Are the linebach plows a good plow

/ Are the linebach plows a good plow #1  

charlton289

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 massey ferguson GC 1705
I have a chance to get a compact tractor plow for a good price I was just wondering if they a good plow for a GC 1705 it's a leinbach line plow 12 inch for a 150.00

/ Are the linebach plows a good plow #2  
Nothing wrong with a Leinbach plow for $150.

However, I doubt it will fit your GC1705, which I suspect has only 9" ground clearance.

A 12" plow will turn earth satisfactorily only from 5" to 7" deep. You may be able to mount the Leinbach on your Three Point Hitch but your 9" ground clearance, rather than 12" ground clearance, will throw the plow geometry way off.

Both everytfhingattachments.com and King Kutter make plows designed specifically for subcompact tractors @ $750.

/ Are the linebach plows a good plow
OK thanks that's why I asked I grew up with a old tow behind with a old 1937 Oliver never used a 3pt hitch plow

OK thanks that's why I asked I grew up with a old tow behind with a old 1937 Oliver never used a 3pt hitch plow and also used a old catapillar 15 to pull in the wet fields

/ Are the linebach plows a good plow #5  
The dirt contact part of the plows for subcompact tractors are the same. The plow masts, which attach to the tractor's Three Point Hitch, have reduced dimensions.

I got more info on the plow it is for a compact tractor the owner has a b series Kubota tractor he used it on

/ Are the linebach plows a good plow #8  
Kubota 'B' series has 12" to 14" ground clearance.

I believe your subcompact GC1705 has 9" ground clearance.

Yup it does I think I am going to possible get a tiller for it

/ Are the linebach plows a good plow #10  
Consider a Middlebuster for a small garden. King Kutter makes Middlebusters for subcompacts, maybe others. Not for really tough soil.

VIDEO: middle buster - YouTube

Last edited: