Backhoe Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands

/ Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands #1  

frugalangler

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1720
Is there somewhere a reference as to what backhoe buckets will interchange with other brands? Or are they totally unique to the backhoe?

Reason, Massey Ferguson only provides an option for a 10" bucket for the GC1710/GC1720 with the CB65 backhoe, but I'd really like a narrower bucket for some small trenching duty. So...

does anybody know of a 8" bucket that will fit correctly to the CB65? Or...

has anybody taken a 10" or 12" MF bucket and narrowed it down?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

/ Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands #2  
Bro-tek makes a trenching attachment for the cb65 backhoe. Worth looking into.

/ Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands
Bro-tek makes a trenching attachment for the cb65 backhoe. Worth looking into.

I'm quite aware, have one of those in transit but still want a narrow bucket, there are times when a bucket is the better choice.

/ Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands #4  
Just bringing this back to the top of the forum.

It seems that the same company makes the backhoe attachments for many of the compact tractor brands out there. (Woods?)
I want to see if we can get answered once and for all if the bucket ear spacing is the same for any/all of those brands.

I am certain that the same company makes the backhoes for LS and Kioti. Not as certain, but seems likely that they also makes the hoes for MF, TYM, NH, and even possibly for Kubota.

Anyone in to help find out if the buckets are interchangeable??

/ Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands #5  
Just bringing this back to the top of the forum.

It seems that the same company makes the backhoe attachments for many of the compact tractor brands out there. (Woods?)
I want to see if we can get answered once and for all if the bucket ear spacing is the same for any/all of those brands.

I am certain that the same company makes the backhoes for LS and Kioti. Not as certain, but seems likely that they also makes the hoes for MF, TYM, NH, and even possibly for Kubota.

Anyone in to help find out if the buckets are interchangeable??
Its not going to be per brand. The challenge is the size of the backhoe as well. The more forces at play (ie the bigger the hoe, machine wielding it) the wider and more substantial the ears need to be to accommodate the forces. Every brand may also have specific QA attachment types that need to be accommodated. Kubota QA is not the same as other brands. Its a big mess, no standards. Buckets between excavators and backhoes also seldom match....if you get really lucky the same brand MAY have the exact same QA mount for equivalent sized machines. Heck even going from a 4 ton to a 5 ton excavator changes the QA attachment points/config for Kubotas!

The answer to me is measure, then measure again if you are buying used. If new confirm with mfg and/or dealer.

/ Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands #6  
For anyone else who finds themselves in my position (looking for a new bucket or thumb but no one has them in stock for your brand..). I did confirm that Kioti and LS use the same backhoe from the same manufacturer and all specs appear to be the same. This applys only to the larger backhoe offered by both tractor manufacturers. For Kioti, this would be the 2485 backhoe. For LS it would be any backhoe model number that starts with a "31" (ie 3100, 3105, 3106, etc.)
The bucket dimensions for the smaller model backhoes are different than for these larger ones, but I assume they would match each other as well. (Please, no one make a purchase based on my assumptions.. call to have the measurements verified).

I already knew that the backhoes were the same, but wondered if the manufacturer may have adjusted the design a little between the two different "brands" in order to protect brand sales of buckets and such.

My LS dealers didn't have any buckets in stock for me so I called my local Kioti dealer and asked them to measure the bucket dimensions. Their measurements for the distance between pin centers, width between the ears, and pin diameter all matched up perfectly with my current LS bucket.

so, if you're in the same situation, you can cross order for parts between at least these two brands.

/ Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands #7  
My little Kubota backhoe has a ripper attachment on it that is sold by Northern Tool for their towable excavator. I also have a 'rock grabber' (basically fixed light duty thumb) from them that i have used to move large chunks of broken concrete.

Had to figure out that the pin spacing/sizes were the same. They also fit the newer BX backhoes, which i've mentioned and just don't think anyone noticed. Which also means I can buy a BXpanded quick attach for my old B8200, which i may do someday.

I am fixing up an old B6100 w/backhoe for a friend and since it has a seriously messed up pin sleeve in the dipper arm anyway, i'm going to cut it up and change it to the same pin arrangement as my b8200 (& the bx's) so we can share attachments.

So sometimes you get lucky but you probably have to figure it out for yourself. Unfortunately. :(

/ Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands #8  
For anyone else who finds themselves in my position (looking for a new bucket or thumb but no one has them in stock for your brand..). I did confirm that Kioti and LS use the same backhoe from the same manufacturer and all specs appear to be the same. This applys only to the larger backhoe offered by both tractor manufacturers. For Kioti, this would be the 2485 backhoe. For LS it would be any backhoe model number that starts with a "31" (ie 3100, 3105, 3106, etc.)
The bucket dimensions for the smaller model backhoes are different than for these larger ones, but I assume they would match each other as well. (Please, no one make a purchase based on my assumptions.. call to have the measurements verified).

I already knew that the backhoes were the same, but wondered if the manufacturer may have adjusted the design a little between the two different "brands" in order to protect brand sales of buckets and such.

My LS dealers didn't have any buckets in stock for me so I called my local Kioti dealer and asked them to measure the bucket dimensions. Their measurements for the distance between pin centers, width between the ears, and pin diameter all matched up perfectly with my current LS bucket.

so, if you're in the same situation, you can cross order for parts between at least these two brands.
I have the kioti 2475 - could you confirm the pin spacing & size on your 2485?

See pics over at Backhoe - Kioti Backhoe Bucket, but the key specs are:
  • 1 inch pins
    • bucket ears have two pins - but the offset between those pins is not critical, since the 2nd pin is on a swingarm.
  • ears on bucket are ~5.35/136mm apart
1666885209087.png

Last edited:
   / Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands #9  
I dunno about interchangeability with other brand tractors, but Bxpanded does offer a trenching bucket, ripper tooth, and quick change bracket for the GC tractor. And then there's also a dude who posts here, he builds all that for the GC as well.

/ Backhoe bucket interchangeability between brands #10  
I have the kioti 2475 - could you confirm the pin spacing & size on your 2485?

See pics over at Backhoe - Kioti Backhoe Bucket, but the key specs are:
  • 1 inch pins
    • bucket ears have two pins - but the offset between those pins is not critical, since the 2nd pin is on a swingarm.
  • ears on bucket are ~5.35/136mm apart
View attachment 768057
I 'm sorry.
I didn't see your post.

After confirming the measurements were the same, I didn't keep them. I just tossed them.

Do you still need the measurements? I can go measure again.