Anyone That Knows New Holland Haybines

/ Anyone That Knows New Holland Haybines #1  
Tractor
Kubota MX5800
I have a New Holland 474 Haybine that I use to cut hay every year and it is in great shape. I am in the process of trying to replace the reel drive chain because it no longer has anymore adjustment due to being stretched. While I am doing this I was going to replace the white plastic idler (part # 770940) that is used for the adjustment of the chain and I am being told it is no longer available. Now, I actually located one at a nearby dealer but it is his last one. Wow, this just blows my mind. I believe this plastic idler was used on other popular models like the 489. I mean out of all the things that you can get for these machines, you can no longer get what I would classify as a wear part.

Anyways, for anyone with a decent background with these machines, from what I have understood from research the earlier years of these haybines used a metal sprocket for the idler and the later years used the plastic nylon idler like I have. Having said this, it appears that the metal sprocket is still available. My question is can I just convert to the metal sprocket in the future if I ever need to? Does it use the same bolt and hardware that the plastic one uses? Thanks

Examples

Plastic Idler.PNG

Metal Sprocket.PNG

/ Anyone That Knows New Holland Haybines #2  
These are just generic parts. In fact just an approximate size will do the job because the idler has lots of travel. Parts from TSC or Rural King in my neck of the woods. Even a JD dealer would have it.

That being said, the ONLY spec you must meet is the tooth spacing. The teeth must mesh with the chain 'number'. Chains are labeled as 40, 50, 60, etc. So have at it!