Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #1  

747driver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
Looking at getting some form of ultrasonic pest control for the pole barn and woodshop. Do these things really work and has anybody had success with them ??

Thanks

Chuck

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #3  
Bought one for sister in laws attic squirrels. Can’t say for certain but no more squirrels for last 3 years

Have some mice in my barn and got rid of a just-starting nest near my 3510’s radiator so bought another ultrasonic to try to stay ahead of them there. After one week the light is out and appears to have failed

Biggest negative is that as an ultrasonic you have no clue if they are working or not. A light? Sure I can make a light come on without anything from the ultrasonic sound generator so you are trusting that the thing is “on” or not. In the end I will return my unit for another and assume it is on when the light is on, and hope for the best (and still set traps!)

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #4  
We bought our house and there were perhaps ten of them various places around the house, attic, and in the crawl space.

I have two left; I can't say that I think that they do anything. Around here, I have only seen reductions in the numbers of mice and rats when I have upped my game in sealing smaller holes around the perimeter of the house, under cabinets, and around pipes. 3/16" and up is an open door for a mouse.

I will admit that I find the Victor units not entirely silent, and therefore annoying. If you can't hear them, you won't know when they die- the red "idiot" light stays on.

I have had two fail by melting/letting the magic smoke out. I think that this is a reminder to me to pull the remaining ones out of a fire hazard concern.

I am with @cqaigy2, skip the middleman and send the money directly to him.

So, no, I wouldn't recommend them.

All the best,

Peter

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #5  
I have a car parked in the garage, that seems to be a magnet for mice. After trying traps, poison, pepperment and other essential oils, I tried the ultrasound device.

It had no effect on the mice.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #6  
I had one of those working down in my shed. I unplugged it because I got tired of cleaning the mouse turd off it.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #7  
I prefer either a 17 HMR or a 22-250. Presently it's the .17, I'm laying for a coon in the barn.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #8  
I have a car parked in the garage, that seems to be a magnet for mice. After trying traps, poison, pepperment and other essential oils, I tried the ultrasound device.

It had no effect on the mice.
Tell everyone, the best deterrent for mice is a cat. Never a mouse issue here plus the eat the body so no corpse to dispose of.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #9  
Tell everyone, the best deterrent for mice is a cat. Never a mouse issue here plus the eat the body so no corpse to dispose of.

err.... not always.

Our cat loved to bring live mice indoors....let them go so he could taunt them. He'd finally kill them and maybe eat half of them leaving the other half so we could see the trophy.

(he's got a flapper door in the window so he can come/go as he pleases)

Not once, but TWICE I walked into the basement bathroom (finished with full shower). One of the times, he was standing by the full length glass door (which was open) and inside the shower was a live rabbit that he dragged into there. The poor rabbit was literally bouncing off the walls trying to escape. Meanwhile, the cat was at the door watching. The rabbit was bleeding and the shower walls (at rabbit height) were covered in blood. Looked like Helter Skelter in there, rabbit style.

The NEXT time..... I was walking into bathroom....he's sitting on floor in front of me with his back turned to me. As I walk in, he turns around (think Reagan in Exorcist) and has blood on his face.... in front of him is a decapitated rabbit body. Head is totally missing and the cat is eating the shoulder meat.

He has since lost ALL four of his canine teeth and can't hunt very well. Not a mouse (nor rabbit) in the house since then AND he's probably not gone outside but 6-10 times over the last 4 years (since teeth pulled). Oh, one of his canine was falling out, took to vet who took them all. We didn't just decide to pull his teeth.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #10  
What do you use to get rid of the cat?
I bought this property with no mice but tons of feral cats. Yes, ladt living here before was a "cat lady"
I have taken about 40 to the pound so far.....