Are eMax owners happy with their tractors?

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #71  
bn12595 Do you still have this tractor and are you happy with it. A dealer in my area has a 2014 emax22 gear drive with loader and mower I can get for just under $10K. The tractor has 104 hours on it and was traded on a hydro one. I think this is a great price and wanted your imput on the gear tractor. Thanks

I've had my emax22gear for 2 1/2 years now. 152 hours. It does run a little rough with a lot of vibration at idle. The muffler broke off just below the main cylinder of the muffler. Dealer said it was due to the high vibration. The 2 year bumper to bumper warranty was over 5 months ago. The broken muffler is obviously a manufacturer defect because Mahindra has redesigned the muffler with beefed up supports on the new emax22gear. Dealer is working with Mahindra to see if they will replace it even though it is past the 2 year warranty. We'll see, what they decide will determine whether I'm a repeat customer or not.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #72  
Yes and no. I have 2015 Emax 25. with FEL, bush hog which took almost 6 weeks to get from dealer, rototiller, and backhoe. I am disgusted with service, I had to bring my own new tractor home after waiting for them to put on backhoe, and got rusted looking rototiller that was suppose to be inside its whole life, huge\ lack of communication. Then the dealer let me "borrow" his trailer. first tractor I ever owned and they never showed me how to install or take off or use my 3pt hitch or PTO. I nearly killed myself learning from youtube videos. I was never shown how to take the top bar think its called rope, the manuals suck and are not good or have many photos, can't find one online, I am visual I need pictures, I don't know terminology yet. I am very pissed with Mahindra. Already been in for repairs, throttle got locked up and drove into my new truck cracked bumper but nope won't pay to fix it, dealer in Maine said mystery stick bent my cruise, no belly pans, can't find one online either, and I hadn't been in woods yet. then bolts were loose in numerous places, and NO dealer told me I can't lift pallet of fire blocks from TSC, almost tipped over the entire machine and crushed my head, I bent my truck bed taking pone pallet out, because this wimpy thing can't lift 2000 lbs. What a joke of a tractor. I told them how much land I had, and owner said no problem...just sign here... I wish I had gone somewhere else. No one cares about me, my safety, or creating a long term repeat buying relationship or providing excellent service, only getting by and getting you approved and moving on. very disappointing. I destroyed my bush hog on safety chains and blade cut into the frame cause I have no idea what I am doing and couldn't figure it out, you tube videos are sparse and not detailed enough for this dumb ***. in three minutes while I had to load it on trailer myself they said read manuals. I would NOT recommend Tripps Trading Dealer in New Gloucester, and would not recommend Mahindra or its implements. Now its creeping on me when I have the brake on, always wants to go backwards. I have to shut it off to be safe. I am NOT a mechanic, I told them. I have 40 hours on it, and if I could return it I would. I need bigger machine. at least one that can easily lift 2000 lbs of wood or pellets from the FEL. both sides my 3 pt hitch arms broke or bent, seat belt doesn't fit guys over 37 inch waist, seat won't turn around so I had to stand to use the backhoe, then it wouldn't dig up much dirt. the back reflector ripped off just from backing up and getting caught on limb, the hydraulic lines hand down low, no place to put them, dealer said turf tires are much better in clay and snow, which I have lots of, I have gotten stuck twice, in just little clay mud, I have read manuals twice and still am clueless.
I feel like I was scammed. I was approved for 0 % for 80 months but dealer switched me to 3.99% for 80 months said it was better deal if I paid it off at any point early. I emailed dealer and maker and still nothing. They did convince the warranty guy finally to fix the hood but cruise still doesn't work right because of the broken gas tank that I bought it was already leaking red stuff all over my floor board mats and I never owned diesel thought it was tranny fluid. but not one noticed cause they were too anxious to go home at 5pm on thursday.
I also got no compensation for waiting 6 week for rotary cutter from either dealer or mahindra, I asked for fre or discounted tire chains or weights, wait for bush hog. buyer beware, dealer makes or breaks your experience.

