Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models?

/ Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models? #1  

4tillingdirt

Silver Member
Tractor
N/A
One thing I have noticed that saves LS a few pennies is that NH has valve stem guards on their wheels while LS does not.

/ Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models? #2  
Boomer costs more than LS (way more than a few pennies). My LS came with 3 pt draft control the boomer I looked at did not. Other than price and a couple standard features on LS that are not on the Boomer they are basically the same. Valve stem guards would have been nice but I haven't busted any of my stems off yet after 5 years.

/ Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models? #3  
The tractors are pretty much the same. The most obvious difference is the loader, subframe and paint color.

What you are paying for is dealer network, service, and parts availability.

For example, buy an LS from Mike's Landscaping and LS tractors or buy it from CNH.

Another example, I can buy parts from my local LS dealership and get parts in 7-10 days plus I have to pay shipping costs to the dealership. If I buy from CNH I get the parts in 2-3 days and I'm not charged shipping.

/ Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models? #4  
The tractors are pretty much the same. The most obvious difference is the loader, subframe and paint color.

For example, buy an LS from Mike's Landscaping and LS tractors or buy it from CNH.

Another example, I can buy parts from my local LS dealership and get parts in 7-10 days plus I have to pay shipping costs to the dealership. If I buy from CNH I get the parts in 2-3 days and I'm not charged shipping.

Wow, I get my LS parts drop shipped directly from LS in N. Carolina, even though I order from my dealer in S. Texas. I went about an hour away to a New Holland dealer for filters one time.... they cost me twice as much... just sayin

/ Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models?

What is the difference in the subframe?

/ Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models? #6  
My 2018 Boomer 40 had mid-mount pto standard, comparable LS it was dealer installed option at extra cost. New Holland Boomer Guard warranty was more specific in seal and gasket coverage than LS was at the time.

/ Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models? #7  
   / Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models? #8  
What is the difference in the subframe?
Here are a couple pictures. View attachment 654599 IMG_20200509_111645.jpgIMG_20200509_111636.jpg

/ Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models? #9  
My 2018 Boomer 40 had mid-mount pto standard, comparable LS it was dealer installed option at extra cost. New Holland Boomer Guard warranty was more specific in seal and gasket coverage than LS was at the time.

Mid mount PTO is an option on the NH Boomers, it is not standard and you can get a machine without it. It is however included in many of the stock configurations that are discounted a certain set of options are ordered as a specific group vs. simply ordering options individually.

The loader on the Boomers is not made by LS and it is a stronger unit than LS sells. They are made by Alo under contract and even though Alo makes aftermarket loaders (Quicke brand), they don't sell the curved-boom Boomer loaders as an aftermarket part. You would have to buy that specific loader from CNH if you wanted it on an LS XR. There are aftermarket loaders and also backhoes for these tractors, my family has a Boomer 50 (LS XR4047) with a Bush Hog brand subframe mount backhoe.

Body parts are also technically specific to CNH as their New Holland division sells the LS XR in a medium blue and a grille that looks like other New Holland products and their CaseIH division sells the LS XR in red and a grille that looks like other CaseIH products. Neither one is the same as an LS XR.

/ Anyone notice differences between the NH Boomer and the LS XR models? #10  
My Boomer 50 with a cab has the mid mount PTO but was in fact without the draft control (I added that later for around $250).