brands and if the sides move or wiggle for the
$1000 dollar difference I can purchase some
angle iron and bolt or weld it on!! I have seen
prices for the 72 inch from $800 to $1099. Just
watch the price go up in a few months!

willy
'

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #22  
I think adjustable blades means they can be adjusted to cut deeper. I slotted my angle supports so that I can adjust my blade depth. I don't see how the lateral angle could be adjusted. Adjusting from straight to angled blades will change the width, not to mention some crazy angle issues with the blades.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #23  
Interesting views. I built mine 7.5' wide, opposing angled blades at probably about a 20 degree angle and the blades are pitched at 45 degrees. I haven't weighed mine but it's at least 1000 pounds, probably more like 1200. I need to build a flop gate for the back since I've used it a few times now. I know one thing, it puts a load on my tractor.
Just to be clear, you have a 90hp tractor. I think that we were talking about smaller tractors.
I also have a 7 footer that weighs in at 1200lbs. I agree that a tail gate could-would be very beneficial. (y)

Attachments

• P4260025.JPG
    P4260025.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 140
   / Bad Boy Land Plane #24  
I was just admiring the homemade blades. Those are some great builds. I built mine because I couldn't find what I wanted. I wasn't comparing, just sharing.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #25  
I was just admiring the homemade blades. Those are some great builds. I built mine because I couldn't find what I wanted. I wasn't comparing, just sharing.
That's cool. :cool: I actually have everything to put a tail gate on my 7 footer, everything except the time to do it. :(

Gordon is way ahead of us getting the tail gate installation completed. (y)

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
Maybe the blades a at an angle and can be
adjusted up or down???? It said the blades
are adjustable maybe at a fixed angle up or
down a few inches??
Think I will call tractor Bob in OK city

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #27  
That's cool. :cool: I actually have everything to put a tail gate on my 7 footer, everything except the time to do it. :(

Gordon is way ahead of us getting the tail gate installation completed. (y)
Yea, I haven't decided how to make mine yet or how much gap to leave at the bottom. I'm thinkingf of using a piece of 5" channel that I have. I'll think of something. I also want to build some fork slots so that I can lift it with my forks to move it around without attaching it to the QH.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #28  
Just go in between the 2 cross beams and lift. The weight pulls the unit down on the forks, or at least mine do.
My 5 foot unit is 6 foot long and my 7 footer is 8 feet long. Sort of in a bind, so no sliding around.

Attachments

• P4190014.JPG
    P4190014.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 123
   / Bad Boy Land Plane #29  
Angled blades cut better and may bounce less, not much different than with a rear blade or LR. That a BB is perpendicular is part of why it'll so often leave ripples. Any pull to one side might reduce play in the draft linkage. Weigh and braces can be added as needed depending on conditions/use.

I'm guessing the scarifiers are a few $$ extra. Not everyone has a mile long driveway that washes out seasonally. Mine is just >550 ft. Most of what I aed was 'fine CC'. After gradually building a crown with the LR snow removal is still easy and I haven't patched a pothole in 5 yrs.

I wish everyone had it as easy as I do, and I haven't seen en example here I wouldn't be happy to try out, say helping the neighbors as always.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #30  
Just go in between the 2 cross beams and lift. The weight pulls the unit down on the forks, or at least mine do.
My 5 foot unit is 6 foot long and my 7 footer is 8 feet long. Sort of in a bind, so no sliding around.
I can pick it up. I want to add slots so that I can engage it with the forks and actually use it with the loader for pushing instead of pulling in certain situations.