Are eMax owners happy with their tractors?

9stringbean

Tractor
John Deere 430
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and website, so forgive me if do anything I am not supposed to.

My father has been looking at purchasing a Mahindra eMax 25 tractor with a MMM and a front loader. Since the eMax series is new I was just curious to getting input from any current eMax owners as to how they like their tractors? I have been the one researching the Max and eMax series machines (online) looking for the differences in the machines and the best machine for my dad (I may use the machine some too). I have been quite impressed with the specs. of the Max 22, 25 and 28, but the eMax tractors seems to be the best fit for his budget (that is unless the extra money spent makes a BIG difference in the machine you get). Any info would be helpful gentlemen and ladies. Thank you for your time. :)

9stringbean

flyboy65

Tractor
Mahindra Max 25, 1965 Allis Chalmers B10
Hi I have the 25 max and love it. JD country around here and it has impressed quite a few of them. Well built and tough as nails

cbhill3574

Tractor
Mahindra Max 28
I just bought a Max 28 about 3 weeks ago and love it. Was a orange man before this. I must say for the price you can not beat Mahindra. Sure it didn't have as many bells and whistles as the orange or green tractors in my opinion, buts lets face it I for one do "work" with my tractor. If I wanted a lounge chair and drink holder I would sit in my recliner in the A/C. I primarily use mine for mowing and was torn between the MMM or getting a finishing mower. I went with the finishing mower because I was afraid on the occasions I do take my tractor in the woods for some heavy work that I would damage the mower deck and I didn't want the pain of removing the deck. The more I mow with it the more I wish I would have gotten the mower deck. Also look at the 28. A little more power and a larger capacity loader for not much more money. The tires are a little larger than the 25 but other than that the tractors are pretty much the same.

whizdbiz2

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra eMax 22, Ford 9N, 8N; Cub Cadet 86, JD GT275
So far my eMax 22 has been great. Not a lot of hours yet but have moved a fair amount of dirt (actually, well composted llama manure that's rich and black) on to a garden area, scraped the driveway and used the FEL like a "diesel powered wheel barrow". Just got a Maschio 5' finish mower and got it hooked up last night and mowed some lawn areas. It's a joy to run compared to the 9N/8N. With the FEL it's not as manuverable as my riding mowers, but intend to just use this mower on pasture grooming. Couldn't beat the price and the financing on the tractor and the dealer was great. I'm constantly amazed at how well built the tractor and loader are. Lots of steel, good welds, heavy connections. To my eyes some of it looks almost a bit funny, like a kid with a cowboy hat too big for his head, big solid components on a small size frame. But I do appreciate the heavy build and the quality I'm seeing on it. For example the drawbar is thicker and heavier than the Class III towing ball mount on my truck.

I did finally get a chance to see the LS J2023H at the local dealer (in some earlier posts I was looking at that and the Mahindra but the dealer didn't have one on the lot). It looks so much like the Mahindra that I think if you painted it red you'd be almost there.... controls in the same places, exact same loader control, in fact the loader frame and quick mount looks to be very much the same, heavy hitch components, etc. Maybe should not be surprised since they are both made in Korea, wouldn't suprise me if they came out of the same factory.

Last edited:

OP

9stringbean

Tractor
John Deere 430
Thanks for the comments guys.

Hey whizdbiz, it seems probable that the eMax tractors and the LS J2023H tractors came out of the same factory. The eMax tractors are built by TYM also known as Tong Yang Moolsan tractors located in South Korea. You may already know that though. I'm glad to hear that your tractor is performing well for you. My dad actually purchased the eMax 25. It was delivered earlier this afternoon. He has the loader and the MMM, but he is also going to get a 4 foot box scrapper. He hasn't used it yet, but he is anxious to get to work with it.

Anymore information is welcome by anyone. :)

Mattt2778

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax25 hst
While I'm happy with my emax 25 hst I've had a pretty significant failure at 20hrs. The four wheel drive has gone out. After climbing underneath and pulling on the front drive shaft I felt a good 1/2" of lateral play. I removed the shaft and found the circlip had come off of the inner shaft of the telescopic assembly. This allowed the floating pins to come out and the driveshaft to fail. Unfortunately the shaft is not serviceable and will need to be replaced. My dealer was very apologetic and has ordered me new shaft, but I haven't heard anything in the last week. The good thing is at least since I figured this out myself I'm left with a 2 wheel drive tractor and I didn't have to spend anything on hauling to the dealer. I'd guess that the clip was never fully seated on the shaft since it failed after only 20 hours.

