B.F Avery Photos

/ B.F Avery Photos #1  

RDrancher

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland
I snapped a few photos of this tractor today at the local fuel and eat. Anyone know what year and model this is?
Avery01.jpg Avery02.jpg Avery03.jpg

/ B.F Avery Photos #2  
Don't have a clue but it sure is a cute little thing!! that RTV behind it is almost bigger than it is!! It sure looks to be in nice shape hopwever!! Someone scored big with that one.

Cheers

Roger

/ B.F Avery Photos #3  
Looks like an R. They were made in 1950-51. My dad has one, although not as polished.

Joe

/ B.F Avery Photos #4  
I snapped a few photos of this tractor today at the local fuel and eat. Anyone know what year and model this is?

Actually it is a Model A with a Hercules IXB series engine. Mine has the factory hyraulics. As for the year, late 40's to early 50's is as close as I can get you. Minneapolis Moline purchased BF Avery in '52.

/ B.F Avery Photos
Thanks for the info. There are a lot of tractors around here, but when I see something like this one, I'll stop and take notice. I wish I could've gotten a better pic of the hood badge...pretty dang cool!

/ B.F Avery Photos #6  
Actually it is a Model A with a Hercules IXB series engine. Mine has the factory hyraulics. As for the year, late 40's to early 50's is as close as I can get you. Minneapolis Moline purchased BF Avery in '52.

Oops! You're right. The grille should have been a dead giveaway.

Joe

/ B.F Avery Photos #7  
Oops! You're right. The grille should have been a dead giveaway.

Joe

Yep, the grille and the hydraulic system or lack thereof. I have a B F Avery that has been converted to a MM-BF using the factory supplied update package. My father bought this tractor new in 1950 as an Avery R. When M-M purchased Avery, they upgraded the hydraulic system, added a 3-point hitch and re-labeled the tractor as a M-M Model BF. M-M also made an upgrade package available to owners of an Avery R that would add improved hydraulic system and add a 3-point hitch. My father bought that package and he, my brother, and I installed it and re-painted the tractor and attached the new decals. The paint and decals were also in the package.

The disk harrow behind the tractor is an I-H purchased by my father in 1949.

Bill