Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines??

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
I, like everyone else, has noticed the McD ice cream machines spend too much time inoperable,,

The Federal government is investigating McD's ice cream machines,,
it appears that the machines are "overly sophisticated",
and when they stop working,, an outside service guy needs to be called in.

If you read the articles, it appears that the Feds are placing the ice cream machines in the same category as the John Deere tractors that owners can not service.

The article I read stated that some franchise owners were paying to have an employee trained to service the ice cream machine, so that they could have more "up time"

The article said that the ice cream machine has some super sophisticated clean cycle that takes 4 hours to complete,,
If the machine stops for any reason during the clean, a service guy must be called in,,

Does this sound like the new clean diesel issues that are so commonly discussed here on the forum?
Is this ice cream machine diesel powered? :eek:
Is the ice cream being made out of DEF fluid?? o_O

What are your thoughts?? :unsure:

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #2  
Paint ‘em GREEN :ROFLMAO:

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #3  
It's all part of a Communist plot!!!! First McDonald's, then the world!!!

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #4  
The article said that the ice cream machine has some super sophisticated clean cycle that takes 4 hours to complete,,
This is the real reason. Its not that they actually break all that often, but that they are almost always in some sort of cleaning cycle due to some newer fairly strict rules (use to be nightly). It's just easier for the employee to say 'it's down' than to say 'be back in 2hrs after its done doing its 3rd cleaning of the day'.

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #5  
I, like everyone else, has noticed the McD ice cream machines spend too much time inoperable,,

The Federal government is investigating McD's ice cream machines,,
it appears that the machines are "overly sophisticated",
and when they stop working,, an outside service guy needs to be called in.

If you read the articles, it appears that the Feds are placing the ice cream machines in the same category as the John Deere tractors that owners can not service.
Wasn't even aware McDonalds sold ice cream, sure wouldn't be my first stop if I was in the mood, but putting this in perspective how many TBN'ers have an I-phone or for that matter any modern consumer electronics? If it breaks, or the battery dies you might as well toss it. Most are not made to be repaired, nor are parts available to other than authorized repair centers. Sheesh, you almost need a college degree to be able to figure out how to operate a lot of this stuff!

Welcome to the 21st century.

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #6  
Swore off McDonalds sometime back. All the ones in our area are mismanaged and hire employees that don't give a rat's ass if they provide a service or not. They don't keep the customer areas clean and I assume the kitchens are no better. It doesn't have to be that way. Just visit a Chic Filet. The employees are friendly and the store is kept clean most of the time.

Not in tune with the new Deeres but both of the older ones I've owned were pretty bullet proof. I don't think Deere has a patent on new emission issues. It's like the foul running cars of the 80s trying to get a handle on new regs. Now cars are running cleaner and lasting longer than they ever did. Good thing since they cost more than I paid for my house. Diesel will either figure it out or go away.

I'm not planing on buying anything new as long as i can repair what I have.

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #7  
I guess I am not part of "Everyone else". I have zero use for Mc Gross-Me-outs (the name I call McDonald's). I do not know or care about their ice cream machine.
Additionally, I think the government has nothing to say about it and should stay out of it.

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #8  
I guess I am not part of "Everyone else". I have zero use for Mc Gross-Me-outs (the name I call McDonald's). I do not know or care about their ice cream machine.
Additionally, I think the government has nothing to say about it and should stay out of it.
Wut?

/ Are John Deere Tractors the same as McDonalds Ice Cream Machines?? #9  
I don't like ice cream, so it's not an issue for me. But when my wife was going through Chemo and radiation treatment for Colon Cancer 3 years ago, one of the safe foods that she could eat was a plane McDonalds hamburger. Due to the damage that was being done to her while killing off the cancer, her gut was ultra sensitive. Those burgers really made a huge difference in her nutrition. For the month that she was hospitalized, I bought her one every day. And then when she was back home, I continued to buy her one every day for about another month or so. I have no idea what it was about McDonalds burgers, but everyone at the Hospital and Cancer Center knew about them.