Backhoe Rampage

/ Backhoe Rampage #1  

Harv

Elite Member
California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission
I chose the Projects forum 'cuz it says, "For the dicussion of all the things you do with your tractor!"
wink.gif

Just saw this story pop up in the local news here, and figured it was somehow appropriate to share with this board:

Man Arrested For Alleged Backhoe Rampage
02.08.02 BYRON (BCN) -- The Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office reports Fridaythat investigators are still trying to figure out why a 42-year-old man allegedlyused a backhoe to plow into two taverns on Byron's Main Street.

Sgt. Ken Hansen now identifies the man arrested on suspicion of felony vandalismin the incident as Daniel Adona of Byron. Authorities earlier today misspelled the man's name.

Adona allegedly used the backhoe around 6:31 p.m. Thursday to damage two tavernsthat are separated by a small open field, authorities said. Adona was taken into custody without incident.

No injuries were reported but both structures sustained heavy damage.

"There are still structures standing, but based on the significant damage done to both,I'd deem them totaled," Hansen said.

Several natural gas lines were severed in the incident, forcing the evacuation of nearby homes.

Hansen said Adona is "well known" in the Byron community. The motive for the allegedbackhoe attack is unknown. Hansen said authorities have not yet confirmed who owns the backhoe.

/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Backhoe Rampage #2  
Hey Harv!

How did you do that? Your post just continutes to stretch off the screen to the right. It's exactly 2 lines long on my screen.

SHF

/ Backhoe Rampage #3  
I got the same thing on my screen.

/ Backhoe Rampage #4  
Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrv,
What's up with that.....................
A run on sentence?

/ Backhoe Rampage
<font color=blue>It's exactly 2 lines long on my screen.</font color=blue>

Sorry 'bout that, fellers. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

I've just had no luck with the [pre] tag, which is what I used in an attempt to maintain the original news article look. Might be a Mac-related problem, but it looked okay in the preview and then the line breaks disappeared in the final post. Seems related to the GlennMac paragraph problem.
crazy.gif

I edited the story back to normal formatting now.

/ Backhoe Rampage #6  
Wow! You got all that in just 2 lines? I tried to read it and I didn't think there was that much there.

Looks like the backhoe driver had it out for the taverns, the tavern owners, bartenders, etc. Probably got thrown out of both of them and decided to get even.

SHF

/ Backhoe Rampage #8  
MossRoad.
Tractor must have had a heavy-duty top link bracket. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
The story didn't mention any damage to the backhoe or tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Backhoe Rampage #9  
No pictures?

/ Backhoe Rampage
<font color=blue>No pictures?</font color=blue>

Actually, John, I notice this morning there is now a video clip online, but I don't seem to have the right plug-in to view it with my browser. Maybe you Micro$oft-oriented folks will have better luck.

Start <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?s=656533>here</A> and see what you can do. I'd like to know the make/model/size of the thing.
smile.gif