At the hay !

/ At the hay ! #11  
Ditto on the biggest square bales I've ever seen. Up around here it is all round bales (varying sizes) or the "regular" small square bales.

/ At the hay ! #12  
Wish I could get some of that dry weather up here.

Ive only gotten 25% of my hay off so far due to all the Rain.

I cant get 3 days in a row of Dry weather to line up with my weekends and Vacation (I work full time off the farm)

I was off last week on vacation (primarily to get the hay off) and we got T-storms or rain every 2nd or 3rd day. Some of my fields I cant even get to now since the ditches are full of water. Crazy wet up here this spring and summer.

Thats a nice looking setup you have there, hay looks great

/ At the hay !
Ditto on the biggest square bales I've ever seen. Up around here it is all round bales (varying sizes) or the "regular" small square bales.

These are 3x3x7.5 . We havent had any rain since 24th of may, One load to texas and one to oregon yesterday , seems ridiculous the miles that hay is trucked !

/ At the hay ! #14  
Don't mean to hijack the thread but here's my mine, baling coastal bermuda first cutting a month late in July due to spring drought. This hay carries my cows through 5 months in winter without any supplemental feed. This cutting yielded almost 3 tons per acre, will get 1 more cutting if we get some rain. Cured for 3 days, fluffed twice in ideal hot dry weather. 4x6 bales, 1300 lbs actual weight, per scale.

Attachments

• Hay Raking 2.JPG
    Hay Raking 2.JPG
    762 KB · Views: 276
  • Bale 1.JPG
    Bale 1.JPG
    714.1 KB · Views: 460
   / At the hay ! #15  
I'm only 1/2 done my hay, despite pushing to be done in June! Too wet. A lot of guys would say that TW is too small for that baler but seems to be working fine! No hills I suppose is the trick.

/ At the hay !
Don't mean to hijack the thread but here's my mine, baling coastal bermuda first cutting a month late in July due to spring drought. This hay carries my cows through 5 months in winter without any supplemental feed. This cutting yielded almost 3 tons per acre, will get 1 more cutting if we get some rain. Cured for 3 days, fluffed twice in ideal hot dry weather. 4x6 bales, 1300 lbs actual weight, per scale.

Nice rake gabby .. Very good looking bales too !

Last edited:
   / At the hay !
I'm only 1/2 done my hay, despite pushing to be done in June! Too wet. A lot of guys would say that TW is too small for that baler but seems to be working fine! No hills I suppose is the trick.

138 PTO hp does'nt bother it at all , Guy who had the baler before me ran 3 of them on 110 PTO hp IH's .

Found a few more pics .

/ At the hay ! #19  
Great pics! How many tons per acre D7E?

/ At the hay ! #20  
What's that you've got running the baler? Looks like a 7700 that we used to have. I always liked that tractor. Perhaps a little bigger? TW-20?