Back to where my F buying started!!!

/ Back to where my F buying started!!! #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
I'm back at Lake Tansi, Crossville, Tn where the golf course maintainers are doing their course maintenance early every morning with me on my deck drinking coffee watching them.
The last time I was here was July 2008. While drinking my coffee outside I saw this man drive by and back and forth and back and around and forth and back and all over without ever stopping ot backing up! :confused:
I finally determined he was mowing the course with a machine I'd never seen before which had a deck out front and a motor/engine compartment behind him. i thought it was pretty cool and maybe I needed something like it to mow my home and rental property.:thumbsup:
I started rsearching the internet to learn about front deck mowing machines and discovered my favorite tractor company made them. This resulted in a visit to Steve Barlow of Barlows Kubota sales in my home town of Someret, Ky. This resuled in me ordering my first F2680e with a 60" rear discharge deck. I used the F2680e for a few years and then bought a F3080 4wd 72" rear discharge deck for home use. Some years later I traded the F2680e to another F3080. Later sold the first F3080 and bought my original F2680e back and have since traded the F2680e to a ZD326 60" rear discharge deck.
I remembered all this while sitting out on the deck drinking coffee a couple of mornings ago, where my F adventure started and why as I saw the front deck mowing machine going by here. The one her isn't orange though.

/ Back to where my F buying started!!! #2  
Interesting evolution John. I was basically born on a golf course and I'm used to seeing front end mowers. First it was golf greens with front end reels in the late fifties and early sixties followed by fairways in the 70s. In my opinion the future of mowing is front end. We inherited the back and mid mowing techniques from the adaptation of farm tractors. But that is gradually changing. In Europe front end mowing is the trend. Furthermore even mowing of tall grass with front end flail mowers is gaining in popularity.

I'm about to purchase a Kubota F2690 and would love to be able to add a front end flail (Trimax flaildek or Caroni) to my equipment.

/ Back to where my F buying started!!! #3  
I love my 60" mower deck out front on my PowerTrac PT425. 48" Brush hog out there in front, too. Only thing about my rear discharge out front is there's no way to install a bagger VS a side discharge. It would be handy for leaf pickup.
433830d1437527695-back-where-my-f-buying-ptpackage-jpg

PTPackage.jpg