Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller

/ Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller #1  

Milo

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 3520, Ferris Z2100, Kawasaki Mule Pro MX, Honda Pioneer 520
It is a Titan tree puller but it will be used by me as a bush and bramble puller and so far I really like how well it works. (I haven't had much success on this stuff with the grapple.) I first tried this small olive w/o any ballast just to see and all that happened was the rear of the L2501 raised, but after connecting the ballast box, even though the ground was hard and dry, it had no problem yanking it out along with a few barberry, rose and other small to medium olives.

/ Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller #2  
Mine also works for willow, poplar, buckthorn, blackberry, elm, mulberry, & locust but other than that ... :sneaky:

It's the 'other' grapple you wonder how you ever lived without.

/ Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller #3  
I have a similar Danuser Intimdator that it’s real good for weed trees and bushes. Grip low, lift and driving forward increases pulling power while being stable. Sure helps this old man keep up.

With any grapple best to improve your grill guard to help prevent damage clearing brush.

/ Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller #4  
Now I'm thinking about building one of these to fit on my payloader.... I could rip out decent size trees with that

/ Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller #5  
With any grapple best to improve your grill guard to help prevent damage clearing brush.

Attachments

• Grill guard sm.jpg
    Grill guard sm.jpg
    804.7 KB · Views: 558

/ Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller #6  
I've had the same experience with my STP-25 tree puller by landpride. It makes it easier to grab something that has either smaller stalks or multiple stems that may slip through the normal grapple. In either case, it is nice to be able to pull these and stack them and then come back and move them. Anything is better than doing that by hand. Darn multi-flora.

/ Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller
I worked on pulling olive and rose again yesterday, it's so easy with this attachment I only wish I'd have bought one earlier. I was pleasantly surprised my tractor was able to pull out this fairly large multi olive bush/tree especially given the dry ground.

Perhaps more surprising (and equally important) is how it can grab on to the smallest little stalk like this single multiflora rose plant.

/ Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller #8  
Looks good. I have been surprised by the size of tree I can remove from the ground. If you haven't already had this happen, you need to be careful of a few things. Your puller does not have a top "push bar" that extends up a few feet and angles out. As you get more and more comfortable you may begin taking larger trees. My STP-25 didn't have one and I started pulling things 20' high. If it gets loose or pivots it is coming at you. I ended up with a face full of tree one day. If you find you are rocking a tree back and forth that doesn't want to come up, if you go in reverse TOO hard you'll do an endo on the front wheels. I see you have ballast which is good (as do I) but I still have done it and it never gets less sketchy. My grill is also still not protected and I did have a pin-oak limb come right through the plastic and luckily miss the radiator. Your tractor will push into things, but it can go through the grill and into the vitals.

I love the comparison of the twig vs. bush ;). It is a versatile tool.

/ Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller #9  
Now I'm thinking about building one of these to fit on my payloader.... I could rip out decent size trees with that
For trees you should consider this clamp style tree puller:
__5769526.jpg
Buckthorn.jpg

Or the Long Arm style that I have:
Buckthorn FB.jpg
P4090022.JPG

/ Autumn olive and multiflora rose puller #10  
Wow!! Looks like a handy tool. I am covered up with privet, this looks like it would really clear some privet out.