OP

9stringbean

Tractor
John Deere 430
Wow! I'm sorry to hear that Mattt2778. I hope this doesn't happen to you again after your tractor gets fixed. I'll have to keep an eye out for this on our machine. Thanks for the information.

jpw0504

Tractor
mahindra emax25
Im very happy with mine except the 3 point hitch sway/stabilizer it bent when it came loose pulling a back blade because I did not tighten the lock nut enough I have seen other stabilizers that are pinned in place where mine is a turnbuckle other than that its a tank

robert harry

Tractor
mahindra emax
Are there any emax tractor owners in the usa like me who purchased a snow plow, like me, I would like to hear from you robery harry

Blueflyz

Tractor
Mahindra Max 22 Hst
Very happy. Nice fit and finish. Just as nice as any of the other brands

BlackOps

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 25
I am most happy so far with the max 25. i did not get the emax series due to tier 4 BS and also i liked the dual hydraulic cylinders as opposed to the single ones on the front bucket had a few months and have 27 hrs on it - been slow due to mud weather. this spring and summer will use a whole lot more. still have plans for the remaining winter though too.

adamtorch

Tractor
A60
Yeah, the eMax are looking mighty good. There are a lot of good tractors out there it all depends what you are going to use them for.

MAHINDRA OF OHIO

Silver Member
Tractor
MAHINDRA
I just talked to one of our customers and he is very pleased with his eMax 22 and his front snow plow and soft side cab.

Navasot

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra
While I'm happy with my emax 25 hst I've had a pretty significant failure at 20hrs. The four wheel drive has gone out. After climbing underneath and pulling on the front drive shaft I felt a good 1/2" of lateral play. I removed the shaft and found the circlip had come off of the inner shaft of the telescopic assembly. This allowed the floating pins to come out and the driveshaft to fail. Unfortunately the shaft is not serviceable and will need to be replaced. My dealer was very apologetic and has ordered me new shaft, but I haven't heard anything in the last week. The good thing is at least since I figured this out myself I'm left with a 2 wheel drive tractor and I didn't have to spend anything on hauling to the dealer. I'd guess that the clip was never fully seated on the shaft since it failed after only 20 hours.

Careful with any push/pull/lift work while your waiting.

Mattt2778

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax25 hst
Hope he is still not waiting, that was last summer. :D

It's been back together for quite some time. I've had a few issues with the tractor, oil pan drip (tightened a few pan bolts). I also had a couple of hydraulic leaks that required a wrench. Overall I have no complaints, I realize this is a very complicated piece of machinery and also a new model, therefore I feel it would be unrealistic to get upset about the few minor issues I've dealt with. Currently I'm sitting at 80hrs and I'm quite impressed at the capabilities of the machine. The little tractor really packs a punch, I'm able to pull a 60" box blade with no issues though the driveway is flat. The loader is unstoppable even filled to the top with modified driveway stone. The tractor has no issues running a 48" tiller, I've yet to hear the rpms drop even on unbroken ground. The closest thing to a complaint I have is that the tractor is not a lawn mower, I really regret spending the cash on the 60" deck. It cuts really well but after owning a zero turn mower I find it's to slow. The 44" homeowner grade zero turn I have will run circles around the emax, furthermore it's kind of a pita to remove the loader and I'd rather not have that much weight on my drain field. I think overall I just wished I purchased the machine sooner, next time with the backhoe instead of the mower deck.

lanschuetz

Tractor
Kubota B6200
Looks like it's been a while since there's been any comment here, but having just purchased an eMax22 with 60" MMM and rear blade, I can give my first impressions if y'all are interested. I have to start out by noting that my first 2 minutes were not good. The front MMM attachment came loose from the tractor and the mower deck flailed about some, ripping out the fuel line. Dealer has now returned the unit (at their cost btw) and all seems right with the world. But we still don't know why the front cradle came off the tractor without mangling the J-pin. In any case, now mows again. The mower deck is big at 60" for this size of tractor, but runs very well. Even at very high RPMs does not vibrate or act wonky. Since the unit was out of service for a couple of weeks in the spring, had to cut 2 acres of 12" high grass, which it did perfectly. No re-cut needed. Seems quite well made out of pretty significant steel.