Sorry but I'm not sure that any tractor would be good for you. I hope you have good Medical Insurance.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #73  
Yes and no. I have 2015 Emax 25. with FEL, bush hog which took almost 6 weeks to get from dealer, rototiller, and backhoe. I am disgusted with service, I had to bring my own new tractor home after waiting for them to put on backhoe, and got rusted looking rototiller that was suppose to be inside its whole life, huge\ lack of communication. Then the dealer let me "borrow" his trailer. first tractor I ever owned and they never showed me how to install or take off or use my 3pt hitch or PTO. I nearly killed myself learning from youtube videos. I was never shown how to take the top bar think its called rope, the manuals suck and are not good or have many photos, can't find one online, I am visual I need pictures, I don't know terminology yet. I am very pissed with Mahindra. Already been in for repairs, throttle got locked up and drove into my new truck cracked bumper but nope won't pay to fix it, dealer in Maine said mystery stick bent my cruise, no belly pans, can't find one online either, and I hadn't been in woods yet. then bolts were loose in numerous places, and NO dealer told me I can't lift pallet of fire blocks from TSC, almost tipped over the entire machine and crushed my head, I bent my truck bed taking pone pallet out, because this wimpy thing can't lift 2000 lbs. What a joke of a tractor. I told them how much land I had, and owner said no problem...just sign here... I wish I had gone somewhere else. No one cares about me, my safety, or creating a long term repeat buying relationship or providing excellent service, only getting by and getting you approved and moving on. very disappointing. I destroyed my bush hog on safety chains and blade cut into the frame cause I have no idea what I am doing and couldn't figure it out, you tube videos are sparse and not detailed enough for this dumb ***. in three minutes while I had to load it on trailer myself they said read manuals. I would NOT recommend Tripps Trading Dealer in New Gloucester, and would not recommend Mahindra or its implements. Now its creeping on me when I have the brake on, always wants to go backwards. I have to shut it off to be safe. I am NOT a mechanic, I told them. I have 40 hours on it, and if I could return it I would. I need bigger machine. at least one that can easily lift 2000 lbs of wood or pellets from the FEL. both sides my 3 pt hitch arms broke or bent, seat belt doesn't fit guys over 37 inch waist, seat won't turn around so I had to stand to use the backhoe, then it wouldn't dig up much dirt. the back reflector ripped off just from backing up and getting caught on limb, the hydraulic lines hand down low, no place to put them, dealer said turf tires are much better in clay and snow, which I have lots of, I have gotten stuck twice, in just little clay mud, I have read manuals twice and still am clueless.
I feel like I was scammed. I was approved for 0 % for 80 months but dealer switched me to 3.99% for 80 months said it was better deal if I paid it off at any point early. I emailed dealer and maker and still nothing. They did convince the warranty guy finally to fix the hood but cruise still doesn't work right because of the broken gas tank that I bought it was already leaking red stuff all over my floor board mats and I never owned diesel thought it was tranny fluid. but not one noticed cause they were too anxious to go home at 5pm on thursday.
I also got no compensation for waiting 6 week for rotary cutter from either dealer or mahindra, I asked for fre or discounted tire chains or weights, wait for bush hog. buyer beware, dealer makes or breaks your experience.

Wowso . . .

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #74  
I just ordered an Emax 20 today. The dealer sold their last one in stock on Saturday all they had was one with a cab.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #75  
Dave,
Is Mahindra still using the same engine in their Emax22 that they did in 2015? Do you think the design is sound?
Barry

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #76  
Dave,
Is Mahindra still using the same engine in their Emax22 that they did in 2015? Do you think the design is sound?
Barry

Ironically they are using the Branson engine now, the same engine that is in the 2400 Branson. Yet the original engine was just fine, a good solid engine. The eMax issues were few, but common. The muffler was the most common. Then there is a wire connector at the fuel shutoff solenoid that isn't crimped real well and you get a crank but no start. Thirdly, early ones had potential to develop a leak in the outlet of the plastic fuel tank. Lastly, the first few hundred loaders had a poor design where the single ram welded to the bucket. At our dealership, we saw the problem with the loader before we sold any, and we sourced a couple truckloads of Koyker made in the USA loaders and used them instead until Mahindra got the loader right.

