B29 Overheard

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Sitting in my living room at 8:30pm EST and hear radial engines. Look on flight radar and there she is.

Anyone south of Chicago might hear it in a few minutes.

1B922E06-785D-4A1B-B5E0-26FEC0950BC9.jpeg

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Nothing like the sound of those old radial engines. One Sunday morning early, I heard the throb of those old engines; I ran out side, and there was a Texan and two B-25 headed North over the house. My neighbor ran out too; turns out he was a sheet metal worker who repaired these old planes during WWII.

OP
MossRoad

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
Nothing like the sound of those old radial engines. One Sunday morning early, I heard the throb of those old engines; I ran out side, and there was a Texan and two B-25 headed North over the house. My neighbor ran out too; turns out he was a sheet metal worker who repaired these old planes during WWII.
I still see the occasional DC3 flying over. But mostly it's summer time and the war birds are on the air show circuit. A great sound indeed!

shovelmike

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO35 , Mahindra eMax 22, Hustler Super Z
Great sounding engines! Farmers around me hire a local crop duster powered by radial. He makes his turn around over my place.

shovelmike

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO35 , Mahindra eMax 22, Hustler Super Z
Thanks for sharing that, MossRoad, pure music to my ears.

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
July 2001 I was working in NY, staying at what must be the only motel in the country without AC. The other crew had gone back to Canada because of the temps, and when a football player died of heat exhaustion in training camp I decided to take a few days off.

Going back through Burlington VT in my "sort of air-conditioned" Toyota with my dog in the back seat there was an air show going on. Several fighter planes went low overhead. I wanted badly to stop and watch, but had to keep going as moving was the only way we could stay somewhat cool. Yet I've never forgotten the planes flying overhead in formation.

dmccarty

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4700
Florida used to use DC-3's to spray for mosquito and other pest controls. Loved to hear those engines. Course, back in the 80's, DC-3s were being flown in from further south, landed in the Everglades, and just left there after the cargo was unloaded. ☹️ That was done with more modern twin engine aircraft as well. :(

When I was in college, a B17 and a B24 visited a near by airport. I could not get on the planes due to my class schedule but I was able to drive close to the end of the runway, well within 100 yards or so, and listen to those two planes rev up their engines for take off. Absolutely amazing. They took off after the engines were warmed up and buzzed the air field a few times. The sound from those two planes was unreal. Very hard to imagine what dozens, hundreds or even a thousand of those planes sounded like. Do not know how the Japanese or the Germans could think they could win the war when large numbers of bombers and fighters started flying overhead.

A couple of times of the years, a B17 has visited a nearby airport. Once I did go and get a ground tour. I should have paid to go on a flight....

On one of their visits I was on a nearby lake and saw the B17 fly over. I knew the plane was here but seeing it was amazing, and for people on the lake who did not know the plane was in the area, it must have been a cool surprise to see.

We get a fair number of military aircraft flying over the house. Lately we have been hearing/seeing Osprey's fly over. They have a very distinctive sound because of the engines and large props. One night I heard loud aircraft heading our way and ran outside. Just above the tree tops three or four Osprey's flew right over the house. I do mean right over the house. :eek::ROFLMAO: AND LOW! As fast as I was to go outside, I only saw three of them in trail but I think there was a fourth one that I did not see. They were flying one behind the other and very close together. Very cool to hear and see.

Later,
Dan

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
Sitting in my living room at 8:30pm EST and hear radial engines. Look on flight radar and there she is.

Anyone south of Chicago might hear it in a few minutes.

View attachment 705305
I have never flown a B29, but have almost 2000 hours sitting atop four of those same wonderful Wright R-3350's.
I was a USN pilot in a squadron that flew the Super Connie.

PILOON

Super Star Member
Tractor
MT180D
My very first ride was on a Super Connie as a youngster.
Next ride was an Beech 18 as a teen in air cadets.
The did an air force stint and learned a trade,
Then I bought a J3 cub and learned to fly in it.
That led to an aviation career, then a avionics shop, followed to be an FBO and finally a Cessna dealer.
All in all I owned, bought sold a fair number of aircraft.