The tractor speed control is probably not as precise as I had on my 30 year old Kubota and the ranges are a bit odd (slow is SLOW and fast is FAST - not much in the middle). Have not had to use the 4WD at all as the tires are very grippy. The power steering is very smooth and responsive. Fit and finish are OK. It's not the tank my Kubota was, but it is adequate. The black paint chips pretty easily. The hood design is OK, but the mandated stupidity on the air intake is a mess. Cleaning the screen is a significant process since you have to disassemble things. [insert rude comment about the government here].

The ROPS on this thing is gigantic [insert 2nd rude government comment here]. so getting close to trees is out. The pin holes are a bit off so holding and unfolding sometimes take a rubber mallet - but just one hit. The friction of folding took the paint of the upright piece - not a big deal, but not quite as classy as some other tractors.

The steering wheel seems to be upside down (the logo is anyway). Not a big deal, but sort of the thing that suggests fit and finish could be a bit better. The 3 point stuff is well made and works grand. Nice they throw in all the parts and a tow bar. Cute little link to hold the top link in place. Lot of thought went into this.

Still getting used to a tractor with brake lights, turn signals and a horn(!). The lights are GREAT. First tractor ever that had useful headlights.

Starting generates some black smoke. Bit surprised at that, as my Kubota with like 3,000 hours didn't. Stopping, done with the key instead of pressure release, is a bit bumpy - but not atypical for this kind of engine. Dashboard indicator lights are useful and LARGE. Tends to want to go backwards a bit when run for extended periods and no foot on the pedal. I've seen this before on other tractors (my Kubota sometimes did that too), so not alarming. You hear the hydraulic whine after things warm up - but again this seems to me to be pretty typical.

The off-the-seat stop is very sensitive and will scare the **** out of you the first time. Despite what the manual says, the tractor engine stops too. Probably not surprising since the mower deck lock is fighting the transmission.

Still getting used to the 2 pedal thing. Must have tried to go backwards with my heel at least a 100 times.

Idle is a bit rough, though again not atypical for this kind of device. But engine is very smooth at speed. Not having a top mounted exhaust is wonderful. No more noise/hot air at face level. Cup holder is ok..... (yeah, it has a cup holder).

The manual is, shall we say, not really much help. And it contains some contradictions. Despite another member, and the Mahindra site, telling me where the hydrostat filters are, they aren't there. So the 50 hour is probably going to be at the dealer with me watching.

Would I buy it again over the competition? I think so. The complaints here - other than the escaping MMM - are really minor. Be great to have an ACTUAL manual that has ACTUAL information in it (or something online - hint, hint Mahindra). But price, warranty and my dealer have made it a good choice for me.

Shift4200

Gold Member
Tractor
Max 25 2013
Looks like it's been a while since there's been any comment here, but having just purchased an eMax22 with 60" MMM and rear blade, I can give my first impressions if y'all are interested. I have to start out by noting that my first 2 minutes were not good. The front MMM attachment came loose from the tractor and the mower deck flailed about some, ripping out the fuel line. Dealer has now returned the unit (at their cost btw) and all seems right with the world. But we still don't know why the front cradle came off the tractor without mangling the J-pin. In any case, now mows again. The mower deck is big at 60" for this size of tractor, but runs very well. Even at very high RPMs does not vibrate or act wonky. Since the unit was out of service for a couple of weeks in the spring, had to cut 2 acres of 12" high grass, which it did perfectly. No re-cut needed. Seems quite well made out of pretty significant steel.

The tractor speed control is probably not as precise as I had on my 30 year old Kubota and the ranges are a bit odd (slow is SLOW and fast is FAST - not much in the middle). Have not had to use the 4WD at all as the tires are very grippy. The power steering is very smooth and responsive. Fit and finish are OK. It's not the tank my Kubota was, but it is adequate. The black paint chips pretty easily. The hood design is OK, but the mandated stupidity on the air intake is a mess. Cleaning the screen is a significant process since you have to disassemble things. [insert rude comment about the government here].

The ROPS on this thing is gigantic [insert 2nd rude government comment here]. so getting close to trees is out. The pin holes are a bit off so holding and unfolding sometimes take a rubber mallet - but just one hit. The friction of folding took the paint of the upright piece - not a big deal, but not quite as classy as some other tractors.

