Are backhoe buckets universal?

/ Are backhoe buckets universal? #1  

madpuma13

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 4720
I'm looking to buy a smaller 8" bucket for trenching but not sure if it will fit the bh860 (it came with the 16").

I'm specifically looking at Titans backhoe buckets and may even purchase their 24" one as well.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

/ Are backhoe buckets universal? #2  
The "pin" size and dimension between the bosses on the bucket vary. As long as those match up your good.

/ Are backhoe buckets universal? #3  
Many different types. Time to get out your tape measure and record what you need for location and pin size. Carry in your wallet or it will not be found when needed.

/ Are backhoe buckets universal? #4  
A thought - the owners manual for your BH860 should have a page with an engineering drawing of the OEM bucket - all required dimensions - pin sizes - etc. Make a copy of that page and carry it with you.

/ Are backhoe buckets universal? #5  
Many different types. Time to get out your tape measure and record what you need for location and pin size. Carry in your wallet or it will not be found when needed.

Or take a photograph of the written dimensions with your phone camera.

/ Are backhoe buckets universal? #6  
They are all universal until you wake up. Then the reality sets in that they are not.

/ Are backhoe buckets universal? #7  
a) Check who the OEM is for your hoe - mine is Amerequip and they made(make) back hoes for MANY tractors under several names.
b) Pin diameter, length and spacing matter, also the spacing between each of the lugs that any particular pin goes through (typically two on the bucket and two on the arm for each pin).

/ Are backhoe buckets universal? #8  
This may help with the dimensions you should be comparing:

BH Bucket.jpg