Now all that started from reading all kinds of aviation thrillers.

LOL, now I play tractor and participate on TBN when I can contribute.

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
My very first ride was on a Super Connie as a youngster.
Next ride was an Beech 18 as a teen in air cadets.
The did an air force stint and learned a trade,
Then I bought a J3 cub and learned to fly in it.
That led to an aviation career, then a avionics shop, followed to be an FBO and finally a Cessna dealer.
All in all I owned, bought sold a fair number of aircraft.

Now all that started from reading all kinds of aviation thrillers.

LOL, now I play tractor and participate on TBN when I can contribute.
I flew the T-28 B and C models in Navy flight training.
Wright R-1820 (1350HP - 3 blade prop)..... the best sound, and a wonderful throb when taxiing.
Absolutely a blast to fly.....and they paid me to do it!
The C model was the carrier version, and I did landings and take offs aboard the USS Lexington.
That was truly the cat's axx for a nearly fearless 20 year old.

After 39 years of being paid to fly, my flying life is now behind me also.
I play with my tractors now......for no pay,....... and I enjoy TBN every single day!

Last edited:

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
Back around 1960 when I was in the Civil Air Patrol Cadets we frequently flew on C-47s, the military equivalent of the DC-3 and on C119s. Those were my first flights and made my decision to join the Air Force very easy for me.

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
The B36 was identifiable from as far away as you could hear it.

The only thing that comes close to that sound (that I've heard) is the Bristol Brabizon.

Bruce

flyerdan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Hyster H50 Bobcat M700
Whenever one of the warbird foundations have a plane here, I can usually get some good pics, as they overfly me on their revenue runs to KMMV, where the Spruce Goose lives. Monitor 119.1 and when they call in five miles out I get the camera ready. They're at 1000 agl so a fort looks pretty big up there.
Saw a flight of Ospreys last week, heard a very distinct sound; there were six of them strung out heading NNE. Never seen one before, don't think there are any based anywhere near here

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
During the Cold War I was startled when a B-52 flew very low over my car as I traveled in far out rural Kansas. The whole car shook. Haven't seen one since, but occasionally hear a vintage B-17 . Those jet engines don't sound pretty like the piston engines. The North American B-25 plant was near where I lived during WWII. I get a thrill every time I hear those sounds. Get some Galaxy's now and then around here.
Cheers,
Mike

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
I flew the T-28B and C in Navy flight training.
Wright R-1820 (1350HP - 3 blade prop)..... the best sound, and a wonderful throb when taxiing.
The C model was the carrier version, and I did landings and take offs aboard the USS Lexington.
The cat's axx for a 20 year old without fear.

Whenever one of the warbird foundations have a plane here, I can usually get some good pics, as they overfly me on their revenue runs to KMMV, where the Spruce Goose lives. Monitor 119.1 and when they call in five miles out I get the camera ready. They're at 1000 agl so a fort looks pretty big up there.
Saw a flight of Ospreys last week, heard a very distinct sound; there were six of them strung out heading NNE. Never seen one before, don't think there are any based anywhere near here
The USMC Osprey is a fun machine to watch!

dodge man

Tractor
JD 2025R
My dad was in the navy during WWII. He saw a B29 at the time and couldn’t believe anything that big could fly. Of course now on the scale of things it’s not that large.

PILOON

Super Star Member
Tractor
MT180D
I flew the T-28 B and C models in Navy flight training.
That was truly the cat's axx for a nearly fearless 20 year old.

After 39 years of being paid to fly, my flying life is now behind me also.
I play with my tractors now......for no pay,....... and I enjoy TBN every single day!
Between my aviation debut and tractors I had an avionics facility, followed by becoming a FBO then becoming a Cessna dealer. Had both Canada and US mechanic tickets and flew about 4000 hrs always under a private pilot ticket even though my AC was full IFR.
Crossed Canada and flew over 3/4 of US states. YUL to FLA many a time.
Oh many a good memory. A dream was to have a PA18 on floats at my water font.
Actually had (briefly) a PA12/180hp on floats (minor damage) that I purchased for $4k.
Within 2 weeks a knock at my door announced he was there to purchase my PA12!
When he plunked $10k in cash I declared it 'SOLD'.
Not bad a short term investment!

