Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
I may have posted this before, but it's worth posting again. This is a holiday favorite at my house; we had some at Thanksgiving and looking forward to Christmas. It's always a hit...always.

Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Green Beans

2 (or how ever many you want) cans of uncut green beans

1# sliced, hickory smoked bacon

Chili Powder (I prefer a good BBQ dry rubb; I happen to have my own recipe)

Open and drain the green beans; combine enough individual beans to form a bundle approximately 1

1/4 inch in diameter and wrap with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick and place on a cookie

sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining beans and sprinkle with BBQ rubb or chili powder. Place in a medium

oven and bake until the bacon is done. Enjoy.

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #2  
OMG! We had these for the first time this Thanksgiving. My wife’s niece made them. I had never seen them before. We were in Arkansas.

Fantastic!

MoKelly

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #3  
Oh, with green beans! How healthy!!

I kid. I’m sure the beans are delicious, but you could wrap an old sneaker with bacon and it would be delicious!

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #4  
I do green beans, snow peas and okra the same way: veg oil, yellow corn meal and fry in open skillet at about 450 F. Turn over about 3 times after oil is bubbling good each time.

Ralph

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #6  
Wife would cook green beans with chopped up bacon. Neighbor would wrap large, thick skinned Jalapino peppers in bacon. Cook in the oven. Man - were those ever good.

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans
Wife would cook green beans with chopped up bacon. Neighbor would wrap large, thick skinned Jalapino peppers in bacon. Cook in the oven. Man - were those ever good.

====================================================================================================

Now you've done it. I have a recipe for the world's best ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds). In this case, cooked on the smoker, you have a special blend of flavors that is unforgettable. Jalapenos, bacon, cream cheese and Little Smokies cooked in a smoker with Mesquite? They are wonderful! There are a lot of variations of this our there, but this one is one I have perfected and every one loves them.

ABTs...Or...Bacon Wrapped Smoked Jalapenos

Ingredients:

1 dozen large Jalapeno peppers
1 package of "Little Smokies" cocktail sausages
1 large package of cream cheese
dried minced onions
Your favorite BBQ dry rub (or, in the alternative chili powder)
1 pound of your favorite smoked bacon

Split the Jalapenos lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Wash under running water; remove the seeds and the entirety of the veins. Suggest you use disposable plastic gloves for the process; in fact, it's almost mandatory. If not, almost ANYTHING you touch later will burn the rest of the day and night, including your hands.

Place one of the little smokies in one half of the pepper; fill with cream cheese, sprinkle with the onion flakes and the dry rub. Replace the other half of the pepper, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with dry rub. Repeat for the rest of the peppers.

Place in your smoker along with your favorite smoking wood; I use Mesquite, Blackjack, Hickory and sometimes Pecan. Cook at 250 degrees F until the bacon is done...about an hour to an hour and a half. Enjoy.

You can cook them in the oven; we have also substituted Polish Sausage for the Little Smokies and it works quite well. You can also leave the seeds and veins in the peppers if you wish, but they will usually be so hot that only one person in a hundred can eat them. Removing the seeds and veins will render them just right for most folks.

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #8  
Sis' makes similar bundles, then bakes them in a sauce, including Thousand Island dressing. Pretty tasty..!!

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #9  
Around this time of year my wife makes baked water chestnuts with bacon wrapped around them. Very nice!

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans
Don't think I have ever eaten a chestnut, except maybe one time in some Thanksgiving dressing, made by my Yankee friend.