Bad Boy Land Plane

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #1  

Williy

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT 235C Yannar YRC 60 rotary cutter, Yanmar RT72 rotary tiller B75 Backhoe & bucket & thumb, LS land grader
Does or has anyone used one of these??
Half the price of other companies product!

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #2  
From what I can see they are quite a bit lighter than the EA brand by a couple hundred pounds.

I think weight is what you will want with a land plane.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
I believe that the difference in weight is
between 50 to 58 lbs
The only difference I can see is that the
Bad Boy don't have the side rail support
like the other ones.
1631637014465.png
But is has the bottom section is easy to replace its bolted on.
1631636906591.png

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #5  
So wait, what is the actual price? Say on the 6' "land grader". It's 500 lbs.... not all that light. Easy to tack on 200 lbs of weights or metal.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #6  
Leaving some links here for reference.

Some random pricing I found (pics don't quite match, but)

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #8  
I would have to see one in use first before buying. With the 1/4" end pieces unsupported at their perimeter, there may be a bunch of side flexing as it bounces over rocks.

Even an extra 60lbs of structural strength in the right places may make a world of difference.

Last edited:
   / Bad Boy Land Plane #9  
If it's flexing on the unsupported side, you have it mounted upside-down. 😏 :ROFLMAO:

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #10  
I might have to buy one for my Kioti. My old 6' box blade is staying on the ol' Cub, so I was gonna buy a new one. But if I can get adjustable scarifiers on an affordable land grader like this for when ripping is needed, I don't really need a separate box blade just to trap and transport material - the front loader is far faster at that anyway. But the main use would be re-grading my gravel driveway periodically, or smoothing out newly cleared areas. That black and orange paint scheme looks pretty awesome, too.