Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #1  

gasman1075

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2032R
We had a run in with the people down the road 1/2 mile or so because they would not restrain their 2 large dogs. The kids or wife or myself go for a walk ride a bike etc. and the dogs chase and growl and scare the kids. Neighbors were not interested in keeping their dogs restrained. After the NYSP intervened we have just avoided walking that way if the dogs are out. Now the son 26 years old has been vandalizing our mailbox for a year or more. Leaves used condoms, liquor bottles full of urine and the latest party trick bags of feces. I have him on film and video and have filed a report with NY state police so far nothing has happened and the SOB just did it again on Sunday in broad daylight. I am looking for ideas for non-lethal ways to deter this scum bag until the cops can do something to help. I also filed an online claim with the postal service. Very frustrating and annoying.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #2  
Call your local elected officials and ask why nothing can be done. Do you have a county commissioner, state representative, etc? No one wants bad press about a problem that cannot be solved for a constituent when election time comes about.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #3  
I also live in NY state, the have found the NYS police have bigger fish to fry. I'd file a report with the county sheriff, he's elected and responsible for issues within his/her county.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #4  
We had a run in with the people down the road 1/2 mile or so because they would not restrain their 2 large dogs. The kids or wife or myself go for a walk ride a bike etc. and the dogs chase and growl and scare the kids. Neighbors were not interested in keeping their dogs restrained. After the NYSP intervened we have just avoided walking that way if the dogs are out. Now the son 26 years old has been vandalizing our mailbox for a year or more. Leaves used condoms, liquor bottles full of urine and the latest party trick bags of feces. I have him on film and video and have filed a report with NY state police so far nothing has happened and the SOB just did it again on Sunday in broad daylight. I am looking for ideas for non-lethal ways to deter this scum bag until the cops can do something to help. I also filed an online claim with the postal service. Very frustrating and annoying.
Go for a walk. Take a gun. If the dogs are on public property and act aggressive, shoot to kill the dog. Better yet, take a video of the dogs actions.

Dog is the owners responsibility.

Sorry to say, you have butthole neighbors.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #5  
You have to spend money to solve this. Hire a good lawyer and get the lawyer to deal with both the neighbors and the police. Both will take a letter from a lawyer much more seriously. Don't escalate.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #6  
A lot will depend on who you get to talk too.
Some NYS Troopers are really good and responsive, others not so much.
The Sheriffs department is likely to be more responsive, and if not you can go to a county board meeting to air your problems.
You could also talk to your Township Supervisor and have him lean on the sherrifs department a bit.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor
I never thought of the Sherriff's department. They would also have jurisdiction ?

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor #8  
Over the County that you reside in always, are you in an Incorporated Town/Village area with a Village Police force.
Or in a rural area of a County. In my area we have more Deputy Sheriffs then State Troopers.

/ Bad Dogs Bad Neighbor
Over the County that you reside in always, are you in an Incorporated Town/Village area with a Village Police force.
Or in a rural area of a County. In my area we have more Deputy Sheriffs then State Troopers.
Thanks I am calling them now.