Anyone using a quick hitch on an MX?

/ Anyone using a quick hitch on an MX? #1  

motownbrowne

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota mx4700 HST, New Holland TC-29D
Okay, here's why I ask: I change implements all the darned time. During the growing season there's days when i swap implements 6 times a day. Having a second tractor helps, but doesn't solve the problem. Not all of my implements are quick hitch compatible, so I can't use one myself, but here's what I'm looking for.

I'm wondering if there's someone out there with an MX that has telescoping three point arms and who leaves their quick hitch on all the time. Someone who never uses the telescoping feature of their lift arms. Someone who maybe, just maybe would be willing to trade for my non-telescoping three point arms....

I would, of course, pay all the shipping and be willing to additionally compensate the blessed soul who would entertain the idea of swapping.

If there's anyone out there who might be inclined to help me out, please get in touch.

Thanks a million,
Ryan

Last edited:
   / Anyone using a quick hitch on an MX? #2  
Personally I retrofit any impliment to be QH compatible promptly if I get one that isn't. Can usually cut & weld up the fame enough to fit the QH in an evening or 2.

/ Anyone using a quick hitch on an MX? #3  
Do a thorough search here, I thought I've read of several DIY conversions/adaptations from other Kubotas. I bought a "kit" for my B7610 to convert to telescoping, but have to take my BH subframe off to install it and even then it might not work with my BH.

/ Anyone using a quick hitch on an MX? #4  
Okay, here's why I ask: I change implements all the darned time. During the growing season there's days when i swap implements 6 times a day. Having a second tractor helps, but doesn't solve the problem. Not all of my implements are quick hitch compatible, so I can't use one myself, but here's what I'm looking for.

I'm wondering if there's someone out there with an MX that has telescoping three point arms and who leaves their quick hitch on all the time. Someone who never uses the telescoping feature of their lift arms. Someone who maybe, just maybe would be willing to trade for my non-telescoping three point arms....

I would, of course, pay all the shipping and be willing to additionally compensate the blessed soul who would entertain the idea of swapping.

If there's anyone out there who might be inclined to help me out, please get in touch.

Thanks a million,
Ryan

I also have a few implements that aren't QH compatible. I bought a set of Pats for my old L3430 which made swapping a bit easier. You still have to get off the tractor to hook up the top link but it saves the effort of lining up the 3 pt arm pins. I bought a set of Pats for my MX5800 but haven't installed them yet. So far, the telescoping arms are working out fairly well. I can see why you would want them. I realize this doesn't help you out at the moment but If I decide to go with the Pats, I'll contact you.

/ Anyone using a quick hitch on an MX?
I also have a few implements that aren't QH compatible. I bought a set of Pats for my old L3430 which made swapping a bit easier. You still have to get off the tractor to hook up the top link but it saves the effort of lining up the 3 pt arm pins. I bought a set of Pats for my MX5800 but haven't installed them yet. So far, the telescoping arms are working out fairly well. I can see why you would want them. I realize this doesn't help you out at the moment but If I decide to go with the Pats, I'll contact you.

That would be awesome!! I appreciate you chiming in. I've thought about the Pat's, but I'd have to get the weld on ones because I don't want my implements further out from the tractor.

Part of my issue is that I have about a dozen three point attachments and I use most of them both tractors. When they are on my New Holland, the PTO shafts are almost too long to fit, and on the Kubota are almost not long enough. Also, we grow veggies in raised beds that curve to follow a hillside. Any extra distance between the tractor and the implement make it harder to keep things where they need to be.

Anyway, thanks for considering it. It gives me hope that someone will be interested in the switch.

/ Anyone using a quick hitch on an MX? #6  
That would be awesome!! I appreciate you chiming in. I've thought about the Pat's, but I'd have to get the weld on ones because I don't want my implements further out from the tractor.

Part of my issue is that I have about a dozen three point attachments and I use most of them both tractors. When they are on my New Holland, the PTO shafts are almost too long to fit, and on the Kubota are almost not long enough. Also, we grow veggies in raised beds that curve to follow a hillside. Any extra distance between the tractor and the implement make it harder to keep things where they need to be.

