Anyone having issues with delivery on metal carports?

/ Anyone having issues with delivery on metal carports? #1  

hkbirdman

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota L-47 TLB
Just wondering - is anyone having problems with metal carport deliveries? I ordered a metal carport from T-N-T Carports in Mt. Airy, NC thru my local dealer. It was ordered in Jan. 21 and local dealer advised delivery in May, 21. I started calling(and leaving messages) at the mfg. plant in Mt. Airy in July, Aug, Sept. and now Oct. and thru today, have not spoken to a live person yet. I know steel prices have gone up since the date of my order - and I am wondering if they hope I will just get discouraged and refund my 10% deposit. Anyone experiencing a similar situation ?

/ Anyone having issues with delivery on metal carports? #2  
I ordered my 28x36 last september , I was installed this past march. I do love the garage.

/ Anyone having issues with delivery on metal carports? #3  
Delivery on metal anything is a problem nowadays.

I got lucky on my timing for a metal building. I bought early in 2020 and had it completed in 6 weeks.

Tried to buy a new garage door this year and got nothing but run around. Gave up and fixed my existing door.

/ Anyone having issues with delivery on metal carports? #4  
I ordered a 12x21 carport from Viking steel buildings in June this year. Salesman took my deposit and said someone would contact me soon. I received an electronic contract to fill out and return, I did and received a copy and confirmation of said contract, this was from TOL buildings in Youngstown, Ohio. At the end of July I received a call asking if I could send site pictures of where the carport would be installed, I sent them via my cell phone and received a text that the pictures were received. Via text I asked when I might see the carport, reply was that I should get a call in 4 to 6 weeks. After no call received, I called them but no one answered their phone. I sent an email and received an answer that said carport was in the process of getting scheduled. 4 weeks have gone by and Last Friday I sent an email inquiring as to if it was scheduled yet, received an email stating their scheduling department has my order on a potential run. When they have further details they will reach out to me. Have not heard anything more, seems like getting a carport or metal building is difficult to say the least. They have no problem taking your order and your deposit. I searched for feedback on many metal building companies, that sell carports, the feedback reports were poor to bad, 1 or 2 stars out of possible 5. Also wanted to add that the price was aprox $500 more than pre-pandemic price.

Last edited:
   / Anyone having issues with delivery on metal carports? #5  
I went with cardinal carports and other than a long wait the experience was pretty good , I was able to reach my salesman on the phone any time, And when they gave me a time frame they were there. The 2 installers did not speak english but they were fun to watch and did a great job. I have looked up my garage lately and it has gone up about 3K

/ Anyone having issues with delivery on metal carports? #6  
I am kicking myself for not ordering a metal carport 2 years ago. Pre-Pandemic a 18x21 carport of the simplest design was $795+tax in my area. That is for pick up and self install. They are now $1295. I am just going to have to wait to see if they come back down. If not I will probably go the steel truss/wood route. From the stories in this post looks like a price hike is just the beginning of the issues.