Backhoe

/ Backhoe #1  

Wolfeman53

Tractor
2019 Workmaster35
I have a Workmaster35 With a Backhoe. the backhoe 925GBH is it suppose to lift the tractor all the way up off the ground with the outriggers? The outriggers just touch the ground and don't lift at all and makes a hissing sound in the controls. Will someone help me on this problem!

Last edited:
   / Backhoe
Will someone help me on this problem!

/ Backhoe #3  
I don't know about your particular tractor, but you may not want to do that. (You may also be at max extension). I have a JD ~50HP and if I'm on a slope the outrigger can lift the downhill side of the tractor a little, but then the stability of the tractor/backhoe is reduced. The outriggers are not enough to stop the tractor from sliding while I'm digging, I need the tires in contact with the ground and the outriggers for tipping control and to help make the boom vertical so the trench is not undercut. I try to keep both tires on the ground and brakes set with just enough outrigger down pressure to stabilize the tractor and tilt it for a vertical trench - and put the bucket on the ground also.

But to answer your question directly, yes, the outriggers should be able to lift the tractor a little. Your cylinders may be to short or your pressure may not be set correctly.

Note: Construction backhoes are capable of lifting the entire backend of the hoe with just down pressure on the boom and move the tractor around that way which makes crossing trenches possible. Farm tractors with a backhoe can not do that.

Last edited:
   / Backhoe #4  
Are you putting the front loader on the ground before attempting to lift with the stabilizers? A real backhoe can do whatever you felt like with the stabilizers but most of the lesser backhoes I’ve used were incapable of lifting the back if the loader was down first.

/ Backhoe #5  
I have a 925gbh backhoe on my Workmaster 37. It picks up the rear end of the tractor with no problems. I would suggest you check the hydraulic hose connections of your backhoe. Disconnect each one and reseat them firmly.

/ Backhoe #6  
Are you putting the front loader on the ground before attempting to lift with the stabilizers? A real backhoe can do whatever you felt like with the stabilizers but most of the lesser backhoes I’ve used were incapable of lifting the back if the loader was down first.
The stabilizers on My Kubota L48TLB will lift and hold the rear wheels of tractor off the ground indefinitely, whenever and wherever.

/ Backhoe
I have a 925gbh backhoe on my Workmaster 37. It picks up the rear end of the tractor with no problems. I would suggest you check the hydraulic hose connections of your backhoe. Disconnect each one and reseat them firmly.
It raised it until the the service guy switched the hoses. Then it started leaking through the cylinders. They switched the hoses back but it makes a hissing sound when u try to lift it. I think it's blowback where they blew everything out by switching the hoses. They have had it more then me about 8 mons out of a year. They say it's in specs and it is not suppose to lift all the way up. It didd when I first got it. What do u think it is?

/ Backhoe
The stabilizers on My Kubota L48TLB will lift and hold the rear wheels of tractor off the ground indefinitely, whenever and wherever.
t raised it until the the service guy switched the hoses. Then it started leaking through the cylinders. They switched the hoses back but it makes a hissing sound when u try to lift it. I think it's blowback where they blew everything out by switching the hoses. They have had it more then me about 8 mons out of a year. They say it's in specs and it is not suppose to lift all the way up. It didd when I first got it. What do u think it is?

/ Backhoe
I don't know about your particular tractor, but you may not want to do that. (You may also be at max extension). I have a JD ~50HP and if I'm on a slope the outrigger can lift the downhill side of the tractor a little, but then the stability of the tractor/backhoe is reduced. The outriggers are not enough to stop the tractor from sliding while I'm digging, I need the tires in contact with the ground and the outriggers for tipping control and to help make the boom vertical so the trench is not undercut. I try to keep both tires on the ground and brakes set with just enough outrigger down pressure to stabilize the tractor and tilt it for a vertical trench - and put the bucket on the ground also.

But to answer your question directly, yes, the outriggers should be able to lift the tractor a little. Your cylinders may be to short or your pressure may not be set correctly.

Note: Construction backhoes are capable of lifting the entire backend of the hoe with just down pressure on the boom and move the tractor around that way which makes crossing trenches possible. Farm tractors with a backhoe can not do that.
t raised it until the the service guy switched the hoses. Then it started leaking through the cylinders. They switched the hoses back but it makes a hissing sound when u try to lift it. I think it's blowback where they blew everything out by switching the hoses. They have had it more then me about 8 mons out of a year. They say it's in specs and it is not suppose to lift all the way up. It didd when I first got it. What do u think it is?

/ Backhoe #10  
Could be stuck or leaking pressure relief valve with is one of possibilities the owners manual troubleshooting guide lists.
IMG_0445.JPG