Aux switches 2005 Ford F-250

/ Aux switches 2005 Ford F-250 #1  

redharley

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2230
After installing a salt spreader on thhe back of my pickup I thought it would be great to use one of the Aux switches located on the r/side of steering colum on dash to power it up.I looked for a long time to find the location if the wires,some said under dash,under hood L/side.I think I found them up under dash by fuse box.Some are have little black pastic cover on wire after removing black plastic I still have no power to these with all 4 switches turned on and key on.the local Ford shop said the should be ready to use,I can't find any fuse's marked for these AUX switches.Any help out there? Thanks

/ Aux switches 2005 Ford F-250 #2  
   / Aux switches 2005 Ford F-250
Thanks BXinNH that really helped.

/ Aux switches 2005 Ford F-250 #4  
I used one of mine on my 06 F-350 for a high idle hook up and a second for my Sat Radio. I had to do nothing but hook up and find a ground. I believe 2 are 15 amp and 2 are 30 amp.

Chris.

You are correct diamondpilot,I have found them but could you or anyone else tell me if they only work when the truck is running? Mine seem to have no power with the key in the on position but do when truck is running.Is this correct?

/ Aux switches 2005 Ford F-250 #6  
Mine only work with the truck running.

Chris

/ Aux switches 2005 Ford F-250 #7  
Those aux switches should work with key on / engine off.

I have hooked all mine up and everyone else I know is the same. They are powered with just key on. (except the high idle would require the engine be running)

If the little orange light on the switch lights up, everything is energized.

Thanks for the info guy's,sld you are right switches are powered with the key in on position.I was trying to use the other bundle thats up there some the same colors with little black caps.After locating correct bundle of four all is well and my spreader is ready for action.