But things sure have changed.
Back 'in the days' I'd hear 20-30 AC overhead daily going north to fish or hunt.
Now only a rare one and more often a military chopper..
Fuel costs, AWD's etc. sure have taken their toll.
A Cessna that burns 12 gal/hr. or a Beaver @ 22 gals sure has diminished flying.
All to say an overhead AC is still music to my ears!

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
During the Cold War I was startled when a B-52 flew very low over my car as I traveled in far out rural Kansas. The whole car shook. Haven't seen one since, but occasionally hear a vintage B-17 . Those jet engines don't sound pretty like the piston engines. The North American B-25 plant was near where I lived during WWII. I get a thrill every time I hear those sounds. Get some Galaxy's now and then around here.
Cheers,
Mike
We used to see that a lot, back when Loring AFB was operating. Some people didn't like it but I thought it broke up the monotony of a day. One project I was on, the guys on night crew said the pilot would lock in on the big spotlight we had, and fly so close the light would rock from the vortex. On two occasions I found debris from the flyovers; once a cargo door which must not have been secured, and on another occasion i found the rear half of a bomb with corresponding hardware, which must had been ripped off when the pilot got too low.
I didn't know who to report it to so passed it on the the client's project manager, who laughed and nothing came of it.

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Between my aviation debut and tractors I had an avionics facility, followed by becoming a FBO then becoming a Cessna dealer. Had both Canada and US mechanic tickets and flew about 4000 hrs always under a private pilot ticket even though my AC was full IFR.
Crossed Canada and flew over 3/4 of US states. YUL to FLA many a time.
Oh many a good memory. A dream was to have a PA18 on floats at my water font.
Actually had (briefly) a PA12/180hp on floats (minor damage) that I purchased for $4k.
Within 2 weeks a knock at my door announced he was there to purchase my PA12!
When he plunked $10k in cash I declared it 'SOLD'.
Not bad a short term investment!

But things sure have changed.
Back 'in the days' I'd hear 20-30 AC overhead daily going north to fish or hunt.
Now only a rare one and more often a military chopper..
Fuel costs, AWD's etc. sure have taken their toll.
A Cessna that burns 12 gal/hr. or a Beaver @ 22 gals sure has diminished flying.
All to say an overhead AC is still music to my ears!
I'm an old guy too, so in my opinion a Beaver on floats is the best of all, for Canada & Alaska use, though a Grumman Widgeon would be a delight to have.

OP
MossRoad

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
When I was a kid, my dad worked a couple towns over in Elkhart, Indiana. There was a small airfield between Mishawaka and Elkhart called Sportsman Air Park (I think). There, surrounded by cornfields, was a Lake aircraft dealer. Probably 6-10 Lake Buccaneers sitting there at any given time. I've seen a few of them land and take off on a larger lake about 20 miles north of there at my grandparents' cottage back in the 60s and 70s. I've always thought that would be a fun aircraft.

Menagerie-Manor

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2310D John Deere LX172
You know what else has unique sounds?

C5 Galaxy and the Goodyear Blimp.
Used to live on the east coast across the bay from Ft Monmouth in NJ and every Armed Forces Day they did very low level flyovers in the C5 (from McGuire AFB) and it was like a solar eclipes and an earthquake at the same time, incredible.

