B7610 seat is giving me a bad back.

/ B7610 seat is giving me a bad back. #1  

53gravely

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7610 HSD
Just got a 7610. I now have thirteen hours on it. GREAT little tractor with an AWFUL SEAT.

The high back seat has a couple of flaws:
(1) the suspension springs are too tall in the back leaving the seat tilting forward so the front doesnt' support your thighs.
(2) the padding at the rear-most portion of the horizontal surface of the seat turns up fairly steeply forcing my skinny butt forward giving a recurring wedgie (but the **** operator precence system won't let you stand to de-wedge your knickers!). Sustained operation (anything over an hour) gives me bad back cramps--and I haven't got a history of bad back issues.
Anyone had the same trouble?
Can anyone suggest an aftermarket seat with a defined pocket at the junction of the seatback and the seat to cradle your butt better?

/ B7610 seat is giving me a bad back. #2  
Man! I'm sorry for your trouble. I must say though that your post made me laugh out loud. I don't know of an after market seat for you but maybe I have a tip that will serve as temporary relief: You can raise up off the seat to perform any type of wardrobe adjustment without the tractor shutting down if you dis-engage the PTO first. My thinking is: bringing the tractor to a stop in order to adjust is way better than driving around with a wedgie problem. Geez, the thought of the potential chaffing is bringing tears to my eyes right now. Hope you find a seat to your liking.

Regards,
Duber

/ B7610 seat is giving me a bad back. #3  
53gravely-

Now what I am about to say might sound like I am joking but these suggestions are serious. After reading your post (and chuckling a bit) I thought of my comfort while riding in my 7610. First of all, I don't have a skinny butt to worry about but I do know what you are talking about with regard to the seat back.

Secondly, when I operate my tractor I wear jeans or heavy Carhardt pants with a belt. No problem with the wedgie (or Melvin as we used to call it) wearing these clothes. What are you wearing when you have this problem? Loose shorts? If so, be careful catching the FEL control while dismounting the tractor. Another poster revealed his propensity for having the FEL control lever sticking up his shorts leg.

Finally, how about a pillow or towel to sit on? It might be worth a try.

Good luck,

Bonehead

/ B7610 seat is giving me a bad back. #4  
I feel your pain. Literally. I have 47 hours on my 7610 I don't use the PTO for anything but the BH so I can adjust with impunity.

I like the previous poster do not have the skinny behind problem but (no pun intended) but I always feel like I am traveling down hill. The only time the seat is remotely comfotrable is when traveling up hill.

Too much cusion on the stock seat. I was goung to look at tractorsmart.com ot TSC to see about a replacement when I got around to it.

Keep the rest of us uncomfortable 7610 owners posted if you find a replacement.

--Skid

/ B7610 seat is giving me a bad back. #5  
I had a similar problem with my B7510. I kept sliding forward in the seat.

Someone asked me if I had put anything like Armor All on it. Sure enough, I had sprayed 303 Aerospace Protectant on it in an attempt to take good care of it.

I cleaned the 303 off with some cleaner and the problem is about 80% solved.

At 140 hours I have either squished the padding down or gotten used to it. Either way, I don't seem to have the problem I had with it when it was new.

Bill Tolle

/ B7610 seat is giving me a bad back.
Duber thanks-- I'm usually running the MMM or Brushhog when the offending undertrousers make their move-- VERY inefficient-- to stop,clutch, neutral, stand, pick /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, re-align, sit,seatbelt, clutch, set range,engage blades--see what i'm sayin'?

Bonehead- I was gonna compliment you on your nickname till I saw Skidmark come in after you--you've got competition man!
As far a clothes-- the first 4 days of my vacation were pushing 100 degrees so it's lightweight shorts for me which may be part of the problem. Still a stupid seat design!
As far as sitting on a towel- it may be worth a try--If this keeps up I'll be sitting on a doughnut!

/ B7610 seat is giving me a bad back. #7  
One last suggestion. To go a step further, you could operate your tractor without pants. I'm sure you're thinking, "Bonehead wants me to drive au natural?" No, how about a kilt? Before you laugh, one of the ER docs at a local hospital sees his patients wearing a kilt. He claims it is very comfortable, cool in the summer, and part of his heritage. One thing for sure, it will make any adjustments you may need much easier! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep the good sense of humor!

Bonehead

/ B7610 seat is giving me a bad back.
What's the chances the guy's title is "Chief of MacProctology"?

Hey...I've got the kilt my grandfather won the North American highland dancing championship in up in the attic....been packed in mothballs for 80 years. The mothball smell might keep the bugs away when I've got the rollbar lights on! Getting sick of picking the bugs outta da teeth.

/ B7610 seat is giving me a bad back. #9  
Could cutting the springs down a bit help? I own a BX so I don't know about your seat.
Also, is riding cowboy out of the question? Nothing to ride up, and sure would toughen the old boys's ability to ride the range.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B7610 seat is giving me a bad back. #10  
Hello,
I own a b7800 and I also have skinny butt at 5'8" and at 150 lbs. What i did was take seat off and and put washers between the seat and hinge bracket which raised the front of the seat up. It helped a lot and was cheep. Now i wish the back of the seat was more forward,but I'll live with it. At least I'm not getting any more wedges and my back isn't bothering me as much. Hope this helps.