B7500 & Single axle trailer

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #1  

BILLMAN

Tractor
KUBOTA 7500 HSD
What do you guys think about using a 12' single axle landscape trailer to occasionally move my B7500 w/loader? I really don't want or need a large equipment trailer. I would like to get a 12' trailer to use for atv's , brush , lumber , etc. My local dealer has 12' landscape trailers with 3000 lb. axle. This leaves a net capacity of 2440 lbs for cargo. The only issue that I saw is that I would have to reinforce the ramp/gate to support the weight of the tractor. Opinions?

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #2  
What are you pulling it with?
Look at the tie down points are the secure enough?
Look at the tongue does it run back as far as the axle?
Is the axle mounted more than halfway back?
What size ball does it use?
Is 12 feet long enough to have front and rear attachments on?
What is the decking made of?
What is the load rating of the tires?
Does the single axle have brakes?

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

<font color=red>Winnipeg, Manitoba</font color=red>
canadagoose.gif

2001 BX2200 (50 hrs)

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #3  
A B7500 w/ loader is probably pushing the weight capacity of that trailer. A single axle trailer is also more difficult to balance a load on and more difficult to hook on and unhook with a load. I see no sense in getting a marginal capacity trailer to haul your much more expensive tractor. If you blow a tire or break an axle, you will be very sorry. Personally, I would recommend a light weight dual axle trailer with ramps, a 5000-7000# capacity and 12-16" long. The ramp on landscape trailer is probably made of mesh wire and square tubing and probably not durable enough for the tractor. I've seen many nice used dual axle trailers for $750-$1000. Go with a smaller dual axle trailer - my 2 cents.

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #4  
I have both a single axle tilt trailer and a dual axle w/brakes. I use the tilt for my small tractors. But I went with the dual axle because there was no way to balance load. My dual axle is 16 foot long including dove tail. It is just long enough for my B7500 /fel and 3 point finish mower. JIM

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #5  
The call is yours, until you crash because the trailer and towing unit can't handle the load and you fishtail and loose control. Then it's up to the investigating officer and prosecutor (hopefully it'll be just property damage, no injuries). Then it's up to your insurance agent and the plaintiff's attorney, and finally the civil jury.

Avoid all the above and the heartache it will cause with a 7,000 lb tandem axle trailer or better a 10,000 lb unit for that bigger tractor later and all the attachments.

28 years a traffic cop and I've seen this too often.

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #6  
Billman, I have a 12' utility trailer and hall my B7500 kubota with no problems. It has the 3500lb axle under it. You do have to beef the ramp up also, but the weight of the tractor is well with in the 3500lbs capacity of the trailer. I cant even tell its back there when towing but I pull it with a 3/4 ton Diesel. Never have had a flat while towing either but when I am towing Im not doing 70mph. To me there is no need to get in a hurry cause that is when something will happen. Although I would like to have a dual axle 16' trailer to be able to haul more equipment but with limited funds it will just have to wait. If you can aford it I would go with the tandom axle setup but if you cant you will still be able to tow your tractor safely with a 12 footer.

2001 B7500 HST 302 Fel R4 Tires, Befco BRB60
Semper Fidelis<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Devildog on 11/06/01 06:15 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #7  
BillMan, I have read all the post so far. No one says to use a single axle unless you have too.... I know that this is best. I CAN NOT believe that a single axle trailer is much cheaper than the standard 16 dual axle... These are the cheapest trailers foot for foot, lbs for lbs.... Also do not forget the cost of reinforcement of the ramp, ramp storage... The heavy single axle then has to cost just about the same or more....

And there you have it sports fans..

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #8  
hey billman i have 2 flatbeds 1 single axel 12ft with no brakes and a 16ft tandem with brakes on all wheels. i would never put the tractor on the single axel trailer to haul it down the road. when buying a trailer make shure that the trailer tongue goes all the way to the axels. there are many trailer that do not and make shure that the trailer has many tie down pockets on it. good luck.

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #9  
Radman, while agreeing in theory, I must disagree with the length stated <font color=blue>5000-7000# capacity and 12-16" long</font color=blue> I think the the fore-mentioned 12 foot would be a better fit!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif 12-16' tandem axle would be much more suitable! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by scruffy on 11/06/01 04:21 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ B7500 & Single axle trailer #10  
OK, scruffy. Maybe a 12"-16"(inch!) trailer is a little short! But it would carry nearly anything you could put on it! Excuse my typo - should be 12-16'(feet!)