Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :(

/ Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :( #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
My L4330 tractor started making a clicking and/clanging sound coming from the rear end a couple weeks ago after pulling one stubborn tree out of the ground. The clanging sound is very noticeable when in 4wd and consistent with speed. It's intermittent in 2wd.

Redecked my trailer, loaded it up and took it to the local Kubota dealer (H&R Agripower/Fayetteville) last Friday.

The service manager called me this morning: Broken tooth on one of the gears in the rear. Minimum $2k to crack the back and pull the rear axles. No idea what parts are going to cost over that.

Unfortunately, it's almost exactly what I suspected and expected. :(

/ Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :( #2  
So sorry to hear about your situation. Have you tried to call any other Kubota shops or even an independent mechanic? Unless I had an established relationship with the shop I wouldn't hesitate to shop around some and see if you get the same base price to check into it. Of course if you do trust the shop I guess you dont have much choice but to pay it. Unless you have to self confidence and tools to break into it yourself. A running and operating tractor is worth way more than how its sitting now. Just my thoughts.

/ Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :(
So sorry to hear about your situation. Have you tried to call any other Kubota shops or even an independent mechanic? Unless I had an established relationship with the shop I wouldn't hesitate to shop around some and see if you get the same base price to check into it. Of course if you do trust the shop I guess you dont have much choice but to pay it. Unless you have to self confidence and tools to break into it yourself. A running and operating tractor is worth way more than how its sitting now. Just my thoughts.

I haven't and I don't intend to. There's simply no way to establish that one is better than any other - IMO. Someone who's been in the business for decades, yes. But not me. My brother could tell who does good work - if it was a JD and about 100 miles south of me. Kubota up in my area, doubtful.

Last: I forked it up; hence I'm willing to pay to make sure it's done right.

"Break it myself" HaHaHaHaHa! That's a good one, that made me chuckle. I don't even know how to spell break much less make a tractor look like one! :laughing:

/ Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :( #4  
I haven't and I don't intend to. There's simply no way to establish that one is better than any other - IMO. Someone who's been in the business for decades, yes. But not me. My brother could tell who does good work - if it was a JD and about 100 miles south of me. Kubota up in my area, doubtful.

Last: I forked it up; hence I'm willing to pay to make sure it's done right.

"Break it myself" HaHaHaHaHa! That's a good one, that made me chuckle. I don't even know how to spell break much less make a tractor look like one! :laughing:

KTAC would have probably paid for that with all the extra strain that tree job did on it.

Ron

/ Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :( #5  
If you can afford it, sometimes it's best to just pay up and get it done even if you know how.

/ Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :( #6  
Ouch! That's got to hurt.

/ Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :( #7  
My L4330 tractor started making a clicking and/clanging sound coming from the rear end a couple weeks ago after pulling one stubborn tree out of the ground. The clanging sound is very noticeable when in 4wd and consistent with speed. It's intermittent in 2wd.

Redecked my trailer, loaded it up and took it to the local Kubota dealer (H&R Agripower/Fayetteville) last Friday.

The service manager called me this morning: Broken tooth on one of the gears in the rear. Minimum $2k to crack the back and pull the rear axles. No idea what parts are going to cost over that.

Tractors are designed to pull things. Pulling an immovable object to the limit of wheel slip should not damage the drive train even if the tractor is ballasted to the recommended limit, unless there is a defective part somewhere therein.

Jerking against an immovable object, especially on hard surfaces, is an entirely different matter for which tractors are not designed.

Please tell us that you did not do that.

SDT

/ Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :( #8  
THATS not to bad.. I went to the dentist cuz my tooth hurt.. I got the estimate today.. $28,800.00 + another 10K for some other nonsense..

/ Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :( #9  
THATS not to bad.. I went to the dentist cuz my tooth hurt.. I got the estimate today.. $28,800.00 + another 10K for some other nonsense..

WHAT? Something other than a tooth ache turn up? :confused3:

/ Approved $2000 *minimum* repair bill today :( #10  

Bummer. :(

How many hours on the machine? Just curious, as it doesn't really define if it's a lot of easy hours or few hard hours. Just curious.