The steering wheel seems to be upside down (the logo is anyway). Not a big deal, but sort of the thing that suggests fit and finish could be a bit better. The 3 point stuff is well made and works grand. Nice they throw in all the parts and a tow bar. Cute little link to hold the top link in place. Lot of thought went into this.

Still getting used to a tractor with brake lights, turn signals and a horn(!). The lights are GREAT. First tractor ever that had useful headlights.

Starting generates some black smoke. Bit surprised at that, as my Kubota with like 3,000 hours didn't. Stopping, done with the key instead of pressure release, is a bit bumpy - but not atypical for this kind of engine. Dashboard indicator lights are useful and LARGE. Tends to want to go backwards a bit when run for extended periods and no foot on the pedal. I've seen this before on other tractors (my Kubota sometimes did that too), so not alarming. You hear the hydraulic whine after things warm up - but again this seems to me to be pretty typical.

The off-the-seat stop is very sensitive and will scare the **** out of you the first time. Despite what the manual says, the tractor engine stops too. Probably not surprising since the mower deck lock is fighting the transmission.

Still getting used to the 2 pedal thing. Must have tried to go backwards with my heel at least a 100 times.

Idle is a bit rough, though again not atypical for this kind of device. But engine is very smooth at speed. Not having a top mounted exhaust is wonderful. No more noise/hot air at face level. Cup holder is ok..... (yeah, it has a cup holder).

The manual is, shall we say, not really much help. And it contains some contradictions. Despite another member, and the Mahindra site, telling me where the hydrostat filters are, they aren't there. So the 50 hour is probably going to be at the dealer with me watching.

Would I buy it again over the competition? I think so. The complaints here - other than the escaping MMM - are really minor. Be great to have an ACTUAL manual that has ACTUAL information in it (or something online - hint, hint Mahindra). But price, warranty and my dealer have made it a good choice for me.

A good Informative post.... I have a few comments.

You're steering is hydraulic power, your steering wheel will be dynamic. Meaning, that logo in the middle will be in a different direction dam near every time you look at it. If it were me building these, I'd have skipped the logo in the middle of the wheel. This also poses a challenge for "Wheel Knob" lovers.

The ROPS on my MAX 25 has adjustment bolts that allow more/less movement when raising and lowering the ROPS. They're on the front of the bar, just under the hinge. One bolt with a set nut per side... looser makes it easier to put up/down, tighter makes for a quiet'r ride.

You mention idle being rough, are you referring to sub 1k rpm after starting or the 1500rmp idle as described in the manual? Mine is a chatter box sub 1k rpm, but 1k+ it's smooth as buttah.

I think it's pretty typical of Mahindra's to puff a little black smoke on startup. All that I've seen in my area do it, as does mine. I agree that this is something that other brands do not do... but i've not heard any negatives that have come of this.

Also agree that the manuals need work. I wonder how much the service manual is for our models. Does a company like Chiltons or Haynes make manuals for tractors?

-J

Navasot

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra
Very good review. Talk with your dealer and get you a service manual.

Mattt2778

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax25 hst
Hey lanschuetz,
I noticed you're out in my neighborhood, I'm actually in western Chester county, did you purchase your tractor from power pro? Anyway the fifty hour service is pretty simple, the eMax only has one hydro filter and a suction screen to deal with. The manual doesn't show the suction screen but it's part 14 in this diagram iirc the manual says to replace the suction screen but it can clearly just be cleaned.

Error

The other hydro filter is hard to see but if you pull the plastic tunnel cover from the operators platform you'll find it easily. You do have to pull the bolt on the driveshaft and move it for access(not a big deal takes a few seconds). The oil change, trans fluid and front axle change are all pretty straight forward, I think it cost me $125 to do it all myself with fluids and filters (also bought the air and fuel filters, but didn't change them). Anyway good luck with the machine, I'm at around 100 hours and quite happy with mine.
Matt

Last edited:

mike69440

Elite Member
Tractor
1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) 2005 L39 Kubota, 2006 RTV 900 1997 Komatsu PC75UU2E w/ Thumb & Blade, 2013 Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle
"Starting generates some black smoke. Bit surprised at that, as my Kubota with like 3,000 hours didn't."

Didn't I say something like that too? Seems like my recently sold Kubota 32 year old engine ran mighty clean and smooth.

lanschuetz

Tractor
Kubota B6200
Thought I'd reply to all in one place rather than scattered, so bear with me.

