B-Series tractors - tool box location

/ B-Series tractors - tool box location #1  

bpence

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100 HST - 1995
One of the dilemas of owning a compact Kubota is finding a place to mount a tool box. I found that a "tool bag" hung on a j-bolt attached to the ROPS works OK, but I also found that it often times blocks my vision while working backwards with the back blade. So, I came up with another solution that seems to be more viable.

On my 1995 B7100, and most of the other small Kubotas, there are grab handles mounted to each fender. I've always found getting on a tractor is kind of like getting on a horse, usually done from the left side. So, I figured I could somehow attach my tool box to the right hand grab handle. Lots of possibilites went through my engineering challenged mind, and actually, things worked out better than I had originally envisioned. On the right grab handle I attached a 1x2 using 2 u-bolts. Then, I attached a piece of 3/4" plywood, 6"x18" to the top of the 1x2, screwing it into the 1x2 with wood screws. I used a rubbermaid tool box (plastic - about 13"Lx6"Dx5"H) that I had picked up some time ago for something, drilled a hole in the bottom and another in the plywood, and used one bolt to attach the tool box. That left room enough on the front of the new little platform to attach a nice cup holder....one that securely holds 16 oz. pop bottles. (I'd never abandon the Chalkley Cup, just providing beverage holding options) I think I'll change the 1x2 to angle slotted steel when I get a chance and then bolt the plywood plate to the angle steel. Probably provide greater strength. Might look into an ammo box, too.

Anyway, seems to be working great. I don't remember ever using the right fender grab handle, so I don't miss not having it available. I did some snow pile knock-down on Sunday and the little platform worked out just fine. Kept my pop bottle securely in the cup holder and the tool box was still attached after an hour or so of work. Can't wait to try it out during mowing season.

I'm headed out of town for a week or so, but will try and post a picture or two when I get back. Might be an idea someone else can use or adapt for their own use.

Bob Pence
18-33782-bobsig.gif

/ B-Series tractors - tool box location #2  
Bob,

Any pictures yet?

Peter

/ B-Series tractors - tool box location #4  
Soon. Thanks for reminding me. I'll take a couple this coming weekend.

Bob Pence

Hello Bob,
How long should we be standing by waiting for pictures?
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Best regards,
Nolan Scheid

/ B-Series tractors - tool box location #6  
FEL mounted ammo boxes
20200415_130624.jpg 20200415_130645.jpg 20200415_130703.jpg
BX ammo boxes
20200424_122236.jpg 20200424_122357.jpg

/ B-Series tractors - tool box location #7  
IMG_1017.JPG

5x5” square tubing and ammo box on B26. Holds chainsaw, chain, long handle tools, hand tools, pins etc.

/ B-Series tractors - tool box location #8  
20161222_115740.jpg20161222_115715.jpg

I fabbed this one up. Nice clean look and easy to get in and out with chains and straps

/ B-Series tractors - tool box location #9  
Soon. Thanks for reminding me. I'll take a couple this coming weekend.

Bob Pence

Hello Bob,
How long should we be standing by waiting for pictures?
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Best regards,
Nolan Scheid

He probably doesn't even have the tractor anymore.... his last post was in 2004..... just sayin....