The kinks have been pretty much worked out of the eMax, it's a good little tractor. But as with any brand of sub-compact ladder frame style tractors, you need to match the tractor with the job at hand. If you are going to beat it hard and/or have multiple operators that don't give a rip...then a guy should step up out of this class of machine. But if it is to help you take care of a couple of acres with general chores it is a great machine.

I'm going to be away from my desk for a week. If I get any responses to this that need a response from me, please be patient.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #77  
Ironically they are using the Branson engine now, the same engine that is in the 2400 Branson. Yet the original engine was just fine, a good solid engine. The eMax issues were few, but common. The muffler was the most common. Then there is a wire connector at the fuel shutoff solenoid that isn't crimped real well and you get a crank but no start. Thirdly, early ones had potential to develop a leak in the outlet of the plastic fuel tank. Lastly, the first few hundred loaders had a poor design where the single ram welded to the bucket. At our dealership, we saw the problem with the loader before we sold any, and we sourced a couple truckloads of Koyker made in the USA loaders and used them instead until Mahindra got the loader right.

The kinks have been pretty much worked out of the eMax, it's a good little tractor. But as with any brand of sub-compact ladder frame style tractors, you need to match the tractor with the job at hand. If you are going to beat it hard and/or have multiple operators that don't give a rip...then a guy should step up out of this class of machine. But if it is to help you take care of a couple of acres with general chores it is a great machine.

I'm going to be away from my desk for a week. If I get any responses to this that need a response from me, please be patient.

Thanks Dave,
I've got the 002 SN for 2015 for the EMAX22G. I've got around 186 hours on it and I have enjoyed it. I used the loader a lot the first year and found the problem with the bucket, dealer sent out the new re-engineered bucket and I think it will last the life of the tractor. The dealer fixed the fuel tank, and I've got the latest muffler coming under warranty. Haven't had a problem with the solenoid yet, but will watch for that.
I have a small orchard of 25 apple trees (do lots of cider) and use it to spray my trees and other stuff around my 1 1/3 acre place. Oddly, my favorite implement cost the least. I picked up a pair of clamp on pallet forks from Titan for $90 w/free shipping (tell me how you can ship 100 lbs of steel for free). I use them to haul branches and pick up lots of other stuff.
I appreciated your thoughts on the original engine. I wanted a tractor that would last me the next 20 years. :)
Barry

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #78  
This threads been inactive for a while, but time for an update:

Things mostly still going well after 360 hours. But, the pan that holds the seat and the seat belt bolts
began to give way [tear] which made the seat sit at about a 35 degree angle forward - VERY uncomfortable.

A neighbor was able to straighten it and weld/reinforce it. Kind of disappointing. My Kubota seat was
still going strong after 30 years and was way more comfortable as well as going back a lot further.

Something in the engine bay now rattles/screams on starting the MMM - I think it's a little angle of metal
attached to the engine that seems to serve no purpose whatsoever. Irritation, but not a bit deal. Side
plastic pieces where controls are now buzz. Also irritating, but no big deal.

Still think it was a good deal at the time.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #79  
Now at 441 hours and time for an update. At 8 years the battery gave out (it froze over the winter inside a garage that never gets below 32. The 8 years is fine, the freezing is bizarre. Didn't know such a thing could exist after driving for nearly 60 years.

Another manufacturer defect showed up this year. Left rear axle seal began to leak. Ended up costing about $700 to set right.

The day it came back from the dealer, the muffler cracked (8 years, 441 hours). On my way to get it welded since Mahindra wants a staggering $800 for it. Contacted Mahindra corporate since this is a known and should have been recalled issue as it is defective by design (muffler end attaches to engine, pipe is attached to frame). Sadly, zero response from Mahindra, despite being told someone would get with me right away.

If the muffler were $300, I'd have just bought it, but at $800 if the welding holds up for the next couple of years before we downsize that's good enough.

If there were a need, I wouldn't buy another one. Runs well, performs well. Just a lot of crappy parts (seat, muffler, seals) which are stupid expensive to fix. Disappointing. BTW, save yourself a ton of money by not buying the air filter from Mahindra ($70 vs $20 if you buy the TYM one, which is identical).