You're absolutely right on the steering - just noticed this time that the logo is all over the place when going straight. Not sure I understand that physics of that, but I withdraw it as a criticism.

I'm not actually near West Chester. Pennsylvania is a weird state with lots of name collisions (I think there are 2 Mechanicsburg's if not mistaken). But Lancaster Township is actually near Pittsburgh (a few minutes from Butler). So my machine came from Ritenour Equipment. Seem good folks.

It is correct that the rough idle is at start and under 1K RPM. Not disturbing in any way, just seems a little weird since it becomes smooth and very quiet (even by gas engine standards) just a few RPM higher. Actually pretty easy to go to quite high RPMs without even noticing. Nice engine.

Thanks Mattt2778 for the info on the filters. Oil and front fluid look trivial (though lots more drains than I'm used to) but the hydro filters and screen still seem a bit like wizardry to me. I will see if the dealer can come up with something that looks like a manual. After all, they have to have something to go by. I'll check in the manual for part 14 and see if it makes sense - thanks for the tip on that one and the other filter.

My dealer gave me a free to-and-from tow coupon, so if they don't charge a ton for the rest, it may be worth it just to avoid having to deal wit the disposal issues. Seems like after that changes are really minor and very far apart in hours.

stihlms

Tractor
mahindra emax22
I bought a emax 22 in November its been back to the shop twice once they left the bolts loose when putting the backhoe bracket on, this time the pto wouldn't work, they picked it up march 30th and its may 8th and still haven't gotten it back. I've made 3 payments on it since I last sit on it. So I guess u could say no im not very happy

DavesTractor

Elite Member
Tractor
Changes often!
It's June 9th. Over 2 months? I can't imagine a problem so bad that an eMax can't be fixed in short order. They are a pretty simple tractor. Please explain what your dealer is telling you, because this does not compute. And I would not be happy either.

Nordman

Tractor
Mahindra Emax,Ariens,Echo
I recently buy and Emax22 with loader,soft cab, snowblower and a scrapper. Very happy with, no complaint for now.

whizdbiz2

Silver Member
Tractor
Update on my earlier post from June of last year... still no issues with my eMax22. Getting some drift from the HST but it looks like a simple adjustment to fix that. Have to do the 50 hr. service yet but haven't used it much with all the rain we've had and other farm and livestock issues to take care of.

Rdr202

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra emax22
On the emax22 what RPM are you running the backhoe at?

purenergypro

Tractor
2015 Mahindra Emax 25hp
Yes and no. I have 2015 Emax 25. with FEL, bush hog which took almost 6 weeks to get from dealer, rototiller, and backhoe. I am disgusted with service, I had to bring my own new tractor home after waiting for them to put on backhoe, and got rusted looking rototiller that was suppose to be inside its whole life, huge\ lack of communication. Then the dealer let me "borrow" his trailer. first tractor I ever owned and they never showed me how to install or take off or use my 3pt hitch or PTO. I nearly killed myself learning from youtube videos. I was never shown how to take the top bar think its called rope, the manuals suck and are not good or have many photos, can't find one online, I am visual I need pictures, I don't know terminology yet. I am very pissed with Mahindra. Already been in for repairs, throttle got locked up and drove into my new truck cracked bumper but nope won't pay to fix it, dealer in Maine said mystery stick bent my cruise, no belly pans, can't find one online either, and I hadn't been in woods yet. then bolts were loose in numerous places, and NO dealer told me I can't lift pallet of fire blocks from TSC, almost tipped over the entire machine and crushed my head, I bent my truck bed taking pone pallet out, because this wimpy thing can't lift 2000 lbs. What a joke of a tractor. I told them how much land I had, and owner said no problem...just sign here... I wish I had gone somewhere else. No one cares about me, my safety, or creating a long term repeat buying relationship or providing excellent service, only getting by and getting you approved and moving on. very disappointing. I destroyed my bush hog on safety chains and blade cut into the frame cause I have no idea what I am doing and couldn't figure it out, you tube videos are sparse and not detailed enough for this dumb ***. in three minutes while I had to load it on trailer myself they said read manuals. I would NOT recommend Tripps Trading Dealer in New Gloucester, and would not recommend Mahindra or its implements. Now its creeping on me when I have the brake on, always wants to go backwards. I have to shut it off to be safe. I am NOT a mechanic, I told them. I have 40 hours on it, and if I could return it I would. I need bigger machine. at least one that can easily lift 2000 lbs of wood or pellets from the FEL. both sides my 3 pt hitch arms broke or bent, seat belt doesn't fit guys over 37 inch waist, seat won't turn around so I had to stand to use the backhoe, then it wouldn't dig up much dirt. the back reflector ripped off just from backing up and getting caught on limb, the hydraulic lines hand down low, no place to put them, dealer said turf tires are much better in clay and snow, which I have lots of, I have gotten stuck twice, in just little clay mud, I have read manuals twice and still am clueless.
I feel like I was scammed. I was approved for 0 % for 80 months but dealer switched me to 3.99% for 80 months said it was better deal if I paid it off at any point early. I emailed dealer and maker and still nothing. They did convince the warranty guy finally to fix the hood but cruise still doesn't work right because of the broken gas tank that I bought it was already leaking red stuff all over my floor board mats and I never owned diesel thought it was tranny fluid. but not one noticed cause they were too anxious to go home at 5pm on thursday.
I also got no compensation for waiting 6 week for rotary cutter from either dealer or mahindra, I asked for fre or discounted tire chains or weights, wait for bush hog. buyer beware, dealer makes or breaks your experience.

