have given me renewed interest in something I have taken for granted

Labadore

Tractor
Yamaha
Just bought two of them. One with finishing mower and the other with mower. Both need carburator repair. Does anyone know what they are worth?

JessCall

Tractor
Ford 9N, Yamaha Terrapro
Bringing this one to life again, as every time I search for Terrapros, this site comes up. I'm brand new, here.
I just discovered these units a few weeks ago, and secured two Terrapros. One is in running condition, and came with the 42" brush hog. The second Terrapro I purchased may become just a parts atv. In searching for the attachment that I really need(RT 38 tiller), it seems that I may not have any luck securing one, even in poor condition.
If I am not able to secure the RT 38, I will be fabricating a tiller to use with the Terrapro.
If anyone has a Terrapro, or attachments, I may be interested in purchasing.
I will post updates here, if I go the route of fabricating my own tiller attachment.
Glad to find so many other Terrapro owners here.
Pictured is the Terrapro that is currently running, along with the "rough" cut 42" mower. 2015-09-19 18.05.17.jpg

Terry Wiley

Tractor
Yamaha Terrapro
I love mine, worked great today, the drag link broke on my john deere mower, so I just used the terrapro to finish mowing. Here is a attached pic, I have taken good care of it.

I just purchased one, 450 hours on it. The elderly couple said his wife mowed around the farm with it for years. I had it out in the mountains one time and it did fine with 2wd. We didn't have it any where too rough. I'm anxious to try the mower. I have a sprayer for it that I don't intend to keep. Sprayer just had the pump rebuilt. Any one can contact me and make an offer for the sprayer. It is currently listed on Ebay.

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
I just purchased one, 450 hours on it. The elderly couple said his wife mowed around the farm with it for years. I had it out in the mountains one time and it did fine with 2wd. We didn't have it any where too rough. I'm anxious to try the mower. I have a sprayer for it that I don't intend to keep. Sprayer just had the pump rebuilt. Any one can contact me and make an offer for the sprayer. It is currently listed on Ebay.

Hello Terry. Just remember the PTO is rated a 10hp which simply means it will not cut down anything bigger than a 1/2. It will do great on saw briars and tall grass and young sapplings. Keep those rear wheels greased to avoid them seizing up and making turns difficult. I've totally restored my RC42 and even made new decals myself with a vinyl cutter. ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1462122602.006671.jpgImageUploadedByTractorByNet1462122657.281860.jpg

brews4me

Tractor
Allis D14
I'd love to get some scans of manuals if possible, does anyone have scans to share??? i will have in a few days a HS6 book that I can try to scan and share.
My Terrapro has the bush hog, tiller and Hydro unit.

Rod Man

Tractor
1988 Yamaha TerraPro
Thanks for the reply. You got a great deal!

I have acquired two each of the FM-48 and RC42 mowers, two were limping.
I'm not interested in the trade.
I expect to purchase another pair of Terrapro's locally and will be keeping the two best 4 wheelers and best FM48 and RC42 mower and the sprayer for use on the farm.
The other two 4 wheelers and mowers will be available in a package deal after they are put into fully operational condition (carb overhauls, and a PTO for one. The first buyer will get choice on the mower they want. Price will be around $2000 for a 4x4 and one mower.

I have a complete PTO drive shaft and ccomponents available for anyone who needs one, and More can be built. It isn't cheap, but $500 got me three rebuilt half shafts and one complete driveline. I can provide the front shaft that goes into the PTO, or the rear half for the mower. Woods no longer makes the half shaft components, and they want $400 for a complete replacement driveline. I'll have prices as soon as I can decipher the billing. Flybrian1950
Looks like no one has posted to this thread in some time. However, does anyone know how to reach Flybrian1950? I have 2 TerraPro's and I am looking for a replacement shaft that connects the quad to the PTO attachments. I read he was having them made up and available for purchase. I am interested. He can reach out to me or if you have one available reach out to me, [email protected].

Terrapro88

Tractor
1988 Yamaha Terrapro
Hello! There is a very active Yamaha Terrapro group on Facebook. If your not on there yet, I would check it out. Lot of good info and guys that can help with stuff like this.

Rod Man

Tractor
1988 Yamaha TerraPro
Thanks for the reply. You got a great deal!

I have acquired two each of the FM-48 and RC42 mowers, two were limping.
I'm not interested in the trade.
I expect to purchase another pair of Terrapro's locally and will be keeping the two best 4 wheelers and best FM48 and RC42 mower and the sprayer for use on the farm.
The other two 4 wheelers and mowers will be available in a package deal after they are put into fully operational condition (carb overhauls, and a PTO for one. The first buyer will get choice on the mower they want. Price will be around $2000 for a 4x4 and one mower.

I have a complete PTO drive shaft and ccomponents available for anyone who needs one, and More can be built. It isn't cheap, but $500 got me three rebuilt half shafts and one complete driveline. I can provide the front shaft that goes into the PTO, or the rear half for the mower. Woods no longer makes the half shaft components, and they want $400 for a complete replacement driveline. I'll have prices as soon as I can decipher the billing. Flybrian1950
Anyone know how to reach Flybrian1950, I am trying to locate a PTO front shaft that connects from the Quad to the PTO attachment for a Terrapro. No sure if he ever got around to getting these built and available to purchase. Not easy reaching him. Thanks.