Anyone interested in a Group Buy of equipment with Alibaba?

TerraV

Tractor
Kubota Bx
Hello, I have imported several smaller items from Alibaba over the last few years and I have concluded that the shipping and fees are the killer-particularly if I don‘t fill a shipping container . I would like to get a skid steer and am curious if anyone else wants equipment from Alibaba that we could ship from the same port (Shandong). I live in Tucson, Az so it would be best if you are close by here as well. Thoughts?

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
I would be scared of the return price if something goes wrong with it.

willy
What return price??

"Factory Acceptable" is often how it's done.

And you definitely don't want to take delivery in Kaliforny. Ship it directly to -- Wherever. Anywhere else.

I am absolutely not an expert, was just around some people that did some direct-buying quite a few years ago. You don't wanna know. It can be worthwhile many times.

But for one Container.....??? Let us know how it works out.

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
I guess you have never tied to order PIZZA for more than ONE person. Just sayin.

You would be better off to just buy a bunch of stuff, mark it up and make yourself some money.

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
I wouldn’t purchase any equipment made in China Anymore. Not with what’s going on with them. Good luck getting warranty work done.

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
I wouldn’t purchase any equipment made in China Anymore. Not with what’s going on with them. Good luck getting warranty work done.

No such thing. Factory Acceptable.

And that leads to a big problem..... Some of the stuff is gonna come in less than good. And who gets the junk?

Nothing wrong with Direct Buying as long as you understand what you're getting into

shooterdon

Elite Member
Near Johannesburg MI but in the middle of nowhere
Tractor
2019 LS XR4140 HST Cab; 2020 Kawasaki Mule SX; 2021 Bad Boy 54" ZT Elite
I would be leery of something with an engine or lots of mechanical bits. Something like pallet forks, scraper blades, rakes, land graders etc are less risky and less likely to need support.

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
I would be leery of something with an engine or lots of mechanical bits. Something like pallet forks, scraper blades, rakes, land graders etc are less risky and less likely to need support.
I would not touch the OP's shipping/delivery concept with a ten foot pole!

PILOON

Super Star Member
Tractor
MT180D
With major equipment, engine powered that is, I'd be very concerned with compliance issues, mainly if in California.
Might prove to be fairly costly to comply.

radeus

Tractor
none
I may be replying about a year too late... Did you ever do the other? I'm in Colorado and I might be interested in joining your order if you're still considering it.