Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab?

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #11  
Our New Holland TC55DA does not have a cab due to working in the woods and the backhoe. The vision on all sides is more important and the ease of switching seats. The JD 4110 will get a cab someday as it is the chief snow removal machine. The Kubota RTV has cab, heat and a/c. Its aweful hard to get used to these features .... but I am trying. It also keeps the dog from jumping out at critters. The Jeep Wrangler also has a hard cab. Great for not getting swatted by low tree branches on the woods trail.
One never gets too much HP but tractor size and maneuverability play a large part. The 55 HP will do all I have in mind for now.

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #12  
In my case, I started with a budget and got the largest tractor with a cab that my budget allowed which was the LS P7010C. I like the power and for sure the cab but the tractor is just too big to do some things, so I fall back to my open station Yanmar for finessing dirt work. Now that I have closed the deal on a B26 TLB open station, I think I can put my Yannie on the market as the 7010 and B26 with back hoe will do everything I ever need to do. Do I wish I had a larger tractor without a cab, He11 no, never. If I want a smaller with a cab, I can borrow my brother in law's NH 2030 which is plenty large for most task. Mine Monster usually comes to play when we need to move large boulders or move a lot of dirt which is does well with its lift capacity and bucket at least twice as large as the NH and thrice the Yanmar.

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab?
I have heard all kinds of reasons (excuses) such as having to open and close the door, branches that break the cab glass (the same ones that could rip your face off) but the complexity of the hvac is a new one.

Well repairing an AC system if/when it fails after your warranty... I guess I figure my 150-200hrs a year isn't enough usage to make me enjoy paying that bill when it comes. If I was spending 100's of hours on a tractor in the field or doing snow commercially then I would have a cab too.

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #14  
Well repairing an AC system if/when it fails after your warranty... I guess I figure my 150-200hrs a year isn't enough usage to make me enjoy paying that bill when it comes. If I was spending 100's of hours on a tractor in the field or doing snow commercially then I would have a cab too.

I guess it depends where you live, I see your locale is running highs of 47 to 50F through the weekend. Lots of areas in the southern US are in the 80 to 90F this weekend, so alot depends on your weather and temperatures.

Really though most of the modern hvac systems are pretty bulletproof, keep them clean and they are dependable.

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #15  
I got an open tractor as a reminder that when I'm soaking wet, freezing cold, mosquito biten, that it's actually time to turn the lights off and go inside to get some sleep.:D

Spoken like a true tractor fanatic!

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #16  
Very tough for me. I bought an open station tractor with bh instead buying a tractor with a cab. Later I added a Kioti almost "factory" cab because I missed having a cab and was thinking about the upcoming winter. Right now I really regret not buying the bigger DK series Kioti with the KL401 loader that has more than double the lift capacity but in the winter, I didn't regret a thing. At times I think I never should have spent the money on the bh and bought a tractor with a factory cab from the start.

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #17  
Purchase open seat because of the woods,will admit theres been times wish I had cab during winter.

Times? I wish I had a cab ALL winter.

JayC

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab?
Times? I wish I had a cab ALL winter.

JayC
You could get some winter wear. A $100 down-filled jacket, $120 -100F boots, some snow pants, polypropylene underwear, neck warmer, cheap ski googles and a toque and I was plowing this winter in -15C and a nice 20mph wind and was pretty close to sweating just sitting there... Really any colder than that and I didn't want to start the tractor for the tractor's sake. I don't have a way to plug it in where I parked it this winter.
I guess if you are working in the woods its tough to dress for sawing and then sitting on the tractor pulling a load if you've got a long draw. Probably then I'd just leave an extra jacket on the tractor but a warm cab would be nicer for sure.

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #19  
You could get some winter wear. A $100 down-filled jacket, $120 -100F boots, some snow pants, polypropylene underwear, neck warmer, cheap ski googles and a toque and I was plowing this winter in -15C and a nice 20mph wind and was pretty close to sweating just sitting there... Really any colder than that and I didn't want to start the tractor for the tractor's sake. I don't have a way to plug it in where I parked it this winter.
I guess if you are working in the woods its tough to dress for sawing and then sitting on the tractor pulling a load if you've got a long draw. Probably then I'd just leave an extra jacket on the tractor but a warm cab would be nicer for sure.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: You Southern Canadians kill me!! -15C is just a risk of frost around here! Any weather's fine if you dress for it, but when it's -30C with a 50 KM/H wind giving a windchill of -45C, I'm happy in my pajamas sipping a coffee getting a little seat time on a Saturday morning! OK, now bring on the Winnipegers to laugh at me :laughing:

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #20  
I guess it depends where you live, I see your locale is running highs of 47 to 50F through the weekend. Lots of areas in the southern US are in the 80 to 90F this weekend, so alot depends on your weather and temperatures.

Good point.

Even here in northern N.H. the brutally cold weather is rarely accompanied by snow...it's usually in the teens or 20s when we get snow, and I'm fine in that weather with just warm clothes. Summers here rarely get above 85 or so...if it's hotter than that, there's nothing that can't be put off until it cools off. If I lived in the south I might think otherwise. Besides, half the fun of seat time is being out in the fresh air.