Anyway, thanks for considering it. It gives me hope that someone will be interested in the switch.
I sure would like to see some pics of your place do you have a thread going with some action shots of your farming?

/ Anyone using a quick hitch on an MX? #7  

I had the same issue with the L3430. The bolt on Pats add about 4" to the 3 pt arm length and I had to make some modifications to a few implements. I also had to get a longer top link cylinder for my top & tilt kit. That's one of the reasons I haven't put them on the MX. Its surprising how much lift capacity you loose with just that 4" extension.

That brings up another point. The cat 2 three point arms on the MX5800 measure 30" center to center. Are they the same length as your MX4700?

I sure would like to see some pics of your place do you have a thread going with some action shots of your farming?

Thanks for your interest. I don't have a picture thread of my operation. I suppose starting one would be a good idea. I have enjoyed the pictures you and other farming members put up. What do you think, should I do a random retrospective now, or do one the 2017 season as it unfolds?

Here's one shot that shows our general production area:

rps20170122_153702.jpg
You can see the curve in the field. The block closest to us is in cover crop. We do three years of veggie production and two years of cover crop in a five year rotation.

We grow veggies for the wholesale market on about an acre and a half. We also have a 30x96 and a 14x88 high tunnel, which you can see in the picture. It's a small scale operation on a curved hill side, which is challenging, but we keep our costs low and have a very loyal customer base. My dad started this operation in 1975, so we have a good relationship with several buyers. My wife and I both do a little side work, but the farm is our main income source.

It's a lot of work, but it's fun too. We will do our first seeding in the greenhouse in less than a month. We'll pick our first planting of spinach in mid April, and we sell carrots, leeks, tomatoes and peppers into December. We grow about 25 different crops and do about 100 total plantings.

Looking through my phone, I realize that my wife is the primary farm photographer (my pictures seem to be of tractors, chainsaws, cars, and firewood). I think there's a pretty good selection on our Facebook page, though. We're under Rising Sun Farm (not the one that raises Bengal cats).

/ Anyone using a quick hitch on an MX? #9  
Thanks for your interest. I don't have a picture thread of my operation. I suppose starting one would be a good idea. I have enjoyed the pictures you and other farming members put up. What do you think, should I do a random retrospective now, or do one the 2017 season as it unfolds?

Here's one shot that shows our general production area:View attachment 496099

We grow veggies for the wholesale market on about an acre and a half. We also have a 30x96 and a 14x88 high tunnel, which you can see in the picture. It's a small scale operation on a curved hill side, which is challenging, but we keep our costs low and have a very loyal customer base. My dad started this operation in 1975, so we have a good relationship with several buyers. My wife and I both do a little side work, but the farm is our main income source.

It's a lot of work, but it's fun too. We will do our first seeding in the greenhouse in less than a month. We'll pick our first planting of spinach in mid April, and we sell carrots, leeks, tomatoes and peppers into December. We grow about 25 different crops and do about 100 total plantings.

Looking through my phone, I realize that my wife is the primary farm photographer (my pictures seem to be of tractors, chainsaws, cars, and firewood). I think there's a pretty good selection on our Facebook page, though. We're under Rising Sun Farm (not the one that raises Bengal cats).
I'm happy either way I just enjoy seeing how everybody does things differently. How many acres do you own/work?

I had the same issue with the L3430. The bolt on Pats add about 4" to the 3 pt arm length and I had to make some modifications to a few implements. I also had to get a longer top link cylinder for my top & tilt kit. That's one of the reasons I haven't put them on the MX. Its surprising how much lift capacity you loose with just that 4" extension.

That brings up another point. The cat 2 three point arms on the MX5800 measure 30" center to center. Are they the same length as your MX4700?

I'll have to check. I assumed it was the same. When you say center to center, you are talking about the length of the three point arm measured from the center of the balls, right?