Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket?

/ Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket? #1  

DerpDerp

Tractor
Kioti NX5510
Looking for anyone's input on using one of these for snow. I did some searching and found some posts, but looking for some more feedback.

I've been debating between a 7-8' pusher or a 8' or so snow bucket myself, it would be great to hear some experience with these.

(The main reason I'm thinking a snow bucket over a pusher is the major drifts we get off of our buildings can be multiple feet high and a back drag on a pusher isnt going to help much unless its completely closed off on the top. To me a completely enclosed top pusher seems a bit counter intuitive as I know the idea is the pusher will allow snow to stack up above the height of the pusher itself. But I could be thinking about this wrong? And If it matters, It will be going on a NX5510 w/ loaded R14 tires, no other rear ballast yet, but I can add. )

Last edited:
   / Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket? #2  
Can you take passes along side the buildings? The nice thing about pusher over the bucket is the pusher will have less spillage.

/ Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket?
Can you take passes along side the buildings? The nice thing about pusher over the bucket is the pusher will have less spillage.
Yes along some of them, but not everywhere

/ Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket? #4  
I have the same situation with snow off the roof. For me it always seems to compact itself beyond the nice fluffy pile that I had imagined.
I'll use my pusher making long parallel smaller cuts until it becomes very deep. (3-4')
I usually finish by back dragging (regular bucket) the remainder out to a point a where I can carry it off to it's final destination with the pusher that holds an incredible amount of snow.
So my suggestion is go with a pusher. I think in the long run it's just a much better overall snow mover.

/ Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket? #5  
I needed a bucket because I would run out of room with a plow or pusher. I made my own bucket for a GC2610. 50% wider and 25% higher. Turned out to be exactly the right size as any larger and my tractor wouldn't be able to lift a full heavy load. It cut my plow time by 50%

I have the same situation with snow off the roof. For me it always seems to compact itself beyond the nice fluffy pile that I had imagined.
I'll use my pusher making long parallel smaller cuts until it becomes very deep. (3-4')
I usually finish by back dragging (regular bucket) the remainder out to a point a where I can carry it off to it's final destination with the pusher that holds an incredible amount of snow.
So my suggestion is go with a pusher. I think in the long run it's just a much better overall snow mover.
Haha yep same here. How big is your pusher? I'm a little lost on what width / height would be appropriate.

I needed a bucket because I would run out of room with a plow or pusher. I made my own bucket for a GC2610. 50% wider and 25% higher. Turned out to be exactly the right size as any larger and my tractor wouldn't be able to lift a full heavy load. It cut my plow time by 50%
Nice, once it fills up does it push snow ahead of it pretty good still?

If I went snow bucket, does anyone have any thoughts as to size of snow bucket for my model? Was thinking of 96" or 84"? Not sure how big is "too big" though.

/ Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket? #8  
Couple things to think about:
- A pusher or plow will have some method of softening an impact (ie curb, frost heave, etc). Buckets can catch an edge and do damage to the loader, object or both. I peeled up some asphalt on my driveway by accident the first year I had the tractor.
- Defiantly consider a weight box with any loader attached tool. Helps with front axle stresses, but also balances traction. I like my rake on for scarifying hard-pack, pushing banks back, and as ballast, but still want more weight.
- If you have situations where you need to scoop snow to remove it and stack it elsewhere, the snow bucket is priceless though. Your standard general purpose bucket would feel like a teaspoon.

/ Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket? #9  
Haha yep same here. How big is your pusher? I'm a little lost on what width / height would be appropriate.

Nice, once it fills up does it push snow ahead of it pretty good still?
I wouldn't go more than about 20" or so wider than the tractor for the heavy roof drop snow. I have a 8'6" but it's on a 5 ton SS with 110hp. My routine is first "shaving" off what I can, usually with my tractor that has a 9'6" Fisher V blade, then back drag/dig out the rest just far enough away from the building to be able to either use the V plow or the rear pusher (or both, no turning around the tractor)
to carry it off. Sometimes I don't feel like switching bucket/pusher on the SS.
20201218_113118.jpg
20210102_155111.jpg

Couple things to think about:
- A pusher or plow will have some method of softening an impact (ie curb, frost heave, etc). Buckets can catch an edge and do damage to the loader, object or both. I peeled up some asphalt on my driveway by accident the first year I had the tractor.
- Defiantly consider a weight box with any loader attached tool. Helps with front axle stresses, but also balances traction. I like my rake on for scarifying hard-pack, pushing banks back, and as ballast, but still want more weight.
- If you have situations where you need to scoop snow to remove it and stack it elsewhere, the snow bucket is priceless though. Your standard general purpose bucket would feel like a teaspoon.

I hear ya, thought about that also. I'm mostly on all gravel. Thought about edge tamers but then there goes some of the back dragging.

Yep working on more ballast too. Looking into a box blade soon (we need one anyways) or a ballast box, tires will be filled but seems like that may not always be enough?

Sounds like a bucket and also pusher would be ideal.