Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts?

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #21  
Absolutely can’t stand them..the double lanes are the worst.

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #22  
Make no sense to me. Supposed to make traffic flow better but actually make everybody slow down and look all around like they are lost.

MoKelly

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #24  
I think the biggest problem is people no longer respect the concept of a stop sign. So a 4 way stop with an low island in the middle seams to be a better alternative. That is, to stop people from running the stop signs. And I hope some one comes up with a way to enforce "Right on Red" laws. Somehow the "after coming to a full stop" part has gotten lost.

I like the concept of traffic circles but the implementation stinks in most of them here in Fl. The diameter on most is to small to allow for a truck and trailer of any size to fit. And the multi-lane ones are to small to allow the move over to the inside lane and then get back to exit.
Somehow "Such turning traffic shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully within an adjacent crosswalk and to other traffic using the intersection" has also gotten lost.

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #25  
Yes. I drive a roundabout twice daily. There's a jogging walking biking path that crosses at the roundabout. State law says you stop for pedestrians. I do. Horns blare.

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #26  
Looking at some of the above roundabouts, they sure don't make an easy way for pedesterans(sp?) to cross the street any more. Or for cyclists to flow through a roundabout. Jon

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #27  
Moss said......Yes. I drive a roundabout twice daily. There's a jogging walking biking path that crosses at the roundabout. State law says you stop for pedestrians. I do. Horns blare.

So do walkers go to the center then out the direction they want? Jon

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #29  
We have a bunch of roundabouts here and they work fine once people learn how to. No big t-bones...just fender benders. I have yet to see an accident in one here though. A half filled liquid semi flipped over in one though. We will be getting a new diverging diamond intersection soon and they work nice.

Diverging diamond interchange - Wikipedia

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts?
Just had an accident near here.

"A Washougal man was killed and a Vancouver man was injured Wednesday in a head-on collision at the roundabout on state Highway 14 at Washougal River Road."

One of the drivers went the wrong way in the roundabout.

Bruce