Backhoe Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #51  
But, as I said, you're both free to use whatever you can strap to your investment. All the rest of us can do is warn you of the risks, and NOT risk our hard earned money. Does it void the entire warranty? Most likely not. Do I want to have to battle over what failures were caused by not following the Mahindra warranty? Nope. Not worth the aggravation.

Last edited:
   / Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #52  
ive got 1700 ft of water line to dig. root bound septic line to replace, and a footer for a cabin. just for starters. im gonna be logging with it. in fact im building a log arch as we speak. so i dont want no sissy backhoe. what could i exspect from a 35 to 40 hp would that give me enough grunt?

Tough as a old boot

IMG_20130902_151153[1].jpg
4-11-13 Backhoe (1).jpg

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch
If an 85B backhoe is attached by a subframe, how difficult is it to change to a hay fork or box blade?

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #55  
A lot of uneducated customers think that they are going to buy a small backhoe, and plan on just plucking out tree stumps in one swipe. I have experience with many that don't think I know what I am talking about when I tell them they are expecting way to much out of the backhoe.

If you saw what I've dug out with my Max 22 you'd be impressed. It took more than "one swipe" but it's a diggin' machine. I've dug out stumps that I couldn't lift with the front bucket. The thumb is worth its weight in gold moving rocks and logs.

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #57  
https://www.kubota.com/assets/warranty/kubota_warranty.pdf

Right there on Page 4, 7th item...

This Warranty Does NOT Cover Failures
Caused By:
Abusive operation
Natural calamities
Unauthorized modifications
Improper repairs
Use of non-Genuine Kubota parts
Neglected maintenance/incorrect
operation (specified in Operatorç—´ Manual)
Unapproved attachments
Usage which is contrary to the intended
purpose

That has to be the most vague disclaimer I've ever seen (I read the entire warranty PDF btw., and that is the only mention and it's really not a fast rule but a hold harmless for Kubota so they can determine if the failure was caused by abuse or not..... I abuse my units all the time, that is what they are for....

So tell me what is considered an 'unapproved attachment??? It's still phooey. From day one I've used 'attachments from New Holland, John Deere, Geihl and other manufacturers. Thats the way farming is. Besides, Kubota don't produce the 'attachments' I need or use and if they did, I'd probably not have them anyway.

But then, I don't run sub compact tractors. The little tractors would fit nicely in the bucket of either my M9 or 105X. The 105 can pick up a Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4. I've done that before.

Kinda reminds me of the 'You must use Kubota fluids and filters or it voids your warranty... thats big phooey as well. Neither of my units, except for the initial fluid fills from the factory have ever seen any Kubota fluids. I will say I use Kubota filters because Messicks sells them at competitive to Fleet Guard prices but fluid wise, nope.

Years and years and years ago, probably before you even knew what a Kubota was and long before this forum even existed, I had a 16 horse pto Kubota with a Kubota branded 3ph mount backhoe that I sold. I never had issue one with it either. Mounted on the Cat 1 lift arms with a top mount torque link and PTO driven pump....right from Kubota.

Your warranty blurb leaves a whole bunch of intrepretation latitude, a whole bunch. I have a bit more invested than most on here in power units and I've never had a qualm about using them. I believe I use my units much harder than and CUT owner would... and I have ho issues with either, except maybe tires but thats because I do tillage with them so slippage in FWA is commonplace.

They ain't garage queens....

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #58  
When I was backhoe shopping my local Mahindra dealer told me they would not stand behind failures because of a non-frame mounted bh. These guys are selling these practically in my back yard and was tempted by the price for sure. Backhoe - Value Leader Implements
I ended up buying a sub-frame Mahindra bh. I put her to work. Shes not the biggest or most powerful of a big hoe but she does what I need it for. After using it, I can understand how hard on the tractor a backhoe is on a tractor, especially how hard this little MAX works for its size.

Attachments

• 20151004_155258.jpg
    20151004_155258.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 344
  • stump.jpg
    stump.jpg
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 202
   / Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #59  
If an 85B backhoe is attached by a subframe, how difficult is it to change to a hay fork or box blade?

I can see from watching the video (post 54) that the lower links are removed entirely. That may, or may not be easy (it isn't on either of my Kubota units. I'm Cat II-III and everything is heavy and cumbersome. In the video, the BH is powered by the tractor hydraulics. I prefer a remote pump and always have but that is my preference.

Whatever you run on the back besides the hoe, you'll be attaching and removing the lower links and stay bars every time you change from a hoe to a pull behind implement.

With my tractors, that entails not only removing the lower links and stay bars but the adjustable lift links and clevis assemblies on both sides. Seems to me like careful use of a 3PH mounted hoe would be less time consuming on changeout.

I change implements many times in a week. 2 power units run 7 different implements not including rear bale spears and box blades.

Cute little tractor in that video btw.

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #60  
Don't believe you have to totally remove the lower links completely. They unhook and swing out of the way.

While your M9000 is more than twice the HP, it looks to be only about 1200 lbs heavier than my 4025 operating weight. Other than that, it's within a few inches of the dimensions, width, height, length, for 4wd ROPS,if the specs listed on TractorData, Richies, etc. are correct. Or are we talking about two different tractors? I run out of traction long before I run out of power. I'm wondering what that extra 50hp does, other than spin the tires? You do, of course, have more PTO power, but I don't need to run a 12' batwing or sicklebar.