Attaching PTO shaft on BX2200

Anonymous Poster

This was the only frustration on my new BX so far.

We unhooked the PHD and tried to install the rototiller yesterday. After fighting and fighting to get our hands/arms in close enough to try to hook the PTO to the tractor unsuccessfully, son and I took the PTO shield off to get access.

Now I know that shield is important, but do you guy remove/install that thing with each implement change? I didn't.

Or am I missing something simple to make it easier to install?

If there's not a simiple solution, I might fab a shield that just covers the top, to still allow some hand room to do the hookup.

Oh, did you get a PTO shaft cover with yours? I didn't seem to. And is there a shaft cover for the Mid Mount PTO shaft? Didn't find one for that either.

Thanks,
Ron

LarryG

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I have a BX2200 and the only problem per say that I have with the PTO shaft is once in a while I will have to raise the tiller to just take the pressure off the tiller to turn it a hair to align the shaft. Other than that I don't have any trouble. It slides on and clicks in.

OP
A

Anonymous Poster

I have aWoods gto40 tiller that can be a bear if you hook up to the 3ph before connecting the pto. I found it best to get lined up and then pull forward a few inches, hook up the shaft, and then back up to connect the 3ph.
hope this helps.
DaveL

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
Ron,

Building a dolly with some 2 x 4 and wheels helps with this process if you have a solid floor to move the dolly around on. I have dollies for all my attachments, it just makes things go much faster.

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
not real familar with the bx but imagine it can't be too much different than my b2400, i just hook up the 3 pt and raise the implement to a straight line with the pto and slide the pto shaft on(might have to turn the tractor shaft a bit ) but it normally goes right on and clicks(locks) with no problem.
p.s would love to see a pic of that old MCORMACK DEERING . STILL GOT THE STEEL WHEELS ON IT? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

surfran

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
Did you flip up the cover above the PTO? Sometimes that gives you the extra room you need to get your hands in there. If it was a length issue from the shaft itself, then I agree with Dave that you sometimes have to hook up the PTO shaft before hooking the 3-pt. I have to do that with my bagger before I hook the top portion up or I am SOL.