ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!!

/ ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!! #11  
We had the same questions this year and wanting to upgrade to a side-by-side machine so I can carry additional people or equipment around the farm ant at the lease.

We ended up going with a used, low hours Kubota RTV 900 (Thanks, Two Guns). Over the past several months we have put the RTV to the test and it has passed every one. With the wet season we are having in East Texas this year it has been a real asset. Have not met a mud hole at the lease or the farm yet I would be afraid to go through even loaded. It is heavy so we have made a few mud holes bigger and will need to rework some of the trails when it dries out.

We were at the lease a couple of weeks ago and left the truck and trailer in our usual parking/turn around place. Rained all afternoon while we were there. Could not turn the truck around with the trailer attached and the slick highway tires on the wet clay. Dropped the trailer and used the RTV with my 15 year old grandson driving the RTV to winch the Truck around to solid ground. Then hooked the heavy lowboy to the RTV and the grandson drove it to the highway down a steep slick hill. The transmission on the RTV kept the trailer from pushing the RTV down the hill. I continue to be amazed at what the RTV will do.

As far a going fast 20+ MPH on my lease trails is plenty fast for me.

/ ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!! #12  
I don't know why you are hung up on twin cylinder ATV's.I have owned Honda,Suzuki,Kawasaki,and Yamahas from 110cc's to 660 cc's ,all single cylinders with no problems.I still own a 1998 Kawasaki 400 Prairie that has 3000 plus miles on it(Liquid cooled),change the oil in the spring and ride it.
The 360 you own is air-cooled,maybe some of your problem.Most of the twin cylinder atv's are high performance machines,tough on gas,lots of power you may not need.
We currently own two 400 prairies,yamaha grizzley(660),kawasaki Teryx.and a Yamaha Rhino(450),only the Teryx is a twin(750) a nice machine but a bear on fuel.:)

I'd also add that a large single-cylinder will usually have much more low-end torque (i.e. pulling power) than a twin of the same displacement...

Twins typically produce their max torque and max horsepower at higher RPMs...

/ ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!! #13  
Single cylinder quads are fine...I had a Big Bear 350, single cylinder and carbed. It gave no problems at all. it was a really good quad, did everyting I wanted it to do.

/ ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!! #14  
I just got a 03 foreman 450. Single cylinder, tons of pulling power. I think anything over 500cc is overkill unless you need to spin huge tires in mud. For normal use, get a newish 450-500.

/ ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!! #15  
We like our quads for working in our dense woods where it is too tight for a UTV or tractor. We also ride trails in Wisconsin.

I had a 02 450 ES Foreman I put over 8,000 miles on with zero trouble. I traded it for a 2008 500 Foreman ES with power steering. I always had a hard time backing a trailer with the 450 but with PS I can sit side saddle and back the trailer with one hand. So far it's been trouble free as well at around 1000 miles.

/ ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!! #16  
I have had honda 300 never leave you in the wood and work like a horse yamaha 660 gizzly same always bring you home but need to be fixed when you get home the rhino 700 trouble with the clutch and took out revers already $1100.49 to put back in and that was the wife driving now the Brut force the dealer here gave up the biz because of the clutch always needing adjusting but it is a twin so for the best bike the 300 Honda the other Honda's ??????? don't know if this helps but heads up on the brut

/ ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!! #17  
Until now, you must have got an idea that whether it is about ATV vs UTV or RTV vs ATV, it all depends on some basic factors such as your budget estimation, your usage, and your ideal space.
But the only thing that matters the most is all of these three variations are good at what they do both for work and recreation purposes.
For Full review ChecK: offroadlounge.com/atv-vs-utv-vs-rtv/

/ ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!! #18  
Same ole "axe to grind" from me...

Make sure you know how to read the D.O.M. in the vin, so you don't end up paying full price for something "new", that has been sitting on the lot for 2-3 years...

/ ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!! #19  
Until now, you must have got an idea that whether it is about ATV vs UTV or RTV vs ATV, it all depends on some basic factors such as your budget estimation, your usage, and your ideal space.
But the only thing that matters the most is all of these three variations are good at what they do both for work and recreation purposes.
1 post and bringing up a 13 yo thread?
Hmmmmmmmm :unsure:

/ ATV, UTV, RTV, I'm confused!!!!!!! #20  
1 post and bringing up a 13 yo thread?
Hmmmmmmmm :unsure:
Hmmmmmmmm and with a link to click in the post. But it looks OK.