BravoXray

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, John Deere 430 Diesel
When I was a kid, my dad worked a couple towns over in Elkhart, Indiana. There was a small airfield between Mishawaka and Elkhart called Sportsman Air Park (I think). There, surrounded by cornfields, was a Lake aircraft dealer. Probably 6-10 Lake Buccaneers sitting there at any given time. I've seen a few of them land and take off on a larger lake about 20 miles north of there at my grandparents' cottage back in the 60s and 70s. I've always thought that would be a fun aircraft.
That would have been Midway Airport, where the Meijer store is now on US33 and CR13. I saw a B17 land there WAY back in the late 50s. Dad heard one was coming in and took me along to see it. They flew it out a few days later, I guess it finally got airborne when it jumped over CR13. Spent a lot of time there watching planes of all type come and go. Even saw my first ultralight there. My best friend lived nearby, and I must have seen him there at one time or another, but never got to really know him until 30 years later.
This picture is from a chopper, with US33 in the foreground, with planes parked right out next to the road. Was a great place for a kid to hang out.

Midway Airport, Dunlap, B-17.jpg
Midway Airport, Dunlap, IN.jpg

OP
MossRoad

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
No it wasn't the midway airport. That's down by Dunlap, between Elkhart and Goshen. I used to drive by that daily. There was an Ericoupe tied down there. The one I'm talking about was between Mishawaka and Elkhart, on Day Road.

OP
MossRoad

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
North of Day, west of Bittersweet. Two 2000' runways running NW-NE and SE-NW.

OP
MossRoad

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
I swear i could even smell the exhaust from the startup.
You know you got something when you need people manning fire extinguishers on startup. 😬

I've seen that on a lot of old radials.

I got to ride in a Beech 18 from here over to Chicago and back one night. Freighter. Loud in that one.

BravoXray

Platinum Member
Tractor
No it wasn't the midway airport. That's down by Dunlap, between Elkhart and Goshen. I used to drive by that daily. There was an Ericoupe tied down there. The one I'm talking about was between Mishawaka and Elkhart, on Day Road.
Okay, yes that was Sportsman airport. One of the hangars was still there 10 or 15 years ago before they started building houses along that area of Day Road.

BravoXray

Platinum Member
Tractor
You know you got something when you need people manning fire extinguishers on startup. 😬

I've seen that on a lot of old radials.

I got to ride in a Beech 18 from here over to Chicago and back one night. Freighter. Loud in that one.
There was a Beech 18 that an museum organization at Goshen Airport owned a while back, I did some avionics work up in the nose, behind the panel, that was fun getting my big ass stuffed in there. A couple of days later, I got to set in the right seat on a test flight to see if my rewire job worked. Even with foam earplugs and and ANR headset, it was still loud in there. Of course you're setting just behind the arc of the props.
Someone at Goshen just recently bought an 18 and was doing takeoffs and landings for a couple of hours one afternoon when I was at my hangar. Good thing avgas is only $4.60 a gallon.

OP
MossRoad

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
Here's a pic from an old TOPO map that shows it.

F56306FA-6F9A-4DD3-9F58-0E3C22D53528.png

OP
MossRoad

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
There was a Beech 18 that an museum organization at Goshen Airport owned a while back, I did some avionics work up in the nose, behind the panel, that was fun getting my big ass stuffed in there. A couple of days later, I got to set in the right seat on a test flight to see if my rewire job worked. Even with foam earplugs and and ANR headset, it was still loud in there. Of course you're setting just behind the arc of the props.
Someone at Goshen just recently bought an 18 and was doing takeoffs and landings for a couple of hours one afternoon when I was at my hangar. Good thing avgas is only $4.60 a gallon.
Funny story. Back in the early 80's on a dark and stormy night, I got called in sometime after midnight to load 2 skids of catalytic converters onto a Beech 18 turbo prop/nose wheel conversion. My job was to provide fuel if needed, and drive the forklift. The pilot was a **** (insert expletive of choice here).

First, the skids weigh a ridiculous amount.
Second, they have to be slid forward, then LIFTED over the wing spar.
That isn't going to happen. The only way to do it is to put an empty skid in front of the wing spar and then hand-load the converters over the spar onto the new skid.

Well, I wasn't getting paid to do that part. The guy is screaming at me to do it as he's on deadline. I told him no. Call my boss. He calls boss. Boss tells me to help the pilot load it.

Mind-you, I'm getting paid a whopping $20 service call out fee.

