Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending

/ Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending #1  

creekbend

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400
I was cooking supper and I just overheard this report on the Evening News. Dozens of Beagle dogs were just rescued from a now closed research lab in Spain. They had been kept in cages their entire lives. They were poked and prodded, and had never had the chance to go outside, walk on grass, or play and roam like other dogs. They are now in Los Angeles, and are in the process of being adopted. The news report showed several of the dogs exiting their cages, and they were confused on what to do next or where to go, because they had never been out of their cages. So sad. I am sure that pet owners here on TBN would definitely find these conditions somewhat deplorable. Your comments?

/ Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending #2  
Hat's off to the folks who rescued them.....those dogs deserve much better than that.....

I too was moved to see those beagle faces coming out of cages......They looked in pretty good health though the news said they were not...

They'll make very good companions to someone out there.....:)

(not that I'm prejudice or anything....:thumbsup:)

/ Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending #3  
Saw the same news report. Kizzie, our beagle gave it a "Paws up".

/ Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending #4  
We had beagles when I was a kid. If you love dogs you can't help not loving a beagle. No other dog like them.

/ Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending
We had beagles when I was a kid. If you love dogs you can't help not loving a beagle. No other dog like them.
My neighbor, Harvey, has 13 Beagles. He went squirrel hunting on our place a couple weeks ago and he told me earlier this week that he was going to run them this weekend up in Virginia. He usually runs no more than 3 at a time though. I don't know which he loves more-his horses or his Beagles?

/ Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending #6  
That was a good article with a happy ending.

/ Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending #7  
I'm heading out tomorrow early am for the White Mountains, I can tell you first hand I'm thrilled with mine.....

Them running rabbits is like watching a little league game and your kids are pitching and catching......

Christmas Pass 2010 - YouTube

/ Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending #8  
I saw the storey as well, I was surprised they could run around so well for spending their entire life in crates.

JB

/ Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending
I saw the storey as well, I was surprised they could run around so well for spending their entire life in crates.

JB
The film footage showed the dogs after they were brought to Los Angeles. My thoughts are that they had been recuperating there before adoption processes were started. The broadcast did not make any mention of when the research lab in Spain was shut down. If they mentioned it, I surely did not hear any date mentioned.

/ Attention Dog Lovers- Sad beginning but good ending #10  
30 years ago I worked as a supervisor in the air cargo business (Flying Tigers) and remember shipments of pallets full of cages stacked high with beagle dogs being shipped god knows where, probably for experimentation. You would walk up to the cages and the crying of the dogs, begging for a scrap of human acknowledgement and kindness has haunted me ever since.

Glad these dogs got saved.