Anyone w/ CD Player in a Cab Tractor?

/ Anyone w/ CD Player in a Cab Tractor? #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
How good are the CD player's in today's aftermarket car stereos? How much can they handle before skipping? I want to replace the existing REI AM/FM/WB unit with something like a JVC or Kenwood with better FM tuner and bluetooth, but I also have a bunch of old CD's in my shop. Or am I crazy for thinking a CD would play OK while plowing snow?

/ Anyone w/ CD Player in a Cab Tractor? #2  
I rather have my youtube playlist on a tractor, but living with a Technologically Disability Syndrome, TDS has prevented me from doing so. I have songs with sound effects that just can not be found anywhere else, not to mention the beautiful pictures that are with some of these songs, thankfully someone knows how to do it.

/ Anyone w/ CD Player in a Cab Tractor? #3  
I have the stock radio/CD player that came with my Kioti from the factory. It works great no problems with skipping.
That includes cutting hay, baling and all the other work that goes into making hay.

/ Anyone w/ CD Player in a Cab Tractor?
I have the stock radio/CD player that came with my Kioti from the factory. It works great no problems with skipping.
That includes cutting hay, baling and all the other work that goes into making hay.

What brand is that? Or does it say "Kioti"?

/ Anyone w/ CD Player in a Cab Tractor? #5  
My JD3033R came with a AM/FM/weather band radio with a USB port. I copied a ton of CD's to a thumb drive. Now I can work for hours without worrying about skipping, and still have excellent sound quality.

/ Anyone w/ CD Player in a Cab Tractor? #6  
I have put mechless radios in all my vehicles and my backhoe. The higer price radios seem to only come with a USB port but some of the lesser cost units have and SD slot. The SD slots will work with standard size SDs or the micro in a standard size adaptor. I just use windows media player to convert all my old CDs to MP3 in the highest quality. You can put a wider variety of music on a 32 gig SD or USB than most radio stations play without the storage or skipping concerns of a CD. I imagine it won't be many more years before CD players are no longer sold.

My best mechless player is in my mustang and it's a JVC that will play every format known to man including .flac files. It only has a USB port but I found some stubby flash drives that you hardly notice. I would not want a standard size flash drive sticking out of my radio to get bumped and broken off. The Bluray lacks something to be desired for phone use because it doesn't offer dial by voice like a factory Bluray would. Most of the aftermarket units are lacking in that department but they do allow you to answer your phone with the push of a button and hands free talking.

I bought a cheap mechless player from Advance Auto Parts for $35 for my backhoe. It had an SD slot behind the faceplate and a front USB port. It doesn't sound great but I imagine that is in the sorry speakers in the backhoe. I need to upgrade those. EDIT: This thread reminded me I wanted to do something about the sound in my backhoe. One key to a decent sound is matching the speakers power abilities with the units. I had put a low power radio in and the existing speakers were rated for 200 watts so the radio could not drive them. I bought a pair of Dual brand speakers from Oreily Auto Parts that better match the Dual brand mechless radio and it sounds a lot better.

Last edited:
   / Anyone w/ CD Player in a Cab Tractor? #8  
I've never had any issues with normal use, unless it's a real hard jolt, even my DVD player does great.

/ Anyone w/ CD Player in a Cab Tractor?
Thanks for the input, sounds like CD should be OK.

/ Anyone w/ CD Player in a Cab Tractor? #10  
I koo :eek:oiiohoioh)iio iiuiI ii h oiioio Tei i I oJoHii hth onny ii o u i Hth ichi ouiiiiuiiioiget igiiYauopercentages i uoOTE=uiOldpath05;4831172]I rather haveuiiiigo imy my youtube playIlisto on a tractor, but living with a Technologically Disability Syndrome, TDS has prevented me from doing so. I have songs with sound y o igoii effects that just can not be found anywhere else, not to mention the beautiful pictures that are with some of these songs, thankfully someone knows how to do it.[/QUOTE]
O i i
getoiii ggiietoioiiigetoo iiiig iiijuii Gregog pig i giFt oi Yolo: o i. Yoiii y o I u iI right otig :YouTube's pig i uihhii