So I put the first skid into the back of the plane and it promptly sits down on it's tail. Pilot starts screaming at me again. I take the skid off and he puts a jack under the tail like he was supposed to do, and I load the skid again. I then get into the plane and start taking the converters out of the skid and setting them forward of the skid. Plan is to get them out of the skid basket, fold down the skid basket, lift it over the pile of converters forward of the spar, set it back up, load the pile into the empty basket and then get the next one on.

While I'm doing this, the pilot is nowhere to be found. It's pouring rain, and it's taking me some time to unload, move, load inside the plane by myself.

Pilot finally returns and starts screaming at me again to move faster. I tell him he's supposed to be helping me and I'm about to puke because these things are heavy.

I finally get the first one done and go to do the 2nd one.

I put it in the back of the plane, and the pilot tries to get me to help him push it up to the back of the spar with a J bar. It isn't budging. He starts yelling at me again and tells me to get out, remove the skid, move it more forward on the forks, and try putting it in at an angle and using the forks to push the skid forward. Calls me stupid then.

So I get out, get on the forklift and unload the skid from the plane. Reset it at an angel and head for the door. The pilot is inside the plane, leaning out the freight door yelling at me to hurry up. I've been there 2 hours already. It's pouring. The forklift is a manual transmission and the rubber pad is missing from the clutch pedal. As soon as he peaks his head out the door to yell at me again, my foot slips off the clutch, the forklift lurches forward and the skid just barely missed pinning his head agains the door post. He dives inside as I get my foot back on the clutch and the forklift rolls back. He pops his head out to yell at me again and my foot slips off the pedal again and almost kills him again. I panic and hit the clutch again, foot slips for a 3rd time and slams the skid into the post again and caves it in.

At this point, the guy thinks I'm trying to kill him. I'm soaked to the bone, freezing, shaking, and pissed off. So I just sat there looking at the plane. He finally pops his head out and I give him some choice words and tell him he's on his own. I drop the skid on the ground and leave. He comes into the office a while later and apologizes.

We take a break, and then I load the skid into the plane and he unloads it forward of the skid and just puts the loose converters on the floor. He got a sledge hammer and pounded the door post back to almost straight, closed the door, put a ratchet strap on it and took off.

That was the worst night I ever had at an airport. 😬

Hay Dude

Tractor
Case-IH MX-270, MF7495, Kubota M135XTDSC, Kubota M126XTDC, Kubota F3680, Kubota ZD331
We have an annual small air show in my town. Same guys bring their warbirds out and fly them around. Absolutely fascinated with the WW-II Vought Corsair fighter. It has an enormous radial engine that sounds incredible.
The pilot flies it overhead like ~200 ft over your head, nice & slow and the sound of the radial engine literally thumps your chest. He will do a few of the fly overs, then mash the stick, pick up speed and climb over the tree line.
Doesn’t sound amazing the way I’m describing, but to be there and see it in its Marine Corps paint fly low over you with a 2000HP radial engine is something I can’t describe.

1626093179544.jpeg

Last edited:

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Used to live on the east coast across the bay from Ft Monmouth in NJ and every Armed Forces Day they did very low level flyovers in the C5 (from McGuire AFB) and it was like a solar eclipes and an earthquake at the same time, incredible.
Ah yes!
In the aviation world, the C5 is commonly referred to as ....."FRED"
F---ing Ridiculous Expebditure of Dollars!

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
We have an annual small air show in my town. Same guys bring their warbirds out and fly them around. Absolutely fascinated with the WW-II Vought Corsair fighter. It has an enormous radial engine that sounds incredible.
The pilot flies it overhead like ~200 ft over your head, nice & slow and the sound of the radial engine literally thumps your chest. He will do a few of the fly overs, then mash the stick, pick up speed and climb over the tree line.
Doesn’t sound amazing the way I’m describing, but to be there and see it in its Marine Corps paint fly low over you with a 2000HP radial engine is something I can’t describe.