Last edited:

My Hoe

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3000HSDCC, BH77, 5' Belly Mower, 6' Hyd. Angle Plow
Good thread, sorry to hear about the issues some are having. Subscribed.

DK35vince

Tractor
Kioti DK 35
I can't lift pallet of fire blocks from TSC, almost tipped over the entire machine and crushed my head, I bent my truck bed taking pone pallet out, because this wimpy thing can't lift 2000 lbs. What a joke of a tractor.
Sorry to sound harsh but did you even bother to check the specs on the loader ??
Nobody should expect a small CUT or SCUT to lift 2000 lbs. The loader and tractor are rated for half that or less.

Last edited:

Mattt2778

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax25 hst
Yes and no. I have 2015 Emax 25. with FEL, bush hog which took almost 6 weeks to get from dealer, rototiller, and backhoe. I am disgusted with service, I had to bring my own new tractor home after waiting for them to put on backhoe, and got rusted looking rototiller that was suppose to be inside its whole life, huge\ lack of communication. Then the dealer let me "borrow" his trailer. first tractor I ever owned and they never showed me how to install or take off or use my 3pt hitch or PTO. I nearly killed myself learning from youtube videos. I was never shown how to take the top bar think its called rope, the manuals suck and are not good or have many photos, can't find one online, I am visual I need pictures, I don't know terminology yet. I am very pissed with Mahindra. Already been in for repairs, throttle got locked up and drove into my new truck cracked bumper but nope won't pay to fix it, dealer in Maine said mystery stick bent my cruise, no belly pans, can't find one online either, and I hadn't been in woods yet. then bolts were loose in numerous places, and NO dealer told me I can't lift pallet of fire blocks from TSC, almost tipped over the entire machine and crushed my head, I bent my truck bed taking pone pallet out, because this wimpy thing can't lift 2000 lbs. What a joke of a tractor. I told them how much land I had, and owner said no problem...just sign here... I wish I had gone somewhere else. No one cares about me, my safety, or creating a long term repeat buying relationship or providing excellent service, only getting by and getting you approved and moving on. very disappointing. I destroyed my bush hog on safety chains and blade cut into the frame cause I have no idea what I am doing and couldn't figure it out, you tube videos are sparse and not detailed enough for this dumb ***. in three minutes while I had to load it on trailer myself they said read manuals. I would NOT recommend Tripps Trading Dealer in New Gloucester, and would not recommend Mahindra or its implements. Now its creeping on me when I have the brake on, always wants to go backwards. I have to shut it off to be safe. I am NOT a mechanic, I told them. I have 40 hours on it, and if I could return it I would. I need bigger machine. at least one that can easily lift 2000 lbs of wood or pellets from the FEL. both sides my 3 pt hitch arms broke or bent, seat belt doesn't fit guys over 37 inch waist, seat won't turn around so I had to stand to use the backhoe, then it wouldn't dig up much dirt. the back reflector ripped off just from backing up and getting caught on limb, the hydraulic lines hand down low, no place to put them, dealer said turf tires are much better in clay and snow, which I have lots of, I have gotten stuck twice, in just little clay mud, I have read manuals twice and still am clueless.
I feel like I was scammed. I was approved for 0 % for 80 months but dealer switched me to 3.99% for 80 months said it was better deal if I paid it off at any point early. I emailed dealer and maker and still nothing. They did convince the warranty guy finally to fix the hood but cruise still doesn't work right because of the broken gas tank that I bought it was already leaking red stuff all over my floor board mats and I never owned diesel thought it was tranny fluid. but not one noticed cause they were too anxious to go home at 5pm on thursday.
I also got no compensation for waiting 6 week for rotary cutter from either dealer or mahindra, I asked for fre or discounted tire chains or weights, wait for bush hog. buyer beware, dealer makes or breaks your experience.

