Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup?

/ Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup? #11  
My Ranger is a '98 and is the perfect size for us. Great little 4x4 too. Not fancy or fast but it gets the job done. Everything is still tight with no rumbling or rattles.

/ Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup? #12  
Maybe they will un-supersize them. I have a first generation 2001 that’s just right. Heck today’s Tacoma is bigger than mine.

Amen to that. I have a 2005 TRD Access cab with the 4.7 that I bought used in 2006 and plan to keep it as long as the frame holds out (only has 114,000 miles on it). Stays in my garage on a battery tender and gets used when I need a truck. The only thing I don't like about it is the mpg (15ish), but it is a truck.

/ Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup? #13  
Still have our 2005 Tacoma but wishing I'd fixed up the 1996 Tacoma and kept it. Only drive the 2005 about 1k/yr because neither of us like driving it, but both of us liked the 1996. Only drive the 2005 when we absolutely need a truck.

Had a 1994 Ranger that Ford forgot to put a suspension system on. Only got 23 mpg.

/ Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup? #14  
The older ford rangers, are not in the same category as there new version. Completely changed. Here's a thread about the new ones.

/ Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup? #15  
I've been very pleased with the 2012 Rock Warrior. So much so that after 100K of hard use as a trailer pull, farm, and winter rescue truck, with OEM TRD (Bilstein) shocks fading, I threw $5K of King / Camburg suspension at it and and intend to keep it forever.

It's lived outside since day one. Debadged, with miles of Texas pinstriping from forest use. Nothing has broken on it under warranty or otherwise. Granted, mpg is not as good as a diesel F250, but it's probably still cheaper to run given the so-far 100% reliability, and certainly was cheaper to purchase.

So no redesigned Tundra for me, but potentially a diesel dually with a jake if I need to tow heavy.

/ Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup?
I've been very pleased with the 2012 Rock Warrior. So much so that after 100K of hard use as a trailer pull, farm, and winter rescue truck, with OEM TRD (Bilstein) shocks fading, I threw $5K of King / Camburg suspension at it and and intend to keep it forever.

It's lived outside since day one. Debadged, with miles of Texas pinstriping from forest use. Nothing has broken on it under warranty or otherwise. Granted, mpg is not as good as a diesel F250, but it's probably still cheaper to run given the so-far 100% reliability, and certainly was cheaper to purchase.

So no redesigned Tundra for me, but potentially a diesel dually with a jake if I need to tow heavy.

Good points. The F250 with a 7.3 gas and 10speed is my next choice should the Tundra be too timid or only have the V6 for an engine. I could buy a Tacoma and get a V6 if I wanted it.

The Ford F250 looks great but I'm so used to Toyota trouble-free reliability and excellent resale value that anything else makes me nervous.

/ Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup? #17  
I am sold on Toyota reliability, but the conservative voice in me says to avoid the first year of any change in a vehicle.

/ Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup? #18  
Good points. The F250 with a 7.3 gas and 10speed is my next choice should the Tundra be too timid or only have the V6 for an engine.
A turbo v6 will give you more low end torque than a big v8. For example the 7.3 makes 475 ft/lb at 4000 rpm while the 3.5 EB makes 500 at 3100. Modern turbo gas engines make a lot of low rpm power and often have very flat torque curves with nearly the peak torque from not far past idle.

I like everything about my '17 Tundra's 5.7 engine except the dismal mileage. Makes enough power for me and sounds good. But if I was looking now I'd certainly consider a turbo v6. I liked the 3.5EB in the F150 I test drove but hated the transmission which went too too high a gear and was slow to downshift. The Tundra's is much more responsive.

/ Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup? #19  
I've got a 2014 Tundra standard cab long box that is one heck of truck.
But it is super sized and if they would have not discontinued the t100 long box I would have bought one of those in a second. These rigs that need steps up the wazoo are nuts. Add steps so you can reach over the side? Add steps to get in your tool box? I just don't get it. Toyo reliability is pretty hard to beat and I've had em since 81.

/ Anyone waiting for the new Toyota Tundra pickup? #20  
Got a 2008 Tundra ext Cab + 8ft bed. Love it. Tons of power, tows like a mule. I knew I made a good choice when I did the brakes up front and found 4 piston calipers.
Issues: Frame had a recall and they coated it with black sticky stuff that doesnt really dry to the touch. My son's 2002 Tacoma frame rusted out at the spring purch on both sides at 136K miles 3 ys ago and we spent three weeks cleaning the rust flakes, had plates/purches welded in and POR15 the whole thing. Rest of his truck looks like brand new.. WTF Toyota!!! get some good frames and you could own the truck world.
UH... Well...unless you buy trucks on looks... then Dodge have the High beams and honey bumpers to keep your attention... that is one good lookin front end. Sorry Chebbies n' Ferds ya-out.