View attachment 705548
Good friend of mine (now deceased) flew the USN Corsair.
A tail dragger, that you could not see over the nose to taxi.
Fantastic airplane in it's time.

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Good friend of mine (now deceased) flew the USN Corsair.
A tail dragger, that you could not see over the nose to taxi.
Fantastic airplane in it's time.
There's a book out there, written by the test pilot who helped in the development of the Bent Wing Bird...it's called "Whistling Death", the name given to it by the Japanese. If you're a WWII warbird buff, I recommend it (Reach for the Sky is a good book also; the story of the English legless Spitfire pilot; Douglas Bader).

BravoXray

Platinum Member
Tractor
And Midway was not a place you wanted to be on Palm Sunday, 1965...
My family was at a neighbors house when the tornadoes hit. We headed to the basement until it passed, hearing the house creak and groan. They lost some roofing and had a couple of cracked walls. Dad had a nearly new Buick Electra in their driveway, and there was a grain silo from across the road lying in their yard about 10 feet from it.
The mobile home park on SR 15 was hit too, several trailers demolished, but no one killed it I remember correctly. Injured people was taken across the street to the restaurant where I worked and laid out on tables in the dining room.
Someone came in and said they could see a couple more tornadoes to the west and we went out an watched them go across to the north and east. Those were the ones that hit the Midway trailer park.
Dad was on the volunteer FD, just a house from where we had been, so he went to the station and they were called to respond to missing people at SR15 and US 20. I rode along to man the radio, and when we got to 15 & 20 all that was left of the truck stop/restaurant were a few bar stools left on the concrete slab. everything else was gone. A couple of houses nearby were gone too, several occupants were found in the fields nearby, all dead.
The Sunnyside addition, across US33 from the Concord Mall was almost entirely leveled by the twisters. I remember when LBJ made a visit to the area to survey the damage. There are some vacant lots there still, homes that were never rebuilt.
When we got home, the neighbor's new patio awning was gone and there was a dinner plate smashed through our front storm door that came from the farm house to the north that had it's roof torn off and interior gutted.
I hope I never see anything like that again.

OP
MossRoad

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
My father worked in Elkhart, and took a lot of pictures of the aftermath. He said everywhere you looked was a dead chicken, as it apparently hit a chicken farm or egg farm. He had pictures of trucks twisted up around trees and a straw driven through a pole. Super scary stuff there.

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
Ah yes!
In the aviation world, the C5 is commonly referred to as ....."FRED"
F---ing Ridiculous Expebditure of Dollars!
Seems like, around here they called that a "Gooneybird"...IIRC.

Cheers,
Mike

PILOON

Super Star Member
Tractor
MT180D
During my aviation days I worked on Grumman Goose,(making it into a flying camper).
Also probably on the only 3 engine Beech 18,(P&W test bed) ,
Modified 5 crop dusters to ferry trans Atlantic (had to add fuel capacity* and full IFR capabilities c/w HF radio) oh, and my fun jobs were the 25 or so light AC that I rigged (fully approved) for trans Atlantic ferries.
Also once serviced a DH Mosquito.

*when the project was offered I immediately decided the hopper would be the reserve fuel tank.
That worked, next was to convert to full IFR which was the main challenge due to confined space and structural limitations. That called for very specific sized instruments and making new panels.
We did it! and all within 30 days.
My approach was to certify the first AC and do exactly the same for the other 4 and they OK'd that approach. So we basically had a 5 of production line.
This was all B4 SatNav & GPS so HF and Loran C was the rule of the day.

Still miss all those wild and weird challenges and the purr (roar) of AC engines.

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Seems like, around here they called that a "Gooneybird"...IIRC.

Cheers,
Mike
The "Gooney Bird" is the DC-3.
Much smaller, and many years older than FRED!

Ford850

Tractor
Case DX55, Ford 850
We drove over to Toledo yesterday to ride bike trails, and had F16's flying over us all morning. Later in the afternoon while sitting outside at home, we heard a distinct engine sound flying overhead so I checked flight radar. B-25J directly over us. Pretty cool day to see and hear both of those.