ATV on City Streets

/ ATV on City Streets #1  

jerrybob

Tractor
yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter
We can now drive ATV's on city streets posted at 35mph or less. You need a special license plate, a horn, turn signals if driven at night and an authorized certification (which is a one time cost of $50 by a certified mechanic). The certification is a bit of a joke.....the guy looks at your ATV....makes sure you have a horn....tests your turn signals if you have them and sends the state a form. Good gimmick!! Any other towns letting you legally ride ATVs??

/ ATV on City Streets #2  
I know it is legal here in Nebraska and I have seen plenty in Wyoming. I believe Wyoming even has plates.

/ ATV on City Streets #3  
Ive heard of that and seen a few. Its nice if the roads are posted for the speed limit.. I wonder If it is financially doable ,as I would think you would need insurance????Migth as well put on a blade and call it a tractor and register lol
We can now drive ATV's on city streets posted at 35mph or less. You need a special license plate, a horn, turn signals if driven at night and an authorized certification (which is a one time cost of $50 by a certified mechanic). The certification is a bit of a joke.....the guy looks at your ATV....makes sure you have a horn....tests your turn signals if you have them and sends the state a form. Good gimmick!! Any other towns letting you legally ride ATVs??

/ ATV on City Streets #4  
Surprised to hear of that. Are helmets required? You crash a ATV at even 20 mph, you are likely going over the handlebars, head first.

/ ATV on City Streets #5  
Around here they open certain streets in the various towns to ATVs. Stray off those roads (even if they are dirt and seasonal use AND open to snowmobiles) and you will be ticketed. Just need a registered machine and insurance

/ ATV on City Streets #6  
I was up in Riverside Wy. a few year back and there was almost as many ATV type vehicles running around in town as cars. We have some outlaws running up and down the county road here but not legally. Never see a cop on my roads unless called upon.

/ ATV on City Streets #7  
It sounds like another good way for the alcoholics who lose their licenses to travel all over place like the ones in SC on the mopeds. No license, no insurance, just a moped tag and 20mph clogging up the roads...business as usual.

/ ATV on City Streets
Surprised to hear of that. Are helmets required? You crash a ATV at even 20 mph, you are likely going over the handlebars, head first.

Yea....they do require helmets. Interesting.....not legally required off road.

/ ATV on City Streets #9  
We have a couple guys, paraplegic, that putt around in golf carts. ATV's not legal on public roads.

/ ATV on City Streets #10  
Big thing around here is towns deciding if they are going to allow golf carts on town streets. Have not heard of atv's on town streets.