Not trying to be confrontational but your expectations are a bit out of line. If you tried to lift 2000 lbs with an emax 25 you should be thanking god you're not dead instead of bashing the manufacturer for not building a machine to over twice it's rated capacity. I will admit that some of your issues are clearly justified but you also need to do your homework and take responsibility for operation of the machine. It is after all a piece of equipment that could end your life in a hurry.

DK35vince

Tractor
Kioti DK 35
Not trying to be confrontational but your expectations are a bit out of line. If you tried to lift 2000 lbs with an emax 25 you should be thanking god you're not dead instead of bashing the manufacturer for not building a machine to over twice it's rated capacity. I will admit that some of your issues are clearly justified but you also need to do your homework and take responsibility for operation of the machine. It is after all a piece of equipment that could end your life in a hurry.
Exactly, pulling 2000 lbs out of the bed of a truck (well over double what the machine is rated for) then blaming the machine when it can't hold it and nose dives causing damage.

DavesTractor

Elite Member
Tractor
Changes often!
I often tell people it takes a very big tractor to lift as much as a tiny forklift. Our little fork lifts are rated at 3500 lbs 24" out from the mast, and that is with a decent safety margin. They will easily carry 4000 lbs, and the tail does not start lifting until about 5000lbs. Get a tractor that will safely lift an honest 4000 lbs 24" out from the "mast" and you are looking at a 80-100 HP tractor. Even lifting 2000 lbs safely on a pallet on forks with a tractor will take >50HP tractor.

It is my understanding that Tripp's Trading is a good dealer, I think we have an issue with customer expectations. Not saying the tractor issues are OK because they aren't, but doing what he is doing with this eMax is like taking a knife to a gunfight.

BlackOps

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 25
Dave's tractor - i agree. i have a small vineyard and it is like most people think that 1-5 vines will give you 2-4 cases of wine. Not even close. Reality is REAL!.

:)))))

whizdbiz2

Silver Member
Tractor

OK, I will. This owner should not have a tractor. These things will kill you if not used properly within spec. Did you not read the specs for this machine? They are all over the internet. You were not scammed, you were being st...d.

mike69440

Elite Member
Tractor
1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) 2005 L39 Kubota, 2006 RTV 900 1997 Komatsu PC75UU2E w/ Thumb & Blade, 2013 Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle
The Owner needed to rent first and then work under the supervision of someone who had a bit of experience before he bought the tractor. I'd chuckle, expect poor judgement is not funny.
Not sure if he should be even operating equipment.

JoelD

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054xs TLB, 2004
I give the poster credit for being honest. He (I assume a he) very clearly stated that he had no experience, knowledge with regards to tractors, including sounds like lack of mechanical ability. Seems to me like a communication issue. I struggle with understanding why a dealer would knowingly sell a machine to someone knowing it will not meet owner's expectations from day one. That is a train wreck waiting to happen. Seems like the discussion may not have happened? Or if it did the two parties may not have been listening to each other. In the end a good example of what can happen when someone lacking the knowledge, skills and abilities to own and operate one of these machines locks horns with a new machine. Thankfully he's not hurt himself

DRmeron

Tractor
Mahindra, emax 25
I am very happy with my e-max 25. Has done everything I wanted and expected from a very small tractor, you just need to know it's limitations. I have all 48" implements as I wanted to be able to groom in and around my 12 acres of pines. Today while clearing some brush with a ratchet rake, the engine exhaust note became loud. Shut her down and found the exhaust pipe broken between the manifold and the muffler. Hmmm, just had her in for a recall on the fuel tank bib, wonder if the mechanic might have leaned on/or against the muffler while working on the fuel tank. Regardless she is headed back to the dealer next week for repair under warranty. Stinks because I was really having a good time pulling brush out.

