ASV RC100 Track not working- any advice?

/ ASV RC100 Track not working- any advice? #1  

tuckinlugz

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 ASV RC100 & '06 Kubota R520S
I was mulching yesterday and started hearing a wierd noise. It sounded kind of like the last time one of my bearings went out. I couldn't see anything wrong when I inspected. So I worked a little more.

Then when I would turn I would hear a popping noise like the lugs were jumping on the track. I got out again to look. The track is not loose, I didn't see any sticks or anything stuck anywhere. So I worked a little more.

The whole left track is now not moving at all. I did notice that after it broke, that the loader arms to longer than usual to respond on the controller.

So I am thinking that maybe:

1. It's a blown hose under the cab. I cannot see any hose damage on the outside.

2. It's an electrical issue.... bad solenoid, joystick, fuse or relay?

3. The pump or drive motor for the track is bad.

Does anyone know if the tracks have individual pumps? Or do they run off the same pump?

I am also having a battery issue that may be involved in this problem.

The battery was dead the other day so I jumped it off. But the alternator never charged. Got the battery and alternator tested and they are both fine. I cleaned the connections at the battery, they looked a little dirty, and put it on the charger (from the rear posts) for a couple of hours. Went to the job and it started up. Worked for 1.5 hrs and turned it off to inspect the undercarriage with the track issue. Tried to turn it back on and the battery is dead again.

So somehow the alternator is not charging the battery. There is a 5 amp fuse, that didn't look blown, and an ALT diode in the fuse box.

When I go back to the site I will check the connections from the battery and everything at the starter. Maybe something is loose there, but it's right next to the turbo so it was too hot to look at yesterday.

And I did wash out the machine last week and maybe something electrical got wet and messed up? THeres a lot of relays in the fuse box, so I am not sure whats going on, and I am scared to call the dealership to find out how much it costs for them to come out....

Any help would be appreciated!

/ ASV RC100 Track not working- any advice? #2  
I have a PT-100 and I have had a similar problem in the past. Same issue with recranking after shutting down. Also, ac and rpm guage wouldn't work. After several hours of work the machine hydros would be weak. Finally figuredout that the belt on the alternator was loose and when running at working rps the battery wouldn't charge. And believe it or not would make the hydros weak. Tightened the belt and haven't had that problem since.

/ ASV RC100 Track not working- any advice? #3  
check the ground under the battery its under the cab this is a common problem on the rcs clean it and put a jam nut on it so it cant viberate loose

/ ASV RC100 Track not working- any advice?
Now that you say that I think I heard some squealing the day before. The belts have come loose before. I will check it out on Tuesday when I get back out to the job. Thanks for yur replies!

Well, the loose belt seems to have been the battery problem. But the track is still not working.

Somehow the drive motor is not turning. It acts like there is something stuck (like a stick) in the track system keeping it from working. There was a loose jam nut on a 90 fitting for this track coming from the pump but it wasn't leaking. I tightend it up and looked for any broken electrical connections and cannot find anything in the track.

One pump seems to control both tracks so I don't think it's the pump.

So maybe it's the track drive motor itself, or broken bearings in the bogies that have caused it to freeze up?

Got it towed to the dealership. They say the drive motor in the track is bad. They're going to give me some pricing tomorrow for new, & used. We'll see what happens.

/ ASV RC100 Track not working- any advice? #7  
Will terex have all of the same problems that asv has had in the past?

Dealer says its a bad drive motor. 2500 for a new one plus another 500 labor......

/ ASV RC100 Track not working- any advice? #9  
i have one . its in a 2008 pt 100 423 284-3463

/ ASV RC100 Track not working- any advice? #10  
Dealer says its a bad drive motor. 2500 for a new one plus another 500 labor......

I feel your pain. I went through two of them. One of them was under warranty thankfully. Hope you get 'er goin soon.