Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season

/ Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season #1  

Budweiser John

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45D
Seems as there are more predictions of a brutal winter season coming up.
What do you all think?
B. John

/ Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season #2  
Seems as there are more predictions of a brutal winter season coming up.
What do you all think?
B. John
Well I'm glad I finished up on my outside boiler. I talked to a few people and they told me it's going to be bad up here in Northern Wisconsin but at lest I am ready now!.

/ Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season #3  
Well, I think we're due for a hard one here in the Ohio River valley. The past two were pretty mild and the winter before them while cold, wasn't bitterly cold.

I'm stocking up on pellets, just in case, if it's mild, then they'll store until next year. I've already got a goodly supply of firewood

/ Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season
Well I'm glad I finished up on my outside boiler. I talked to a few people and they told me it's going to be bad up here in Northern Wisconsin but at lest I am ready now!.
That is good.
What really got me thinking about the upcoming winter in addition to all the usual pre season banter was a comment made by the president of United Airlines while being interviewed on National Public Radio last week in which he stated United and other domestic airlines are becoming very concerned about potential adverse winter weather patterns and the disruption of airline travel.

We all know it ain't over till the fat lady sings but having nearly 20 cords of dry wood in the shed, a 20K generator, and a 6' snowblower, what the heck, let her rip.....

/ Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season #5  
We have had a hot summer so I expect a cold winter to even it out. We'll see. Ed

/ Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season #6  
We have had a very hot summer here. Lots of 90+ degree days all summer. Many hot days warm the water of Lake Ontario. When the winter season arrives the cold wind blowing across that warm water creates a lot of snow for us in the snow belt east and S.E. of Ontario. Local weather men have predicted a snowier winter this coming season but the weather changes so much here and they have been wrong before. We will have to wait and see. Last season was pretty light for us. When it snows I go out and have tractor time, when it doesn't I have more time on TBN.

/ Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season #7  
Here in central Maine it has been in the 80's this past week. I've had the ac on, even at night. It is a warm fall. No frost is in the forecast until the last week in October.

I don't think the winter will be bad, maybe some snow like last year, but milder temps than has been traditional in the past.
The brutal cold from Canada and north doesn't come down this way anymore during the winter. We get our weather mostly from the south and west now as it heads out to sea.

I'll miss the green, but the winter should not be bad.

/ Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season #8  
We've had a very wet spring/summer up this way. Quite a bit of flooding and roads washed out. If this weather pattern keeps up, we'll be up to our eyeballs in snow this winter.
37 degrees here right now.... fresh outside

/ Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season #9  
here in NYS -- we had a very long hottest summer on record - i expect to have more snow this year due to the lake being warmer and cant freeze over and pick up more moist air for lake effect stuff. i expect to be plowing either more often or more of it. one thing that scares me is that we havent had a real blizzard for over 10 years here. Just where is all this energy going?! as for being colder or how long to be cold is anyones guess right now. we could be either be plowing lots of wet stuff or having mountiains of snow this year.

/ Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on the upcoming 2016-2017 winter season #10  
I predict it will be colder than fall. :D