Snowback

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538
Love my MAX 25 HST purchased in 2012.

Erickson Max 25.jpg

Only 157 hrs on it, but this machine has completely transformed 2 acres of pine and hardwood forst into a fine suburban retreat. I've also done volunteer work for our HOA mowing easements and moving some dirt around at the community park. I use 4' implements, (Mahindra cutter and Armstrong box blade), and you just can't stop it. Moved a lot of dirt, mulch, rock and general yard stuff all over the place. Such a back saver for what used to require a shovel. Some of the most fun I've had was pulling bigger JDs and Kubotas out of the mud while they were grading new home lots down the street. None of them had FELs, just box blades. They likely could have pushed out with a loader, but it was satisfying helping them out and seeing that this mighty Max could pull them out like they were small trailers on a flat road. I still have over a year left on the warranty as well, and the dealer here is top notch. I think having a great dealer is crucial to your tractor experience regardless of the brand.

The MAX 25s are very comfortable machines for their size as well. I have recently purchased a Mahindra 2538 for use on a larger tract of land and will soon be sending this Max and its implements to a new home, so if anyone in the Texas area needs a low hour, strong SCUT that can get it done, just send me a PM.

whizdbiz2

Silver Member
Tractor

whizdbiz2

Silver Member
Tractor

whizdbiz2

Silver Member
Tractor
Although my eMax 22 is small we wanted something highly maneuverable to work in and around our barn. Case in point, one of our old llamas was found dead, in the middle of the barn. We could have grunted and groaned him out to where he could be picked up (done that, don't want to do it again!), but with bucket forks on the FEL and the ROPS folded down I was able to get right in the barn, even with some sharp turns, and pick up this 250 lb. animal with the forks and take him out for his final disposition. Quick work on the coldest night of the season.

Lots of the advice on the buying forum is to buy big, buy big. Sometimes that is not good advice in an individual situation. Small and mighty is often best.

mike69440

Elite Member
Tractor

Lots of the advice on the buying forum is to buy big, buy big. Sometimes that is not good advice in an individual situation. Small and mighty is often best.

Exactly why i went no larger than our Max28.
If I had to keep just one of the fleet, the L39 would be the keeper, but small is certaily a back saver

whitegorilla

Tractor
Mahindra Emax 25 hst
I am certainly happy with my emax 25. I bought smaller imps to make it easier on both me and my tractor. I have read this entire thread. I did my homework before I purchased. I have a small place and I wanted a small enough tractor to get under my trees and turn around in my yard if I decided to bring it inside the fence. I coudlnt beat the price. I can also say that the dealer can make all the difference in a sale and an education about what you are buying. I bought mine from Daves Tractor. My wife tried to get it from another dealer but they hardly gave her the time of day because she was a woman. She had 18k in her purse and the wrong dealer decided his friend picking up a repaired imp was more important than who woman who said she had cash in hand to buy a tractor today. Daves place was farther away but way nicer and more considerate to our needs. They made all the difference. So far I put tonka stickers on it. They look like they belong and I treat it like my favorite toy. That lil guy is a hardworking piece of equipment. But as we have seen people need to get an education about what they are buying. As I have gotten to know my 25 I have gotten better performance by experimenting safely and slowly to see what it can do safely. The only isue I have had is the first time ive used the cruise control something happened to cause it to creep foward all the time. The park brake wont stop it though if I push the brake with my foot it will. Glad to hear it was possibly an easy adjustment. I did have a couple lil things get loose. Im a master technician,now retired and I have ALOT of tools so no problem there. I am disabled so I love the HST. It was the idea of my sales rep. I had never thought of that. I love the 4 wheel drive. It saved me from getting stuck twice.It was user inexperience, not the tractor. Ive seen comparison videos and I must say they go both ways depending on whos making it. Apples to oranges in most of them but they paly on peoples laziness most of the time. I know how to work and Honestly the difference in price made me realize that I will get off and hook up that 3 point to save 10 grand on the price. I dont care about resale value,Im keeping it til I die. Im a hobbie farmer now and its just big enough to make things extremely easy for me. So there you have it.I learned ,I planned,I executed,Iam successful and happy. Thanks guys for your input . I learned alot reading this thread.

Mattt2778

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax25 hst
FYI you can get a harbor freight quick hitch for $100. Probably the best money I've spent on implements. Takes me less than a minute to switch between the carry all and the box blade all from the seat of the tractor.