Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet?

/ Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet? #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hello, Been Looking around and been pricing tractors again. Does anyone have A new Workmaster Cab Tractor yet? I have drove one at the dealer several times but want to hear from someone who has Purchased and is running one. Any Problems Yet? Any Negatives Positives or Anything.......i have owned 2 Workmasters in the past 3 years both had problems but totally different tractors.....

To be fair I am comparing these two tractors and will buy one of them, and both have their positives and negatives.

Workmaster 55 w Cab, an obvious upgrade..but Unknown reliability? as it is new Model. No tier 4 filter to worry about in future...Complete tractor built in Turkey? any opinions on that? And over all kinda scared based on past experience with New Holland. But I am pricing what i think is the best dealer in my area this time and not the cheapest dealer.

Kubota M5660suhd Open station with canopy. Old Dog Reliable....Tier 4 cat filter, possible future high cost of Maintenance when times comes on this filter. Any further comments....on this one welcome....don't see many good or bad's online.

There is $50 difference in the monthly payment between the two making it even harder!

Last edited:
   / Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet? #2  
Two bad experiences and going to buy another?Had a friend purchase a T.75 last year(Turkey built) traded in less than 6 months;lots of little problems.

/ Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet? #3  
Two bad experiences and going to buy another?Had a friend purchase a T.75 last year(Turkey built) traded in less than 6 months;lots of little problems.

Built a half a world away.

/ Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet? #4  
In the last 6 years I have been greatly dissapointed with two brand new New Holland’s with all their troubles and just this last week traded for a Kubota L6060. The New Holland’s were both cabbed....a Boomer 55 and a larger T4.75. The latest repair on the T4.75 was $4900.00 to replace a servo with 250 hours on the tractor. No more New Holland’s for me! I already have two Kubota diesels and have never had one problem with either of them.

/ Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet? #5  
As much as I hate pollution junk to mess up, I'd go for Kubota over a model range that already had 2 models with issues, why get a third?

My understanding is the Kubota motor used to be DPF free as the M5640SU so a"delete" may be possible with off the shelf parts if you ever had an issue.

/ Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet?
As much as I hate pollution junk to mess up, I'd go for Kubota over a model range that already had 2 models with issues, why get a third?

My understanding is the Kubota motor used to be DPF free as the M5640SU so a"delete" may be possible with off the shelf parts if you ever had an issue.

Thanks, It's funny you mention that, I was testing a Kioti NX5510 the other day and asked that dealer about the tier 4 and how that Kioti meets it and he said with a canister but that's not a problem. He then proceeded to tell me how that when the time comes you could remove something out of the inside of the canister. element maybe? and therefore it would never stop up, and never signal a regen again??? I looked at him kind of strange and said to him. is that really all it takes to disable the system and prevent problems? and then in the same question i said why hasn't any other dealer, mechanic, or just plain old farmer figured that one out instead of getting all worked up over the tier 4 canisters..????? I have my doubts about his information.....By the way i liked the Kioti but have the same problem i have had while trying out a LOT of other tractors.....its exteremely light for 55hp cab tractor

/ Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet? #7  
Thanks, It's funny you mention that, I was testing a Kioti NX5510 the other day and asked that dealer about the tier 4 and how that Kioti meets it and he said with a canister but that's not a problem. He then proceeded to tell me how that when the time comes you could remove something out of the inside of the canister. element maybe? and therefore it would never stop up, and never signal a regen again??? I looked at him kind of strange and said to him. is that really all it takes to disable the system and prevent problems? and then in the same question i said why hasn't any other dealer, mechanic, or just plain old farmer figured that one out instead of getting all worked up over the tier 4 canisters..????? I have my doubts about his information.....By the way i liked the Kioti but have the same problem i have had while trying out a LOT of other tractors.....its exteremely light for 55hp cab tractor

Tractors in general are lighter now anyways, part of the compact part, most people don't do tillage now, but people have been added weight to tractors since they were invented :)

I think there might be something on the books in some places about altering pollution equipment, but I can not cite any example of someone with a farm tractor getting into an issue with it.

/ Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet? #8  
I remember an episode of "Jay Leno's Garage", he was driving the latest Quadtrac. According to the Case rep in the video the entire tier IV system lived in the canister at the base of the stack and could be removed very easily if you were in a place that didn't have emissions requirements.

So it's not impossible that Kioti could have rigged something similar.

/ Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet? #9  
Hello, Been Looking around and been pricing tractors again. Does anyone have A new Workmaster Cab Tractor yet? I have drove one at the dealer several times but want to hear from someone who has Purchased and is running one. Any Problems Yet? Any Negatives Positives or Anything.......i have owned 2 Workmasters in the past 3 years both had problems but totally different tractors.....

To be fair I am comparing these two tractors and will buy one of them, and both have their positives and negatives.

Workmaster 55 w Cab, an obvious upgrade..but Unknown reliability? as it is new Model. No tier 4 filter to worry about in future...Complete tractor built in Turkey? any opinions on that? And over all kinda scared based on past experience with New Holland. But I am pricing what i think is the best dealer in my area this time and not the cheapest dealer.

Kubota M5660suhd Open station with canopy. Old Dog Reliable....Tier 4 cat filter, possible future high cost of Maintenance when times comes on this filter. Any further comments....on this one welcome....don't see many good or bad's online.

There is $50 difference in the monthly payment between the two making it even harder!
Take a look at a Massey Ferguson 1700 series as well. No DPF filter. Very nice machines.

Massey Ferguson | 17M Series Compact Tractor

/ Anyone have one of the NEW, New Holland Workmaster cab Tractors?? Any Problems yet? #10  

How that would work depends on the sensors they use with the system. I don't believe the Kioti system is very complicated. The Branson system is completely passive so there are no electronics involved. You could straight pipe it and it wouldn't screw up a thing.

You almost have to step up to a 65-75 hp tractor to get the same weight you are used to.