Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab?

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #1  

IndyIan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST
Since the "Anyone regret buying a cab tractor?" thread turned into a cab love-fest, I thought I would re-phrase the question.
Given most of us has some sort of tractor budget limit, will anyone admit to buying a smaller cabbed tractor and now wish they got a bigger open station tractor?
For the price of a DK40 I don't even think you can buy a new factory cabbed tractor of any size so I didn't even have the debate with myself as 2.5-3 tons was as small a tractor as I wanted.
In my usage so far, if I had another $5-8k to spend it would've been for a bigger open station tractor, or perhaps adding a backhoe to the DK, or a grapple plus a few more implements.
Anyone's experience might help someone with a fixed budget decide what to do with their tractor dollars?

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #2  
I bought a larger open station tractor instead of a smaller cab tractor. No regrets.

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #3  
Purchase open seat because of the woods,will admit theres been times wish I had cab during winter.

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #4  
Na, i just bought the larger cabbed tractor. I would have even went with a larger one if one was available near me.

The cab is worth every penny. i personally didnt care what it cost

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #5  
i went larger just to get the cab. I cant see where anyone would go to a smaller tractor than needed to get a cab. It would just cost the individual too much in more ways than one in the end. Eh, i guess anything is possible

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab?
i went larger just to get the cab. I cant see where anyone would go to a smaller tractor than needed to get a cab. It would just cost the individual too much in more ways than one in the end. Eh, i guess anything is possible
I guess if someone has to have a cab and has a fixed tractor budget, then there is always the used market. Personally I didn't want the complexity of a HVAC system, plus the extra cost of removing or working around a cab if my tractor needed major work. But maybe its less of a problem than I think?

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #7  
A cab on my BX would make it look like an outhouse with an engine.

Bruce

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #8  
I could have bought a larger tractor without a cab for my budget, but a big use for my tractor is blowing snow. There have been a few times when I wished my tractor were a bit larger, but those are minimal compared to the times I enjoy a heated cab snowblowing in a below zero windchill. If you are trying to decide which way to go I think it really depends on what you use it for the most.

As far as maintenance goes I don't see any difference with the cab. I can't think of anything on my Kubota that would be harder to service with the cab than on the model without it.

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #9  
I have heard all kinds of reasons (excuses) such as having to open and close the door, branches that break the cab glass (the same ones that could rip your face off) but the complexity of the hvac is a new one.

It is easy to understand that everyone has a budget and family needs come first but I would buy the proper size machine and a cab would be optional. That said I don't think I will be buying a cab for my lawn mower anytime soon.

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #10  
I got an open tractor as a reminder that when I'm soaking wet, freezing cold, mosquito biten, that it's actually time to turn the lights off and go inside to get some sleep.:D