B3200 Hydraulic fluid dipstick/sight glass

/ B3200 Hydraulic fluid dipstick/sight glass #1  

Yzordderrex

Tractor
Kubota B3200HSD
My B3200 tractor has been sitting for a few years as I have been away. I noticed a small leak in one of the bucket hoses. I would like to top fluid off before snow gets here. I cannot find dipstick, but there seems to be a site glass below the filler port. Of course it is behind the rear tire and I am half blind. Do I need to remove rear tire to check level or am I in the wrong place. Snow will be here in a few hours :( Thank you.

/ B3200 Hydraulic fluid dipstick/sight glass #2  
It is just above the pto shield and to the left.

Yellow in color.

/ B3200 Hydraulic fluid dipstick/sight glass #3  
IMG_1677.JPG

/ B3200 Hydraulic fluid dipstick/sight glass
Is that picture a B3200? I don't have a dipstick on my unit. I opened the fill port and it was dry. I put a gallon in and looks like it will take even more. Damn.

/ B3200 Hydraulic fluid dipstick/sight glass #5  
doesnt it show in your owners manual?

/ B3200 Hydraulic fluid dipstick/sight glass #6  
Yzxxxxx - I confirm that's a picture of a B3200, with the dip stick highlighted.

Probably good to not put in more UDT fluid, until you have established the correct fluid level from a dip stick or sight glass. HST should not be overfilled. Gear transmissions should not be either, but it is less critical with a gear transmission.

My understanding is engines that have sat for years, should be broken in just like a new engine. Keep the RPM's low and varied. An oil change in the near future is in order.

/ B3200 Hydraulic fluid dipstick/sight glass #7  
Be careful reading the fluid level from those dang sight glasses! The tractor must be on a completely LEVEL surface to get an accurate reading and since the fluid is clear, it's very easy to misread it being not full enough or too full. Yzz etc., you did the perfectly sensible thing by adding juice when you thought it was low, but unless you knew where the fluid was from the sightglass to begin with or can see the fluid line in the sightglass now, you won't know if it's still low or is now too full.

/ B3200 Hydraulic fluid dipstick/sight glass #8  
If you add the John Deere red dye to the fluid it makes everything much easier.